Portland @ Wilson Central

PtownPanthers

nothin better than people gettin all fired up on coach T. Look at my post i said that you are having a hard time in 5A and you will untill you adapt to playing with bigger schools facts of life we still can't beat a williamson county team to save our lives. So chill out and dont brag about your hard nosed defense and then try and make excuses for losing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not bragging about it cause we have not won a game yet, all im trying to say is this is our first year playing teams that aren't small. The Portland program was left in pieces because of Mike Beaver and the new coach is trying to put in his new systems. Notice that Portland also only has 6 coaches to Galltins 14 and H'Ville's 14. All im trying to say is we are new to 5A. No hard feeling Gwave, I personally like the Green Wave. I hope they do well.

Obviously you have never seen the Panther Defense buddy blue.

As a matter of fact, I did see your defense when you played the Lebanon Blue Devils and to be honest neither of our defenses impresses me. It was one of yall's highest scoring games and we scored 35 points against you. Being new to 5A may seem like a good excuse for losing some of your games, but don't you guys play some lower division teams as well?

Portland looked VERY GOOD in the first quarter against MJ. They drove the ball well on offense and their defense held the Bears to a 3 & out. I know they played hard because they wanted to beat Perry and an undefeated MJ team, but if they can bring that intensity tonight, they can win by 10 or more. Especially since Aric announced this morning that he is out as the head coach at Central. Lots of turmoil in that locker room. Go Panthers! :lol:

Ive seen the Panther Defense or lack there of and sorry but there is nothing hard nosed about it. I hate it for those guys because they werent that competive in the old 3a and now that there in 5a they dont stand a chance with the big boys in sumner county (not that sumner county is the best please nobody take that the wrong way) but hopfully they can rebound next year and win a few cause i dont see them winning this one.

Did you really just say that portland wasnt competive in 3a. you must not know much they went to the state three times in a 6 year span yea your right they wasnt competive. Portland has 1030 kids in there school compared to all the other schools in there regoin its kinda whop sided.

Ive seen the Panther Defense or lack there of and sorry but there is nothing hard nosed about it. I hate it for those guys because they werent that competive in the old 3a and now that there in 5a they dont stand a chance with the big boys in sumner county (not that sumner county is the best please nobody take that the wrong way) but hopfully they can rebound next year and win a few cause i dont see them winning this one.

Did you really just say that portland wasnt competive in 3a. you must not know much they went to the state three times in a 6 year span yea your right they wasnt competive. Portland has 1030 kids in there school compared to all the other schools in there regoin its kinda whop sided.

Now you sound like one of us bragging about our state titles. Yes portland was competive in the early 2000s but in the last few yrs in 3A how many games did they win that was the point I was making. I also said it is kind of unfair they have to play up with bigger schools, so im not trying to dog on Portland im just pointing out facts.

Portlands last year in 3a was 2004 they lost to smith co in the qtr finals. From 1990 through 2005 portland made the playoffs every year. 1994 state runner up, 1995 semi finals, 1996 qtr finals, 1997 qtr finals, 1998 qtr finals, 1999 state runner up, 2000 won state, 2001 semi finals, 2002 second round, 2003 second round, 2004 qtr finals, 2005 first round. Im not doggin you either just giving you some info i hope ya go deep, good luck friday and in the playoffs

Portlands last year in 3a was 2004 they lost to smith co in the qtr finals. From 1990 through 2005 portland made the playoffs every year. 1994 state runner up, 1995 semi finals, 1996 qtr finals, 1997 qtr finals, 1998 qtr finals, 1999 state runner up, 2000 won state, 2001 semi finals, 2002 second round, 2003 second round, 2004 qtr finals, 2005 first round. Im not doggin you either just giving you some info i hope ya go deep, good luck friday and in the playoffs

Where they in 4A from 2005 to 2008

Yes they have been 4A during those years.

I think Portland will be tougher next year. They will have more time with their OC. I think a full offseason with no turmoil will help. The only major contributors they loose are Kirkham and Kizer. I think a returning QB, OC, and many other key parts sets the Panthers up for more success in the near future. They aren't going to state, but they should start winning.

I predict tonight to be a shoot-out, Panthers 42, WC 38.

Sorry to hear about Coach Aric. We will take him as an assistant in Portland any day of the week.

Yes they have been 4A during those years.

I think Portland will be tougher next year. They will have more time with their OC. I think a full offseason with no turmoil will help. The only major contributors they loose are Kirkham and Kizer. I think a returning QB, OC, and many other key parts sets the Panthers up for more success in the near future. They aren't going to state, but they should start winning.

I predict tonight to be a shoot-out, Panthers 42, WC 38.

Sorry to hear about Coach Aric. We will take him as an assistant in Portland any day of the week.

Yea they were in 4a then it still will be rough in 5a and 6a for the next three years its just a fact.