McKenzie vs......Here we go...

VOLnWTN

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has nothing to do with our next game, but i heard from a friend that ESPN radio predicted us and TROUSDALE CO to play in the semi's

this post was from earlier in the thread, and i guess they were right :roflol:

Murphy Fair in his pre season book spoke highly of both TC and the Rebels and had the two of us at #1 and #4 to start. Late season he predicted that we would play for the state championship in the semi's. So looks like several have been right up to this point. I had a good feeling about these Rebels before season ever started and finally they have proven to me that my faith in them was well placed. Personally, I think that it's a travesty that these two teams have to meet in the semi's and not in Cookville.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME COL. REB!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflol:

Murphy Fair in his pre season book spoke highly of both TC and the Rebels and had the two of us at #1 and #4 to start. Late season he predicted that we would play for the state championship in the semi's. So looks like several have been right up to this point. I had a good feeling about these Rebels before season ever started and finally they have proven to me that my faith in them was well placed. Personally, I think that it's a travesty that these two teams have to meet in the semi's and not in Cookville.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME COL. REB!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflol:

Duck,

I figured I'd come over here to leave you a message, instead of the other board. It's getting pretty deep over there. :roflol: Butchie's told me a little about you, and no...I'm not talking about the movie industry. I just want you to know that the players, coaches, and most fans, are not taking you guys lightly. It's funny that this time of year, we have all the poster's come out of the woodworks. I'm not real sure where they've been all year, but I guess that's another story.

Anyways, if you can read through the B.S., you'll find a community that thrives on it's football. I've always said that the small town support is vastly superior to these large city schools. In this way, TC and McK have tons in common. It's going to be fun on Friday night for sure. I was at the McK./UC game last year, and I promise the atmosphere Friday will be apples to oranges. You know the game of football and you are the type of fan that our program wants/tends to win over... to gain your respect. I hope you are impressed with what you see!

Duck,

I figured I'd come over here to leave you a message, instead of the other board. It's getting pretty deep over there. :twisted: Butchie's told me a little about you, and no...I'm not talking about the movie industry. I just want you to know that the players, coaches, and most fans, are not taking you guys lightly. It's funny that this time of year, we have all the poster's come out of the woodworks. I'm not real sure where they've been all year, but I guess that's another story.

Anyways, if you can read through the B.S., you'll find a community that thrives on it's football. I've always said that the small town support is vastly superior to these large city schools. In this way, TC and McK have tons in common. It's going to be fun on Friday night for sure. I was at the McK./UC game last year, and I promise the atmosphere Friday will be apples to oranges. You know the game of football and you are the type of fan that our program wants/tends to win over... to gain your respect. I hope you are impressed with what you see!

I much apprieciate your comments. Yeah, I'm not into BS. TC already has our respect and your comments make it even more obvious why. We will "run what we brung" and may the best win. I just wish we were gonna play in Cookville because this one is it. SPitt hand us a butt whippin' in '07 and we'd like to make atonement for that. TC is a worthy opponent for sure. If we are taken down on the field without malice we will be good with you guys. We are good with SPitt also, just ask them.

We just intend to keep this one closer for all concerned and just might pull out a W!! But, again, thanks for the message and we will see how it shakes out.

Yeah, I kinda know the game. My sophmore season in HS (first year as a starter) we finished up #14 in the state...........that was before classes and we were all in one big pot. I kinda smile looking back on that now.

Duck,

I figured I'd come over here to leave you a message, instead of the other board. It's getting pretty deep over there. :twisted: Butchie's told me a little about you, and no...I'm not talking about the movie industry. I just want you to know that the players, coaches, and most fans, are not taking you guys lightly. It's funny that this time of year, we have all the poster's come out of the woodworks. I'm not real sure where they've been all year, but I guess that's another story.

This site is messing with me it seems but McKenzie is a town that thrives on football as well. Ours has been an up and coming program since '98 and had some great teams along before then. It is our hope to come east and make a good accounting of ourselves. I know the key to this game and apologies sent but I ain't tellin'. The Rebels depend on speed and heart and athleticism! They seem always to find a way to win. I suspect ya'll are not a lot different. Seven, this will be the Gold Ball game Friday night!!!

Good to talk with you!