Blue Ridge Preview 2009/2010

CDHSKNIGHTS34

CD lost to Clabiorne on tuesday by 22 and beat south greene on friday by 4 in a thriller.. looks like CD will play Greeneville first round of the Districts. idk it just looks like its goin to be that way either Greeneville or South Greene. Either match up should be even to me.. with CD hitting thier stride at the right time could give Greeneville some problems.. if they play not scared of the Mighy Devils. they should win.. but if they play like the first two times scared and not play like they can they will lose.. I cant wait till thursday!!! should be very fun Districts this year at Hal Henard!!! CD plays Clabirone at home monday and finsh the season tuesday aginst Cloudland.... Good luck to rest of the teams!!! See you on thursday!!

I know Claiborne is the top seed but losing by 22 points doesn't help your argument about hitting a stride. I'm with you, I think CD can be dangerous in the tournament. We will see what they do tonight at home.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Schedule:

Thursday will have one boys game: #2 South Greene vs. #7 West Greene.

Friday will be #3 Cumberland Gap vs. #6 Grainger and the night cap #4 Greeneville vs. #5 Chuckey Doak (IMO will be the best game of the tourney).

The #1 Seed Claibore gets a bye til Saturday and will play the GHS/CD winner and the other semifinal game will be the SG/WG winner vs. the CG/GHS winner.

South Greene squeeked away from West Greene last night. I have to give credit to the Buffs for never giving up and having strong runs in the third and fourth quarters. I believe it came down to free throws and in the fourth quarter alone I counted 11 missed free throws from the Buffs and 7 in a row at one point. I guess the Buffs can officially start baseball and softball season, oh and tennis too. Won't be there tonight, but man I wish I could watch the Greeneville Chuckey Doak game. Should be a dandy.

Here is a recap of the District Tournament..

1st Round

South Greene Beats West Greene

Cumberland Gap Beats Grangier

Chuckey Doak Beats Greeneville

The Biggest Upset of the Round was Chuckey Doak over Greeneville it really wasn't a upset to me cause they are better then greeneville but to most of the people in attendence that night was surpised..

2nd Round

Cumberland Gap beats South Greene

Clabrione beats Chuckey Doak

in review Gap it took 2 over times to decied this one.. a very good game with some thrilling shots. the Clabirone Chuckey Doak game was Great in the First half but the knights came out of the locker room very tired prob didnt recover after giveing it thier all aginst greeneviile. but over all the game was good besides the 3rd..

3rd Round

Chuckey Doak Beats South Greene

Clabrione Beats Cumberland Gap

The 3rd place game was GREAT.. went both ways all gay just like the classic south greene chuckey doak rivalry does.. with 33 sec left Wilhoit nets a jumper to put south greene ahead. knights come down the floor with about 11 sec left Painter knocked down a short jumper to tie the game.. Wilhoit got the ball and was going down for the last shot. Then Painter Fouls him looked like a dumb foul at first but in the end it was a good foul.. Wilhoit went to the line for 1 and 1 with 6 sec left. he missed it knights got the rebound and got it to David Harris he went down the side lines and crossed half court and shot the ball. it was a high shot it hit the backboard then in to give the Knights a 62-59 win over the Rebs giveing them 3 wins over the Rebs this season.. GREAT GAME.

Championship

Didnt Watch to much of this game. from what i seen First Half was even and 3rd was even intill the 4th intill the Bulldogs pulled away to win by 16 or more.. Good game intill the end..

1st.Clabrione

2nd.Cumberland Gap

3rd.Chuckey Doak

4th.South Greene

5th.Greeneville

6th.Grangier

7th.West Greene

Thats how they finsh out

Chuckey Doak Travles to Unicoi

South Greene Travles to Sullvian East

Clabrione is at home not sure who comes its either Johnson County or Happy Valley

Same For Gap

Great Season Good luck to all teams in Regonails!!!! Lets make a good showing for Blue Ridge

Thanks for the recap...alot of mundane play in Greene County this year...coaching too (predictable, coaching systems vs. adapting to talent on-hand) Good luck to CDHS and South Greene!

Here is a recap of the District Tournament..

1st Round

South Greene Beats West Greene

Cumberland Gap Beats Grangier

Chuckey Doak Beats Greeneville

The Biggest Upset of the Round was Chuckey Doak over Greeneville it really wasn't a upset to me cause they are better then greeneville but to most of the people in attendence that night was surpised..

2nd Round

Cumberland Gap beats South Greene

Clabrione beats Chuckey Doak

in review Gap it took 2 over times to decied this one.. a very good game with some thrilling shots. the Clabirone Chuckey Doak game was Great in the First half but the knights came out of the locker room very tired prob didnt recover after giveing it thier all aginst greeneviile. but over all the game was good besides the 3rd..

3rd Round

Chuckey Doak Beats South Greene

Clabrione Beats Cumberland Gap

The 3rd place game was GREAT.. went both ways all gay just like the classic south greene chuckey doak rivalry does.. with 33 sec left Wilhoit nets a jumper to put south greene ahead. knights come down the floor with about 11 sec left Painter knocked down a short jumper to tie the game.. Wilhoit got the ball and was going down for the last shot. Then Painter Fouls him looked like a dumb foul at first but in the end it was a good foul.. Wilhoit went to the line for 1 and 1 with 6 sec left. he missed it knights got the rebound and got it to David Harris he went down the side lines and crossed half court and shot the ball. it was a high shot it hit the backboard then in to give the Knights a 62-59 win over the Rebs giveing them 3 wins over the Rebs this season.. GREAT GAME.

Championship

Didnt Watch to much of this game. from what i seen First Half was even and 3rd was even intill the 4th intill the Bulldogs pulled away to win by 16 or more.. Good game intill the end..

1st.Clabrione

2nd.Cumberland Gap

3rd.Chuckey Doak

4th.South Greene

5th.Greeneville

6th.Grangier

7th.West Greene

Thats how they finsh out

Chuckey Doak Travles to Unicoi

South Greene Travles to Sullvian East

Clabrione is at home not sure who comes its either Johnson County or Happy Valley

Same For Gap

Great Season Good luck to all teams in Regonails!!!! Lets make a good showing for Blue Ridge