Is the Hampton & Unaka series over after this year

starman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is great news, deputydog. i am very happy to say "i stand corrected." i have no qualms about doing that. normally i hate being wrong, but in this case i am glad to be wrong. lets just let this issue resolve itself over time,- i feel confident that it will. like i've said many times, there is no reason to deprive the kids of that kind of competition. there truly is a great history behind that rivalry so lets keep it alive.........as for everyone else,-keep posting because this dialogue cannot be anything but good........

Guest lilblondebballer

I really wish people could just all get along these days.... uhhhh..... well, the ones of you that are talking about unaka's field and all, I think we've tried pretty darn hard for our boys, they deserve the right to have n e body and everybody's respect. They try hard, no they may not win alot, but who cares, they have fun playing the game and that's the way it should be... FUN.... but some people take the meaning out of it these days. :D

Posted by hablogarbaje:
Posted by warningtrack:

Correction, Sportswriter. That would be Happy Valley 584 in grades 10-12. We all know about this little trick, don't we?

what are you talking about, warningtrack? you should enlighten us.

I've heard for years that Happy Valley counts their 9th graders in with their middle school numbers. Lots of places have jr. highs that are 7-9. This keeps their numbers lower so they don't move up to a higher classification. Am I really the only one who has heard this?

If the kids are at the middle school, I don't think they are counted with the high school's total enrollment numbers. I was told that some of the freshman do have classes at the high school which would count toward that number. I will say that Happy Valley Elem k-5 and Happy Valley Middle 6-9 are 2 of the largest schools for enrollment inside the county. To answer your question I's assuming grades 10-12 are counted in that number.

NOTE: Hampton's numbers has dropped over the course of the last two years. They were one over at 429. The cut off for A ball is 428. They are well below that at the present. I would love to see Hampton drop back down to A ball. The tournaments with Hampton, Unaka and Cloudland was second to none.

• 4 months later...