whats wrong with haywood

big_mike0307

Thanks Mike for the compliment. Let's hope Haywood can erase the past tonight with a victory over Dyersburg and former Head Coach, Bart Stowe. Do you know or not if they win, should they be in the playoffs or will we still have to wait on Saturday morning and the "Z" plan to take effect?

Rodney, best I can tell is if Haywood wins they are 100% in due to being in the top half of 4A teams in the district (3-3 while Ripley and Dburg 2-4) due to Obion beating Ripley last night.

If Dburg beats Haywood those 2 plus Ripley would be 2-4 in region, 4-6 overall. And they all went 1-1 against the other two, however the Ripley-Dburg game was non-region, so dont know how that will impact the tiebreakers. That could get messy.

Sorry, let me correct myself. If Dburg wins they will be 5-5 overall but they'd all still be tied in region. I guess in that scenario Dburg would be in since they would have beaten both teams head to head and have the better overall record. I may be going out on a limb, but I think this game is a "winner in, loser out" game.

I believe you are right. If Dyersburg wins, their overall record would be better than HC and Ripley with an equal region record. The Dyersburg?Ripley game is not counted as a region game. However, having a better overall record and head to head, Dyersburg would be in. I think it is a loser goes home game, much as what the OC/Ripley game was last night. The tie-breakers would have gotten us and would Haywood also. If Haywood wins, they are in from what I interpret, but for goodness sake, don't go by that!! :roflol: Good luck!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, let me correct myself. If Dburg wins they will be 5-5 overall but they'd all still be tied in region. I guess in that scenario Dburg would be in since they would have beaten both teams head to head and have the better overall record. I may be going out on a limb, but I think this game is a "winner in, loser out" game.

I believe you are right. If Dyersburg wins, their overall record would be better than HC and Ripley with an equal region record. The Dyersburg?Ripley game is not counted as a region game. However, having a better overall record and head to head, Dyersburg would be in. I think it is a loser goes home game, much as what the OC/Ripley game was last night. The tie-breakers would have gotten us and would Haywood also. If Haywood wins, they are in from what I interpret, but for goodness sake, don't go by that!! :hungry: Good luck!

Congrats Trojans..DHS WINS 24-14..We'll see in the morning

How was the attendance at the game last night?

And in case you missed it, Dyersburg plays at Sheffield in round 1. Neither Haywood nor Ripley made it into the playoffs.

On a side note: really TSSAA? A selection show? Just release the brackets. If you want to have a couple of homers extolling the glorious virtues of the TSSAA, then do it. But don't make us sit through 2 hours of it just because you want to try and be the NCAA basketball tourney.