Millington vs Wooddale

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I believe Webber is going to be a star at the varsity level. However I don't believe the young man is ready for the caliber of talent that he is seeing at this point of the season. Yes , I agree he is faster than anyone on the varsity team now but he is not use to the type of speed and pursuit from a D that he will see in the playoffs. They need to just keep doing what they do, but do it mistake free (TO's & penalties)! They flat out ripped Arlington's D apart on more than one drive. Dominating on first downs, time of possession, total yds (all rushing for Mill) and turnovers :thumb: Lucky for Mill that Arlington had a single run go for 92 yards or Arl. would have lost the yardage stat 325 to 145 and still won. Now that would have really been embarrassing. Take away just half of the mistakes and Mill wins. At this point in the year the team with the least amount of mistakes win, Period!! Oh yeah,, and for you so call Millington fans that are bashing and some that are making personal attacks on our coach. You need to take that up with him face to face and not on a public forum.

I know this thread is supposed to be dead but I wanted to get my .02 in. I have not posted about this game until now. I do find it interesting that only a few weeks ago, there was a theme that Millington would not lose to Arlington. Now the theme is that Millington beat themselves. Interesting theory.

Millington did make mistakes as did Arlington. I think the point that is lost here is how Arlington coming off a 1-9 season with no history to speak of in big games went to Millington on senior night with the region crown on the line and won ....without playing their best (by a longshot). The Tigers played pretty average football as well..missed open receivers, had missed tackles (yes Millington was not the only team to be in position to make tackles and miss them - but it is in the eye of the beholder. When Millington misses a tackle, they beat themselves, when Arlington misses a tackle, the Trojans torched the Tiger defense - I get it).

Our QB was inadvertently poked in the eye in the first drive of the second half, lost a contact and did not have a spare. It is amazing that he didn't throw a pick as by then there wasn't much difference in the colors of the jerseys due to the weather - LOL! So there is plenty for both sides to lament about.

I think Millington is a good team (not as good as last year, but good). Bottom line is that in a game that was for the region championship, on the road, not playing thier best game, the Tigers overcame all that and won in OT. That is what championship teams do - they find a way to win...period. When the game was on the line, the Tigers stared down the Trojans and did not blink and for that I could not be more proud. As I have said before, this group of seniors have won at every level and were expected to be good (now 10-0; who would have thought even with the schedule). When our soph. kicker nailed the FG for the win (what a pressure kick by a soph. by the way), I was almost brought to tears. These kids have worked their tails off and proven everyone wrong. Enjoy the Region Championship Tigers!

Now, the thread is officially dead and let's focus on the playoffs. Hey, if both teams take care of business, maybe we can play again later this month. Good Luck to both teams in the playoffs. Our region looks better the farther we both go.

First of all I believe Webber is going to be a star at the varsity level. However I don't believe the young man is ready for the caliber of talent that he is seeing at this point of the season. Yes , I agree he is faster than anyone on the varsity team now but he is not use to the type of speed and pursuit from a D that he will see in the playoffs. They need to just keep doing what they do, but do it mistake free (TO's & penalties)! They flat out ripped Arlington's D apart on more than one drive. Dominating on first downs, time of possession, total yds (all rushing for Mill) and turnovers :thumb: Lucky for Mill that Arlington had a single run go for 92 yards or Arl. would have lost the yardage stat 325 to 145 and still won. Now that would have really been embarrassing. Take away just half of the mistakes and Mill wins. At this point in the year the team with the least amount of mistakes win, Period!! Oh yeah,, and for you so call Millington fans that are bashing and some that are making personal attacks on our coach. You need to take that up with him face to face and not on a public forum.

I don't think Webber will be dressing or playing this week.

Wrong thread, homey!

You missed my cryptic message - The Wooddale thread had the comment about Millington torching the Tiger defense. Just thought I would tie it all together :thumb:

I don't know who claimed they torched their defense or what they meant by it but that was one of the highest rushing totals for the year for Millington between 200-300yds in some nasty conditions. So maybe they did torch the tiger considering the rushing yards but they could not score for various reasons and they still lost. Who cares it is past and we need to be able to score points whne we get in the redzone this week or we will be finished for the year.

I know this thread is supposed to be dead but I wanted to get my .02 in. I have not posted about this game until now. I do find it interesting that only a few weeks ago, there was a theme that Millington would not lose to Arlington. Now the theme is that Millington beat themselves. Interesting theory.

