Knoxville Basketball

only1coach

What schools have a team that can compete now and what teams need some work but could go far this season? What about district 3aaa and 4aaa? what teams look to come from them. Halls has a new coach any chance they are better? What about Maryville, WB, Farragut, Oak Ridge, Powell, West, Central, LC, any of these team look good?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is loaded. farragut will be very good. LC should be better this year. coach young always has powell in the mix, plus they've got jill herman back. heritage has a bunch of great shooters but will miss maples. don't see how oak ridge couldn't be down some after the seniors they lost. bearden will be tall and athletic and play great defense but will miss sanders and hirst. seymour is going to be very good- great point guard, tough kids, great coach -despite the loss of slay.

Basketball is close!!!!

One of my main sources told me to tone down a bit so I'll try to do that. (you know who you are...heh)

Lenoir has some talent this year. Not sure what they'll do with it but they have some talent. Halls has 13 girls....in the entire program. Girls have been training since school started so they should be in shape. Heard boys will be better this year at Halls. Farragut will be good again but Maryville is clear frontrunner to start season. Bearden will miss Hurst but how could they not? Heard nothing on Powell and nothing on West.

Heard Catholic is in on a 4th grader with serious skillz. :roflolk:

Basketball is close!!!!

One of my main sources told me to tone down a bit so I'll try to do that. (you know who you are...heh)

Lenoir has some talent this year. Not sure what they'll do with it but they have some talent. Halls has 13 girls....in the entire program. Girls have been training since school started so they should be in shape. Heard boys will be better this year at Halls. Farragut will be good again but Maryville is clear frontrunner to start season. Bearden will miss Hurst but how could they not? Heard nothing on Powell and nothing on West.

Heard Catholic is in on a 4th grader with serious skillz. :roflolk:

I heard from a reliable source that Bearden went 2-0 at Greeneville pre-season scrimmage day and Farragut went 0-4. Has anyone else heard about any other teams from the area?

Bearden-They really didn't look very good in the scrimmage day at Greeneville. They struggled all around.

Farragut-They didn't look very good in the scrimmage day at Greeneville. They may have rotated players, however only strength was in #51 post player. Greeneville dominated them during the scrimmage.

Marryville sounds to be the top team around knoxville.

Farragut MUST run their offense through the post or they will struggle. However, that hasn't seemed to be a priority for them in the past few years.

Greeneville has 5 really strong players that I know of. Don't know about their bench but their first five is big and talented.

I saw Bearden earlier this year too and wasn't impressed but it is early.

Farragut MUST run their offense through the post or they will struggle. However, that hasn't seemed to be a priority for them in the past few years

Isn't the Farragut post the Sophomore of the year? Wouldn't she need to get a lot of touches to win that? Every time i have seen Farragut play LC they throw the ball inside almost too much (forcing it in)

Just an Observation.

Has anyone actually seen or heard about a Maryville scrimmage with their new post?

No offense to anyone but Farragut's post gets the majority of her points on put backs. She was Soph of the year because she averaged a double/double and shoots over 80% from the line basically rebounding missed 3's shot by some really talented seniors. You may be right in the LC games, I don't get to see her that often. I just know she is the best player on that team and is getting looks from at least 6 D1 schools and numerous D2/NAIA schools for a reason.

Maryville has got to be tough. They were already strong and added another 6' athletic post that can score and run the floor. Several teams are going to be strong IMO.

No offense to anyone but Farragut's post gets the majority of her points on put backs. She was Soph of the year because she averaged a double/double and shoots over 80% from the line basically rebounding missed 3's shot by some really talented seniors. You may be right in the LC games, I don't get to see her that often. I just know she is the best player on that team and is getting looks from at least 6 D1 schools and numerous D2/NAIA schools for a reason.

Maryville has got to be tough. They were already strong and added another 6' athletic post that can score and run the floor. Several teams are going to be strong IMO.

You totally mistook my post... The Farragut post is awesome! I was just saying that it looks like the team already goes to her a lot on their fast break and half-court sets from the games i have seen. That's why for a player to win Soph of the year the team has to get her a lot of touches.

Any school that gets her will be lucky.