1st Round- Mcallie vs. Briarcrest

CantBstopped

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the directions owlbooster. I say let's all pack up, wear our blue and cheer until the cows come home! Loving a good weather forecast for a change. We've had entirely too much rain! Three years ago there was a great little restaurant with outside seating that was on the road there. I can't remember their name, but I'll start looking!

As to predictions, I'll have to look at film over the next couple of days. Looked over their stats for the year. Don't know much about their nonregion opponents...hard to make a judgment from that. I threw my magic 8 ball off the back deck into the woods....must have been defective. Thanks to the retriever for bringing it back!

Thanks for the directions owlbooster. I say let's all pack up, wear our blue and cheer until the cows come home! Loving a good weather forecast for a change. We've had entirely too much rain! Three years ago there was a great little restaurant with outside seating that was on the road there. I can't remember their name, but I'll start looking!

As to predictions, I'll have to look at film over the next couple of days. Looked over their stats for the year. Don't know much about their nonregion opponents...hard to make a judgment from that. I threw my magic 8 ball off the back deck into the woods....must have been defective. Thanks to the retriever for bringing it back!

A Mom that watches film. Awesome. Does Bluedad watch too?

Yes he does. We don't get to watch every week, but I do try to catch the film of opponents that I've not seen before or in a long while. I usually manage to ask stupid questions, however, I have gotten much better after a few years. I don't really understand X and O's on paper/boards. They remind me of electrical circuits in physics. I just know who usually starts where and where they should go.

Blueson will return on Friday to the site of his varsity playing time. If I am not mistaken he is the only current McCallie player who has played there before. He was a freshman back up long snapper at the time!

Does Bluedad watch too?

Oh yes - I, Blue Dad, watch (and study) film. Maybe - I may actually watch film with a "somewhat different" perspective.

I enjoy "evaluating" more than just the players on the field. (As you likely know - there are about 5 other individuals runnin' around on the football field (each Friday night) - if ya catch my drift).

Obviously, we are a family that loves TN's HS football.

I, Blue Dad, have been associated with TN HS football for several decades.

Is there anything else to do on Fri PM's in our fine state in the fall?

Blue Grand Dad actually got us all started - He started following TN HS football in the late 50's.

Thanks for askin' Chattcity - Go Big Blue!

For those who prefer the Nashville-avoidance route and will be coming in to Shelby County via Hwy. 72, after passing through Collierville, turn right onto Houston Levee (at the giant American flag at Landers Ford), continue on a few miles and it will take you right to Briarcrest. Depending on the time of day, the Canada Rd route off I-40 can be a nightmare...lots of construction and narrow two-lane areas. If you take the Hwy. 72 route, stop and eat at Huey's (across Houston Levee from the Ford dealer -- best burger anywhere, hands down.) This may be the place you were thinking of Blue Mom...they do have an outdoor eating area.

AAA does recommend taking US 72, though how they calculated a driving time of 4 hrs 16 minutes - which is averaging almost 70 miles an hour - is beyond me. This takes you into Collierville, which is loaded with good places to eat before the game. This is a more scenic route also. Briarcrest is on Houston Levee, a few miles north of 72, as was mentioned in the previous post.

I've managed to squeeze in 2 games. One a loss to CBHS and the other a win against St Benedict.

The Saints strike me as a pretty fundamentally sound team offensively. Good back (#23) and a couple of fast WR all of whom will have to be accounted for. QB has a quick release. Defense seems to like a 4 man front with active linebackers. Interesting punt formation...

I believe that both teams will match up well and it should be a good game. Back to packing!

Well, we are loading the car and will head out soon on our quest for a winning trip to Memphis. Looking forward to some beautiful football weather and great leaf viewing as we drive. Hope all who are travelling near and far have safe trips!

Now, for my prediction. I have only been able see 2 games and reviewed stats from previous games and feel that we are facing a fundamentally sound team capable of putting points on the board. Has the Blue been humbled enough? Are we ready to have our puffs of wind coalesce into the perfect F5 tornado? I feel the breeze gaining strength and expect to have full swirl and hear a train as I near Memphis....

Blue 27

Saints 21