2010 Class Signings!

big_joe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelby Stinnet signs with MTSU

Stinnett, a native of Chapel Hill, Tenn., can double as a pitcher and fielder. At Forrest High, Stinnet was named to the 2008 TWSA Class A All-State team under head coach Becky Cheatham.

"Her greatest asset is her stick," said Nevar. "She was a member of the 2008 Class A State Champions at Forrest, so she has winning experience."

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/42314

Chelsea Watson - UT Chattanooga

Chelsea Watson is going into her fourth season with Rhea County High School coached by Brittany Hayes. She has played third base for the Lady Eagles and also is a member of the Tennessee Raiders travel team that is coached by Jeff Martin. The Spring City, Tenn., native helped to guide the Lady Eagles to their first district championship. Next fall, the right handed hitter will add depth to the Lady Mocs offensive attack.

"Chelsea [Watson] is a local kid that flew under the radar a little bit," said Reed. "She played for coach Jeff Martin, who is one of the premier hitting coaches in the area. Jeff really promoted Chelsea talking about her power and swing. We think that she will be a big asset especially with her bat. We will find out what she can provide defensively when she arrives in the fall."

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... =204831572

Ashley Ford - University of Memphis

Nov. 17, 2009

MEMPHIS - Dickson County utility player Ashley Ford signed her National Letter of Intent to play with the University of Memphis softball program. She is the second player to sign with Memphis for 2010-11 during the early signing period, joining St. Louis native Ashleigh King.

A senior at Dickson County High School in Dickson County, Tenn., Ford lettered four years as a starter for head coach Michael Shane Buchanan. During her career, she played catcher, first base and as the designated player. Ford is a career .320 hitter and boasts a .535 slugging percentage.

"We noticed Ashley when she came to camp a few years back," said Memphis head coach Windy Thees. "She's a hard working player, has good fundamentals, has a little bit of power in her swing and is a very good defensive catcher as well. We really liked what we saw from her as we've been able to follow her the last couple of years. We're just really excited that she's going to be a Memphis Tiger."

Named the district's Co-Defensive Player of the Year, Ford helped DCHS become the 10AAA District champions in 2009 and finish with a 30-11 record.

Ford played travel ball with the Nashville Nighthawks 18-Under Gold. With the Nighthawks, Ford held a .350 batting average, .590 slugging percentage and a .996 fielding percentage. She threw out 36 out 42 would be base stealers while on the team.

Ford is the daughter of Carroll and Tamara Ford. At DCHS, Ford is also involved with Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) and Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA).

2010-11 Memphis Softball Signing Class

Ashley Ford, Utility, Dickson County High School/Dickson County, Tenn.

University of Tennnessee, Knoxville - from Spysoftball.com

Tennessee co-head coaches Ralph and Karen Weekly and the University of Tennessee softball program have announced the signings of six student-athletes to National Letters of Intent for the 2010-11 academic school year. Signees include Melissa Davin (Clovis, Calif./Clovis East H.S./Haning’s OC Batbusters), Tory Lewis (Chattanooga, Tenn./Girls Preparatory School/Tennessee Fury), Chelsea O’Connor (Eaton, Colo./Windsor H.S./Triple Crown Stars), Ellen Renfroe (Humboldt, Tenn./Trinity Christian Academy/Illinois Southern Force & Tennessee Fury), Madison Shipman (Valencia, Calif./Valencia H.S./So Cal Choppers) and Kourtny Thomas (Warner Robins, Ga./Houston County H.S./Georgia Knockouts).

Austin Peay signs Whitney Ford

5-2, SS/OF, Clarksville, Tenn. (Rossview HS)

Career notes: Under coach Phil Burkhart, played primarily at the shortstop position, but also saw time in the outfield. As a junior, was named to the all-district and all-area team after hitting for a .384 average, with seven doubles, seven triples and two home runs. She led her team in runs scored with 33, while driving in 14 from the leadoff spot and stealing 10 bases.

As a sophomore, hit .261, with four doubles and 12 stolen bases, while her freshman year, batted .341, with three doubles and four triples. She scored 27 runs, drove in 16 and stole 17 bases.

In summer travel ball, Ford plays for coach Larry Spear and the Nashville Nighthawks, which is one of the premier summer ball softball programs in the midstate.

http://www.apsugovernors.com//ViewArtic ... =204840187

Tiffany Gooch Joins WKU Softball Team

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - Tiffany Gooch is a three year starter from Wilson Central High School in Lebanon, Tenn. As a junior starter, she led her team to the state tournament for the first time in school history. She also received the Golden Glove Award and was selected to the All-District 9AAA team.

She is the daughter of Rodney and Felicia Gooch and will major in biology at WKU. After graduation, she plans to attend physical therapy school or physician assistant school. Her father played football at the University of Tennessee at Martin and her sister played softball at the University of Memphis.

“My feelings about signing with WKU are overwhelming and exciting,” Gooch said. “It is an amazing feeling to be attending WKU as a student-athlete and to be a part of the WKU softball team. I look forward to saying that I am a WKU student-athlete.”

http://www.wkusports.com/ViewArticle.db ... =204840327