8-AAA District Champ Doesn't matter

LiLolme

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Lawrence Co. rate a #1 seed over Colunbia?(Who defeated Lawrence Co.and finished 1st in the district and Lawrence finished 2nd?

Someone grab a tissue!! Would you rather play a 7-3 Craigmont team from Memphis or a 3-7 Cleavland team? Good grief

I believe you know what you can do with your tissue.Winning your district,Getting a 32 seed and having to play in a tougher brackett with Clinton,while the team you beat for the district championship geta a #1 seed and homefield advantage is STUPID.

This is a clear opportunity for Columbia to win what may be it's first playoff game in history.....not sure on the history, but it has been a long time since Columbia advanced in the playoffs.

How does Lawrence Co. rate a #1 seed over Colunbia?(Who defeated Lawrence Co.and finished 1st in the district and Lawrence finished 2nd?

Someone grab a tissue!! Would you rather play a 7-3 Craigmont team from Memphis or a 3-7 Cleavland team? Good grief

I believe you know what you can do with your tissue.Winning your district,Getting a 32 seed and having to play in a tougher brackett with Clinton,while the team you beat for the district championship geta a #1 seed and homefield advantage is STUPID.

A 32 seed? if there was a 32 seed, it would be White Co, who is in Columbia's Quad

Does not really matter who plays who or when a roads leads to the gold ball and to be the best you have to beat the best. Columbia may get another shoot at LC

This is a clear opportunity for Columbia to win what may be it's first playoff game in history.....not sure on the history, but it has been a long time since Columbia advanced in the playoffs.

quote]

Surely Columbia has won a game in the playoffs in their history?

Not saying you're wrong, that would just be shocking to me. With all the athletes they've had?!

Seems like I remember them having a couple good teams years ago with a guy named Ronnie Pillow(?)....

Not important, just thinkin...

THE SQUAD :thumb:

If the TSSAA felt That Lawrence Co. deserved a #1 seed;Then Columbia should have also had one.It apparently wasn't settled on the field when Columbia beat Lawrence Co.but by a "committee". Sounds like The NCAA (NOT a compliment!) Maybe Lawrence co. deserved a# 1 seed.But If They do ,Then the team that beat them for the District Championship with a better overall record(Columbia)does or there's no need To have a district champion.

This is far from accurate. Columbia played Hillsboro in the 3rd round a few years ago, when they were both undefeated (even though they played in the same Region...remember that system?) Because there were 10 teams in their Region, they split into 2 divisions, and by luck of the draw Columbia and Hillsboro did not play each other in the regular season. I think Columbia was #1 in the state but #2 in their region at the time.

If the TSSAA felt That Lawrence Co. deserved a #1 seed;Then Columbia should have also had one.It apparently wasn't settled on the field when Columbia beat Lawrence Co.but by a "committee". Sounds like The NCAA (NOT a compliment!) Maybe Lawrence co. deserved a# 1 seed.But If They do ,Then the team that beat them for the District Championship with a better overall record(Columbia)does or there's no need To have a district champion.

It would make sense that Columbia and Lawrence Co be switched, but "geographically" it doesn't make sense. I know it's not that much difference, but that is the difference. Columbia's overall record is worse than Clintons, so Clinton get's the #1 seed. (although now that I look at it, the current bracket has Columbia #1)

http://www.tssaa.org/2009champions/stat ... racket.htm