Congrats to WC bowlers

WCHSbowling

I just want to congratulate the Wilson Central Lady Wildcats for their outstanding day today (11-3-09) -the team rolled games of 1275-1211-1211 for an awesome 3697 series!! These girls only broke the 1200+ game plateau last month for the first time, and now they've done it in all 3 games!! Also, congrats to JR Clemons for the WC boys, who had a near-perfect 299 game today. JR is now averaging 223 on the season. Great bowling, WC bowlers!! :roflol:

• 4 weeks later...

JR Clemons was at it again yesterday...this time bowling another 299 game, along with games of 276 & 267 for an INCREDIBLE 843 series!! I know there have been 800+ series' in High School bowling, but I have not heard of one higher than this!! Does anyone else out there know?? JR rolled 30 out of 36 strikes, and his 2nd game (267) could have been higher, but he missed the 10-pin in the 10th frame after starting off that game with the front 9! JR led the Wilson Central boys to a new school-record team series with a 3936. The WC LadyCats also had a very good day, rolling a 3522 total. Our regular season is now done...on to the post-season!!

I just want to congratulate the Wilson Central Lady Wildcats for their outstanding day today (11-3-09) -the team rolled games of 1275-1211-1211 for an awesome 3697 series!! These girls only broke the 1200+ game plateau last month for the first time, and now they've done it in all 3 games!! Also, congrats to JR Clemons for the WC boys, who had a near-perfect 299 game today. JR is now averaging 223 on the season. Great bowling, WC bowlers!! :mellow:

OMG! That is absolutely outstanding bowling by the Lady Wildcats. 3,697 is the highest I've ever heard for a girls team. Back in 2008, the Hixson Lady Wildcats shot 3,675 in the Region 3 championship finals against Soddy Daisy..

catsbackr

Medalist

Location: Chattanooga by catsbackr » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:51 pm

The Hixson Lady 'Cats go to 25-0 today with an outstanding performance in the Region 3 championship finals. The girls defeated Soddy Daisy 25-2, pinfall totals to follow.

Hixson was led by Andria Aurand 682 (277, 170, 235), Allie Chase 666 (206, 247, 213), Stephanie Bledsoe 637 (237, 221, 179) and Kayla Carnes 599 (186, 201, 212).

During the finals, the Lady Wildcats may have set a record for girls high school bowling in the state. Pinfall totals for the match were 3,675-3,014. I'm not sure I have heard of another higher pinfall total for girls and keep in mind that this was in a strange house.

The Sectionals are Saturday at Hixson.

Way to go girls, KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!

(Oh, I almost forgot. The Lady Wildcats beat the boys Region 3 champions by 58 pins!)

"Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical. "...Yogi Berra

Awesome bowling ladies!

Mark im pretty sure that is the highest I have heard of. I know there have not been many in the state at all and the highest i remember having or having heard of was 8teen for me and i remember DJ Chaffin shooting like 820 or 830 so as far as i know JR is the highest. Pretty nasty block...amazing what happens when someone gets really dialed in...kinda like all league season for you huh mark haha :thumb:

• 1 month later...

The Wilson Central Boys join the girls in a return trip to the State Tournament!! The Wildcats won over Hendersonville today 19-8, with pinfall totals 3761-3454. Congrats to Michael Whitlow, who started today for an injured player and rolled the first nine strikes enroute to a personal best 279 game! Also, hats off to H'ville bowler Chris Rittenberry, who equaled that 279 score in game 3...nice bowling, Chris! Now we have the chance to do what we were oh so close to last year...win that STATE TITLE!! Good luck to our team, and I wish the best to all of the bowlers who are bowling at State this year!!

• 11 months later...

The Region 5 Tournament started yesterday at Hermitage Lanes, and congrats to the Wilson Central boys for winning their first round match over Franklin with a school record 4017 score! This is the first time our boys have gone over the 4000 plateau. Chris Branner led the team with a super 764 series (269-227-268), and Spencer Harp & Kyle Hubbuch both had a 267 game and 706 series. LadyCats also advance to the Region semi's with a 26-1 win over Franklin. The girls shot 3338 to move on. Keep those scores coming, Central!