Tweaks need to be made.

workinprogress

How about this.....in order for a team to make the playoffs they must be at least 5-5. If a team would make the playoffs with a sub .500 record then add another wild card team or give an undefeated team a first round bye depending on the numbers. Also figure in strength of schedule. The current system awards teams for playing a weak schedule and punishes teams who play harder schedules. There should be some type of point system put into place and teams should know what they have to do to get into the playoffs and what probable seed they will draw. Also, a closer look at second round games should take place. This system was drawn up to cut down on costs of travel. How is it then in round one Indy must travel to Memphis and if Arlington wins then the Franklin/Overton winner must travel to Memphis in round two. And thats just the one instance I noticed but I am sure there are many more. Under the old system Indy/Franklin/Overton would not have had to travel until the quarterfinals. JMO

How about this.....in order for a team to make the playoffs they must be at least 5-5. If a team would make the playoffs with a sub .500 record then add another wild card team or give an undefeated team a first round bye depending on the numbers. Also figure in strength of schedule. The current system awards teams for playing a weak schedule and punishes teams who play harder schedules. There should be some type of point system put into place and teams should know what they have to do to get into the playoffs and what probable seed they will draw. Also, a closer look at second round games should take place. This system was drawn up to cut down on costs of travel. How is it then in round one Indy must travel to Memphis and if Arlington wins then the Franklin/Overton winner must travel to Memphis in round two. And thats just the one instance I noticed but I am sure there are many more. Under the old system Indy/Franklin/Overton would not have had to travel until the quarterfinals. JMO

Tweak is a bit understated.................I think a full body cavity search of the TSSAA is in order. Listen carefully; the reason we have so many subpar record teams in the playoffs IS...............Tennessee DOES NOT have enough teams for 6 classifications + the privates. Call it what it is.............it is the basketball tournaments; basically all in!!