ND-Silverdale 4 p.m. Sat at

Rabble Rouser

Chattanooga Free Press, I believe, mentioned she was the lead scorer at Ooltewah, and transfered to Silverdale, and had the one year mandatory off time, and is eligibile to play now ? Kinda off topic, but if this is the case, seems a little foolish loophole for a player to sit out all season, and then be able to play in the state rounds...

D :thumb:

I just wanted to congratulate Notre Dame on their hard fought 1-0 win. I also want to say to the Silverdale players and parents, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You have a great goalie, and several other very strong players. As you coach indicated, your bench/depth is an area to work on. You played ND hard the entire game, and a lucky break or two and the outcome might have been different. Hope the girl who left with the hip injury is ok.

It seemed that the Irish really had control of that game, despite conditions, but you have to take your hat off to the goalie from Silverdale. She was really fantastic, a great mixture of size, instinct, speed and strength.

Perhaps one of you ND fathers (past or present) can help me out here. One thing that makes me a little nervous going further is the depth for ND. Am I mistaken, or did Carey play the entire game? It appeared that there were only minimal substitutions. I have been to a lot of the games this year but don't remember seeing so many clean uniforms on the sideline. Is this an issue, or am I misguided? Or both?!?

It seemed that the Irish really had control of that game, despite conditions, but you have to take your hat off to the goalie from Silverdale. She was really fantastic, a great mixture of size, instinct, speed and strength.

Perhaps one of you ND fathers (past or present) can help me out here. One thing that makes me a little nervous going further is the depth for ND. Am I mistaken, or did Carey play the entire game? It appeared that there were only minimal substitutions. I have been to a lot of the games this year but don't remember seeing so many clean uniforms on the sideline. Is this an issue, or am I misguided? Or both?!?

Coach Shermerhorn plays his "horses" longer in the games that are tighter coming down the stretch. In a situation where you lose and you are out it makes a lot of sense to keep your best players on the field when it is crunch time. Where ND has a disadvantage is next week when there are games scheduled for Wed and Thursday games. Assuming that they win the Wed game they then have to go home do homework go to school Thurday then get ready for a game that afternoon or evening. All of the other schools (not sure about CCS) are travelling and thus have no school to contend with. This also allows them to focus at the task at hand which is trying to win the state championship for their respective school. This is where back to back games plus school can really sap the energy from the Lady Irish. It sure would be nice if the school recognized this as a severe disadvantage and do something to correct this. After winning the last 4 (years)quarterfinal games and losing the last 4 (years) semi- final games you would think that someone at the school would recognize this as a fixable situation.

Finally, someone else understands the disadvantage that ND encounters every year with the girls soccer tournament being held in Chattanooga. The ND girls attending school all day and then playing against a well rested opponent. The admistration at the school needs to treat this like they girls were playing out of town and give them the time off.

Saw a good portion of this game and both teams should be congratulated for a game well-played. Silverdale is a team on the rise and ND has always produced a good season. I saw a lot of great instinctual players on both sides of the ball. The result was a good one based on the skill, strategy, and possession on the field, but I will be back to watch Silverdale as I forsee this will begin to be a more tightly matched division in the coming years.