Portland @ Wilson Central

PtownPanthers

I guess that's really my point, but it was really easy for the community and all the "fans" to blame the coaches. They were good guys and good coaches.the problem is reality. A mule isn't going to win the Kentucky Derby...

The previous coaching staff were excellent coaches. However, how you treat players, parents, and administration is totally different. There is a reason why you had 8+ players (a lot of them being starters) parents, and community quit on the staff last year 3 games into the season.

The community wanted to run the program, the players were just that "quitters" and the administration, well that's something altogether different. Call it what it is, if you quit on a staff because certain members weren't the puppets you wanted them to be, that's gutless. Players quitting, perhaps had the cancer not been there in the first place everyone would have been better off. They may have been good athletically and yes they were starters, but they weren't good for the team and in my opinion for everyone to fold on the staff, who you said were excellent coaches, you are lucky to have a staff at all. I know there were other coaches in the area who wanted nothing to do with the opening because of the parents, players and administration. Face it, the program is in shambles and will not return to what it once was until the community understands the real problem... Parents, players and administration.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... they cared enough to beat you tonight. Good try though. Final WC 14 PTown 11

Good game tonight boys. Hard fought game and just some stupid calls and stuff like that. Wilson Central is the most disrespectful team in this district. They earned the win but showed poor sportsmenship after the game towards Portland and the coaching staff.

Dang, when does the excuse well run dry for Portland? Bad calls, former coaches, injuries, playing bigger schools, inexperience, other teams playing dirty.......wah wah wah :thumb:

No.. what he was trying to say was that once the horn sounded to end the game, about 10 WC players ran over to the Portland sidelines, ripped down all of the cheerleaders signs and screamed obscenities at the crowd/sidelines. It was really painful to watch and made me sick to my stomach. No class at all.