Portland @ Wilson Central

PtownPanthers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunright my apologizes about the 3A comment i guess i need to do somemore homework before i say somthing like that im glad you pointed that out to me. Good luck to portland tonite. I hope they can get better in the next few years. I just hope not good enought to beat Gallatin

You dont have to apologize i was just lettin you know good luck to you also.

Not a bad coach at all it seems, just seems like the players don't care.

Hmm... they cared enough to beat you tonight. Good try though. Final WC 14 PTown 11

Good game tonight boys. Hard fought game and just some stupid calls and stuff like that. Wilson Central is the most disrespectful team in this district. They earned the win but showed poor sportsmenship after the game towards Portland and the coaching staff.

Now that the season is in the books for Portland, the question is how long can the former coaches be blamed for the current state of the football program. It appears to me that with an "0 for 09" showing, you either have to say that you have "another" bad staff or realize the facts as they truly are, the talent in Portland is not what it once was.

I do believe there will be a couple of wins for this team next year, but it will be just that... A couple. I guess the real question is whether the people of Portland will finally realize this or will the tenure of this staff be shortlived as well. I mean I could really see a two season record of 2-18, 1-19, or 0-20. Far cry then of blaming the "former" staff.

Just my opinion...

So does this fall on the coaches' shoulders?

I honestly do not believe that Portland has the athletes that the teams they are playing have. Nor do I believe they had them over the past couple of years. Not sure what the deal is/was with WC. They showed glimpses of being a good team throughout the year, but could never seem to put it all together for a complete game.

So does this fall on the coaches' shoulders?

partly, but the coaches can only push so hard until its up to the players to decide wheather or not they want to have a successful season.. WC has had multiple personal fouls in many games.. an example like that yes it is the coaches fault i say sit them for a game and i bet thell think about it before they do it

Not a bad coach at all it seems, just seems like the players don't care.

Hmm... they cared enough to beat you tonight. Good try though. Final WC 14 PTown 11

Good game tonight boys. Hard fought game and just some stupid calls and stuff like that. Wilson Central is the most disrespectful team in this district. They earned the win but showed poor sportsmenship after the game towards Portland and the coaching staff.

Dang, when does the excuse well run dry for Portland? Bad calls, former coaches, injuries, playing bigger schools, inexperience, other teams playing dirty.......wah wah wah :blink:

No doubt it will be tough. I just don't see them going 0 and 9 or 0 and 10 after this season. It might be wishful thinking, but I'm ok with that!

Plus we are loosing a whole lot more than the two kids you just mentioned. likes of zach woods, tj bostic, trey napier just for a example.

I guess they are losing more than just a couple of players. However, Woods had nagging injuries all year and was never full speed. Bostic received alot of personal foul penalities with his quick temper, but was a tremendous player. Napier was also out a while with a leg injury and returned just this year to play after a two year absence. Of all the Seniors, Kirkham and Kizer were the two constants. The entire senior class will be missed. Their efforts this year and their never say die attitudes are something to build upon for the furture. I look forward to the coming years for PHS. Granted we will continue to lose some games until the talent returns, but they are making strides in the right direction. I think the 0 for the season days are behind us.