Millington did make mistakes as did Arlington. I think the point that is lost here is how Arlington coming off a 1-9 season with no history to speak of in big games went to Millington on senior night with the region crown on the line and won ....without playing their best (by a longshot). The Tigers played pretty average football as well..missed open receivers, had missed tackles (yes Millington was not the only team to be in position to make tackles and miss them - but it is in the eye of the beholder. When Millington misses a tackle, they beat themselves, when Arlington misses a tackle, the Trojans torched the Tiger defense - I get it).

Our QB was inadvertently poked in the eye in the first drive of the second half, lost a contact and did not have a spare. It is amazing that he didn't throw a pick as by then there wasn't much difference in the colors of the jerseys due to the weather - LOL! So there is plenty for both sides to lament about.

I think Millington is a good team (not as good as last year, but good). Bottom line is that in a game that was for the region championship, on the road, not playing thier best game, the Tigers overcame all that and won in OT. That is what championship teams do - they find a way to win...period. When the game was on the line, the Tigers stared down the Trojans and did not blink and for that I could not be more proud. As I have said before, this group of seniors have won at every level and were expected to be good (now 10-0; who would have thought even with the schedule). When our soph. kicker nailed the FG for the win (what a pressure kick by a soph. by the way), I was almost brought to tears. These kids have worked their tails off and proven everyone wrong. Enjoy the Region Championship Tigers!

Now, the thread is officially dead and let's focus on the playoffs. Hey, if both teams take care of business, maybe we can play again later this month. Good Luck to both teams in the playoffs. Our region looks better the farther we both go.

You guys won period, and would'nt it be nice to meet again.

Go West TN.

"LET'S GO TROJANS"

Wrong thread, homey!

You missed my cryptic message - The Wooddale thread had the comment about Millington torching the Tiger defense. Just thought I would tie it all together :thumb:

I don't know who claimed they torched their defense or what they meant by it but that was one of the highest rushing totals for the year for Millington between 200-300yds in some nasty conditions. So maybe they did torch the tiger considering the rushing yards but they could not score for various reasons and they still lost. Who cares it is past and we need to be able to score points whne we get in the redzone this week or we will be finished for the year.

325 yds rushing :thumb:

Dynasty31, I'm not trying to make any excuses for why the Trojans lost. I only post the facts and the facts are the Tigers beat the Trojans! The only point I was trying to make was "the Fact" that it was embarrassing to get beat when you dominate every aspect of the game! Notice that statement was made with the "FACT" that the stat.numbers don't lie. The mistakes made had nothing to do with Arlington but everything to do with the Trojans discipline or lack of. All this point was being made to say that if the Trojans fix theses problems they can upset Wooddale. Which is what the topic is about, Millington vs Wooddale! Sorry! I guess I could have used the stats from another game but that was the last one the Trojans played. :roflol:

Dynasty31, I'm not trying to make any excuses for why the Trojans lost. I only post the facts and the facts are the Tigers beat the Trojans! The only point I was trying to make was "the Fact" that it was embarrassing to get beat when you dominate every aspect of the game! Notice that statement was made with the "FACT" that the stat.numbers don't lie. The mistakes made had nothing to do with Arlington but everything to do with the Trojans discipline or lack of. All this point was being made to say that if the Trojans fix theses problems they can upset Wooddale. Which is what the topic is about, Millington vs Wooddale! Sorry! I guess I could have used the stats from another game but that was the last one the Trojans played. :roflol:

FOHSF - Point taken. I was having a little fun that is all. I do not think either team played their best. I can recall a high school game of mine (eons ago) in La where we lost to the #1 ranked team in the state 15-8 despite outgaining them 385-79 in yardage. Turnovers and penalties will hurt you. Those guys will say they caused them and that is what good teams do and we say we beat ourselves. As the saying goes, there are 3 sides to each story - yours, mine and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

My point was simply that Arlington did not play their best game either and a lot of that had to do with the Tigers themselves just like the Trojan fans are saying about their team. After seeing them play in person and watching tape of both, I think that Arlington is the better team this year. Obviously, we rely more on the pass and field conditions can affect us. I think our passing game was terrible in that game due to a number of factors (QB contact problems, dropped passes, wrong routes, wet field, etc) that are unrelated to Millington. You guys have been the kings for a while, AHS wants to enjoy being king for a least a day.

One point I think we agree on is now we are fans of both schools. I wish Millington and all Memphis area teams the best as I would like to improve our perfromance against the other parts of the state.

Now let's focus on the playoffs and hopefully both make a run to December. Good Luck! :lol: