Some Great Wrestlers coming for Renee Miller Tourney

sexynasinglet

Have received about 100 entry's this am and some real quality wrestlers already signed up.More to follow dont miss out on a great pre-season tourney for a great cause!!!!!!!!!

Deadline for entry's and to register for weight certification will be midnight Friday Nov. 6th

Team Name wrestlers name weight class

By e mail to rbhswrestling @ hotmail.com

send checks to :

Red Bank High School Takedown Club

Attention Michael Martin

6800 Big Ridge Road

Hixson Tn. 37343

FIRST ANNUAL RENEE MILLER PRESEASON TOURNEY

Renee Miller is the mother of nine children, including wrestlers Jackie and Jeremy Miller of Greenback High School. She was deeply involved with her children and a great supporter of all of their athletic pursuits. Renee was especially impressed with how much her two oldest sons gained from their participation in wrestling. She had hoped to become more involved with the sport and for each of her younger children to have a chance to wrestle.

Renee was murdered in March of this year. Her family continues to maintain a website, which tells more about Renee and the ongoing legal proceedings. Here is a link to that site:

http://reneeroissiermiller.com/?page_id=2

Her family is grateful to know that others remember Renee and that they wish to honor her life with this tournament.

HALF OF THE PROCEEDS FROM TOURNEY WILL GO TO THE MILLER FAMILY

High School Boys Grades 9-12

Normal weights Plus two lbs. (example 103 plus 2= 105 112 plus 2 = 114 etc.)

RED BANK HIGH SCHOOL SAT NOV.14TH 2009

We will have weight certification @ 6 AM BRING $10.00

IF NOT CERTIFYING WEIGH IN @ 7 AM

TOURNEY STARTS @ 8:30 AM

BOTH GYMS WILL BE USED 6-8 MATS

$15.00 INDIVIDUALS

$150.00 PER TEAM

Any questions contact us @

RBHSWRESTLING@HOTMAIL.COM

RED BANK HIGH LIONS WRESTLING

HEAD COACH BEN REICHEL 423-432-2514

ASST COACH CHIG MARTIN 423-314-7992

http://www.myspace.com/rbhswrestling

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminder that this is preseason and that a lil mat time is not going to hurt anyone.

I can assure you our team needs more practice room time also.Live matches with someone other than you room partners is good practice. Each Coach and each team have dif ways that they like to prepare for the upcoming season.

Guys name Steve have lots of State Championships so I am not one to question what they choose to do :unsure: They know what there teams need prob better than most .

This is also a fundraising event for a family that is one of our own.

So thanks to all that choose to come and you can still register to get in.We have lots of great wrestlers

signed up and will have more this week as well. Individuals are welcome you don't have to have your entire team come.

Daisy May you and your friend can come too...we need volunteer help ....you might even hear some good gossip here from people named Steve or Jim or Ben or Shak or Jake or Mike or Gordon or Kenny etc. LOL :roflolk:

If you don't want to wrestle come out and volunteer to help or just watch some good wrestling.

There will be some good match ups right here in Chattanooga and you will be 20 min from home when they day is done.

Reminder that this is preseason and that a lil mat time is not going to hurt anyone.

I can assure you our team needs more practice room time also.Live matches with someone other than you room partners is good practice. Each Coach and each team have dif ways that they like to prepare for the upcoming season.

Guys name Steve have lots of State Championships so I am not one to question what they choose to do :unsure: They know what there teams need prob better than most .

This is also a fundraising event for a family that is one of our own.

So thanks to all that choose to come and you can still register to get in.We have lots of great wrestlers

signed up and will have more this week as well. Individuals are welcome you don't have to have your entire team come.

Daisy May you and your friend can come too...we need volunteer help ....you might even hear some good gossip here from people named Steve or Jim or Ben or Shak or Jake or Mike or Gordon or Kenny etc. LOL :roflolk:

If you don't want to wrestle come out and volunteer to help or just watch some good wrestling.

There will be some good match ups right here in Chattanooga and you will be 20 min from home when they day is done.

You can always expect some good gossip from Chig too.

Chattwrestling your 2 outstanding wrestlers attending this event ?

Rumor 1: A friend of a friend of mine told me that someone name Blair called and said that Brentwood is bringing some of there studs down to wrestle

Rumor 2 : A lady I know overheard someone on a cell phone at the Red Bank Football game say The Purple Irish are bringing some kids down...

Rumor 3 : I overheard two Coaches name Ben talking and the guys in red leggings are bringing 20 wrestlers....guess that's why they are who they are !!!!

maybe you don't understand my question, who are the great wrestlers.

i have ask only cause you kkep saying great wrestlers, but then you dont tell there names.

yiou said baylor and bradly were going to be there but now there arent.

i dint understand yuor post about father ryan and those other teams, are they in cause the deadline was fri at midnite

i will ask again who are these great wrestlers

maybe you don't understand my question, who are the great wrestlers.

i have ask only cause you kkep saying great wrestlers, but then you dont tell there names.

yiou said baylor and bradly were going to be there but now there arent.

i dint understand yuor post about father ryan and those other teams, are they in cause the deadline was fri at midnite

i will ask again who are these great wrestlers

Mandingo

I understand you even with the random spelling.

I will answer you this way ;send me a email or call with your name a weight...drive down from Knoxville ...pay your money to help a good cause and you will get plenty of quality wrestlers to compete with. When you call me to give me your entry and weight Ill give you names. 423-314-7992

Read my post again it says that we will take more wrestlers past the deadline.Good luck with your season this year as well.

Its a fund raiser for a cause and we want to raise as much money as possible as well as get as many wrestlers there as we can.

ps Baylor has registered 20 wrestlers...not sure where you got they were not coming?

as I have said before here ...there are lots of state placers and qualifiers attending ...just not going to post there names.

Mandingo

I understand you even with the random spelling.

as I have said before here ...there are lots of state placers and qualifiers attending ...just not going to post there names.

am not a great speller sorry

i thought if you list the grreat ones names you might get other really good ones to come, but i guess not

Chattwrestling your 2 outstanding wrestlers attending this event ?

Rumor 1: A friend of a friend of mine told me that someone name Blair called and said that Brentwood is bringing some of there studs down to wrestle

Rumor 2 : A lady I know overheard someone on a cell phone at the Red Bank Football game say The Purple Irish are bringing some kids down...

Rumor 3 : I overheard two Coaches name Ben talking and the guys in red leggings are bringing 20 wrestlers....guess that's why they are who they are !!!!

Just one want's to come out and play, gotta try out the new wheel.

Renee Miller was a mother to 9 children, 7 of them boys. Her oldest two boys are fairly well known in the Tennessee wrestling comunity, Jackie and Jeremy Miller. Many of the younger ones are planning on wrestling as well. Renee was one of the ultimate wrestling moms. While dad worked out of state she often took the boys to tournaments and numerous practices. Prior to attending Greenback, the boys were home schooled. Renee would approach various schoool and club coaches throughout east Tennessee in order to get the boys mat time and instruction. She loved the sport and what it did for her children. Once the kids were enrolled in Greenback she became the strongest booster. Renee handled the money in our house and almost single handedly funded the Greenback wrestling program for several years, often with money we did not have. She viewed money spent on wrestling as an investment and was convinced it would pay pig dividends for her kids. I believe time will prove her correct. This year it was Renee's intention to coach the kids wrestling club at Greenback. A natural athlete Renee had a strong background in gymnastics and dance. She figured she could break down moves into small steps and teach the kids even though she never actually wrestled. If nothing else she used to joke, at least the kids will be able to do decent cartwheels and handsprings during warm ups plus she could guarantee they would have fun. Sadly Renee never got the chance to put her love of children and the sport of wrestling together and try her hand at coaching. She was murdered last March, shortly after the state wrestling tournament.

My family has been and continues to be grateful for the support shown throughout the wrestling comunity as we struggle to learn how to live without Renee. Wrestling was such a big part of our lives it was an easy decision to agree when Chig and Ben asked to use her name with their tournament this year. I am grateful to them both for wanting to remember my beautiful Renee and promote the great sport of wrestling. Some of my last and best days with Renee in this life were spent at last year's state tournament so going back to Chattanooga for this pre season tournament seems fitting.

Thanks to all who are planning on attending. The Red Bank staff is working very hard on building their program against some tough odds. They could really use the support.

My sisters maintain a website, not only to remember Renee but to give those interested in the murder case and keeping up with my family a source for information.

the address is : reneeroissiermiller.com

jamie miller

Thanks Jamie we are just trying to help one of our own and have a cool preseason tourney every year that gives the Chattanooga area a close place to get in some mat time.

Deadline for entrys and to register for weight certification will be Thursday Nov. 12th

No walk up entry's day of !!!!!!!

rbhswrestling@hotmail.com

Coach chig martin

423-314-7992[/b]