Is the Hampton & Unaka series over after this year

starman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it is somewhat regrettable for two county schools not to play in any sport, however, this is outweighed by the fact that a head coach who is trying to turn a program must have the authority to make out a schedule that HE feels is best for his team. i think that to eliminate the basketball series as a result of this would be in poor, ill-advised judgement because it is truly a competitive rivalry, which we have not had recently on the football side. and i think that is what people need to realize: good rivalry requires competition. i know that unaka and hampton have played football for years and years, but most folks don't remember when the competition was fierce. (and i am not knocking anyone here, just trying to dismantle the argument that unaka should have to keep playing hampton because of "rivalry".) but we do have rivalry on the court, and i don't think that anyone wants to see that come to an end, nor do i think that i can be justified. i hope cooler heads prevail, and i feel that they very well may because i don't think anything has been cancelled as of yet. if it has i haven't heard about it.

Guest creekeru

This is like a soap opera. I have been away too long. The spin man seems to have gotten worked up. Everyone seems to be upset. I have read the entire thread and I think it is awesome. I am glad to see hablo back on. I enjoy his post very much. And Dep. Dog has some good insight as well. What is the rap on the tdog. I have read his post and I can find nothing out of the way at all. His post are well thought out and contain valuable information. I really enjoy reading the post from hablo, dep. dog and tdog. What makes this board so good is like the one poster stated folks might not always agree with one another but that is why I read this stuff. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Unaka and Hampton play this year? Everyone brought up some good points so there is no use in getter p______ off at one another. I enjoy the coach t board and look foward when I get to read it.

[Edited by creekeru on 9-26-02 11:18A]

Sometimes when we post we need to make things clear as to what we are saying. In this post I want to make it clear the when I stated that the program has suffered because the the people that surround it I am refering to the vast number of coaches these kids have had to play for since Jr. High School. I am also referring to the announcing at the football games. Look at programs like Hampton, Cloudland, and the other schools. They have had the same coaches every year for probably the past 5 seasons. I would love to see this happen at Unaka. I feel that the right man for the job is there at this time. And I do worry about the workload that has been placed up him. As for what Krich said, he is wrong about Mr Ensor and his wife. I agree they are wonderful people and the people at Unaka are very fortunate to have them. It bothers me when the other schools make fun of the announcing. These kids are giving it their all and I would like to see a more positive serious note go out during the game. My apology goes out to anyone who I might have offended and I will always support the Rangers regardless if they are 0-10 or 10-0. I might add with the current staff we have they won't be on the bottom for long. I just hope when we get our football program back up that we can resume these county games that we have been used to seeing.

I realize they don't get paid for what they do but at the last game some things I recall was a man won a prize and he called his anme out stated well he went to Unaka with me, we can't read or write, so he probably can't read the ticket or when we fumbled the second time oh no, not again, calling the wrong players, example was two times he called out people making tackles that weren't even in the game at the time. I know this is not intentional but this has went on for many years. While some fans may find this rather funny I know several that think it downgrades our schools. I am not only proud of our athletic programs but our academic programs too. We are not the rednecks and dummies that some people like to make us out to be. I am sure that they mean to offend anyone but sometimes it goes a little too far.

Guest uhscreekside

coachtdog, so now your bashing our announcer. whats next??? i enjoy the comedy our announcer adds to the game, and find that most everyone else does too. maybe you don't remember last years homecoming game when the regular announcer was out, and we ended up with a drunk at the microphone, who got no ones name right in the game, and no ones name right during the half time ceremony. now that was embarassing. by the way coacht you haven't yet bashed the ranger band, i'm sure you can think of something, you seem to be such an authority on the rangers. and nospin was right everyone on the creek knows who you are, it is the big talk at the highschool and i am sure will be the main topic of conversation friday night. so much for remaining nameless, i could call you by name right here, but i won't. and don't put your eggs in everyone elses basket, some of us born creekers are proud to be a redneck. see you on the hill.

[Edited by uhscreekside on 9-26-02 5:47P]

[Edited by uhscreekside on 9-27-02 7:40A]

For what it's worth, I know who coachTdog really is, and I asked him his name in last night's message just being facetious. But I don't think anyone should worry about offending the Creek. Coachtdog has every right to give his heartfelt opinions about Unaka or about the Creek in general. In fact I'd hate to think that it would ever be otherwise. Hey folks, this is America, and these forums are a wonderful, living testamony of our Free Rights. I have plenty of complaints about the Creek, the football and baseball fields, the gymnasium, etc., but this particular subject (the potential loss of the Hampton Unaka basketball/baseball rivalry) demonstrates the all inclusive concerns when a small community attempts to make improvements with an extremely limited budget. For God's sake, keep commenting, coachTdog and everyone else with interests. It's a very healthy thing. Though many of us are bound to see things somewhat differently at times, I certainly believe we all have the best overall interest at heart, otherwise there'd be little to nothing to discuss.

Posted by uhscreekside:

coachtdog, so now your bashing our announcer. whats next??? i enjoy the comedy our announcer adds to the game, and find that most everyone else does too. maybe you don't remember last years homecoming game when the regular announcer was out, and we ended up with a drunk at the microphone, who got no ones name right in the game, and no ones name right during the half time ceremony. now that was embarassing. by the way coacht you haven't yet bashed the ranger band, i'm sure you can think of something, you seem to be such an authority on the rangers. and hablo was right everyone on the creek knows who you are, it is the big talk at the highschool and i am sure will be the main topic of conversation friday night. so much for remaining nameless, i could call you by name right here, but i won't. and don't put your eggs in everyone elses basket, some of us born creekers are proud to be a redneck. see you on the hill.

[Edited by uhscreekside on 9-26-02 5:47P]

creekside, i never said everyone knows who tdog is. i think that was the "no spin" guy. i have a hunch who he is, but i have to agree with krich on this one,- everyone keep posting because it's a wonderful thing. this is a great site. you keep up the good work, too, creekside. ya just gotta love this.

this is just one of those things that is going to take a little time and then people will eventually be okay. these things just take time. i think that everyone just needs to get how they feel off of their chests, stop blocking, and then the healing process can begin, and that's what we all need, right? so everyone repeat after me: my name is _________(fill in your name), and i am a coacht-a-holic. now doesn't that feel better? now can't we all just get along? nahhh.

arguing is so much more fun isn't it?

there sure is a lot of drama on this page. i love it.