Lipscomb @ Giles Official Thread prediction

likearock

Now its time to bring in the HEAVY WEIGHTS

"Calling Bomb Squad and Eddie Haskell and the Gang!"

Its like saying Beetle Juice three times.

Thanks for thinking of us vandy. I am the only one that is able to make it though, because Eddie van halen is playing a heated game of paper scissors rock with jettjuice27, and bomb squad is trying to difuse the situation

Come on boys...yall can do better than that, has Lumpy Rutherford been sitting on you all year Eddie....I need 9 pages before gametime if I'm gonna be eatin free at Mrs wienners. :roflol:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did your name get bumped on the upgrade and no one elses did? Can you explain the name you just gave me? I was a little slow in picking that one up. Good point about the posting not making you a faithful though. Sorry about the whole blaming people for not being faithful, you calling me a Lipscomb faithful just kind of got me riled up a bit :roflol:

My old id password was sent to an email adress at a company where i used to have wonderful dial-up service, and did you really check with everyone else to check if they got bumped or not :wacko:

As far as Lipscomb goes...there's a lot of issues there...the whole public/private thing, the interception called off last year by a ref that was 50 yards away when it was confirmed by 2 much closer, And the Coach Mac Groupies....you know who you are, we all know he is a fine coach but the man love for him is almost at a silly level. While Giles, agruably has its best team ever and one of its best seasons ever and on the other hand DL struggled most all season, Giles gets little respect when it comes to this game.

So join me Mike...jump on board and pull for the cats WIN OR.....THAT BAD WORD.

I didn't check it's just that no one else is claiming that they had to change their names but I understand what happened to yours.

1. Lets not get started on the public/private thing please.

2. That ref might not have had the authority to call it incomplete but he was right. Go back and look at the film. The ball hit's the ground as bad as we all wish it didn't.

3. I'm pulling for the Cats this week as I do every week. Just because I make informed post's doesn't mean I don't want my team to win. I'm on your side in the big picture of things Rocky, I always have been.

Well I keep waiting for likearock to act like an intelligent man and raise some good points, as several others, on both sides have done. Instead, likearock (a name not given to him by a coach or fellow teammates, but his immediate family and friends), resorts to name calling.

Anyway, again nobody denies Giles County is a very good team, with a very good coaching staff and should play an exciting game against the Mustangs Friday night. I'll also accept the assertions that the GC team has grown in competitiveness and conditioning over the past few seasons. However, I believe most of the GC faithfull bask in the fact that they returned most of their starters from last year and the Mustangs lost a talented senior class. No more Zach Rogers, Evan Webb, Caleb Simpson, Kyle Lehning, Michael Saggio, Dallon Hudson, Harrison Daniel, and others.

Then how could this Mustang team stay on the same field with the talented GC team? Who are the 17 new starters? Are they tough, smart, physically talented? Who are the two players who run a 40 in a mere .1 slower than the talented Zach Rogers? Which positions do they play? Are there more guys who run under 4.8 on this team, than on last years talented team? What about the new QB who replaced Simpson? Could the 2009 Mustangs team be stronger (in the weight room) as a whole than in 2008? Did more than 20 players bench press over 300 lbs on this team? How does it benefit the Mustang understudies to practice, workout and compete against upperclassmen who've won a state title and competed successfully in the state playoffs?

These questions have not been asked, but should be considered when sizing up this 2009 Mustang team. Yes they run the "old school" offense and execute the offense and defensive schemes to near perfection. But who are these new Mustang players?

-snd

Agreed I missed some other great "impact" players and Mustang teams before Rogers and the 2007 and 2008 Mustangs. Anyway, there have been lots of great Mustang teams, each running the same system, but individually unique as a team. I mainly stuck to discussing the last group of seniors because the current seniors were understudies to them as sophomores and juniors.

Another dad of a former Mustang player who continues to keep up with the team said after Jonathan Shaub left he didn't think there was any way the team could replace him and keep competing at the same level. Then Matt Elrod, Zach Rogers and others followed. Nobody seems to be asking how is this team different than the team they know from 2007 and 2008?

-snd

Just a few official forcast numbers:

Earl Nall favors Giles Co. by 6.3

Ken Massey favors Giles by 10

Sonny Moore favors Giles by 6.24

So somebody tell me why they are all wrong, and Please lay off the strength of schedule...they ALL take that into consideration.

:thumb: This really is good popcorn!

That's great. We've been underdogs before, and don't expect it to change yet. Please publish the link(s) to these predictions, as I haven't been able to find them online.

-snd

This thread any so many ways is comical. Obviously I am a Lipscomb fan but do want to contribute the following. First of all Mitchell earned the win against DL last year. Yes the interference call was bad but DL had numerous chances to seal the deal and for whatever reason did not. I am as big of a mustang supporter as anyone but that is the facts. Also nothing that happened in the regular season matters. Everyone used to complain and criticize DL for playing a soft season schedule and then come playoffs domination occured. The playoffs are a new season for everyone including both teams. Also Lipscomb and Coach Mac do not fear anyone and anything. Furthermore Coach Mac coaches differently in the playoffs with his play calling and substitution. Therefore he will lay it all on the line on Friday night. The key to the game is Giles stopping Lipscomb's running game. If they can run it then the stangs will control the clock and win a close football game. If Giles stops it then it will be up to the stangs defense to make some plays. Honestly I know it is cliche but the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win the ball game and that may only be one mistake. Hats off to Giles on their building a great program and winning so many games. Also look for more overshadowed players to step up for the mustangs on Friday night. People talk alot about the stars on the mustang teams but the strength of the program is seniors who worked their tale of for three years earning their spot at greatness. Throw out records and all past games it all comes down to what the players are going to do on Friday night. Alot of pressure will be their but I believe in Coach Mac and the stangs by a field goal. Coach Mac will have a few tricks up his sleeve and wrinkles that Giles will not expect. Look for the RB screen to be a big play for the mustangs also in a critical time the mustangs will more than likely draw Giles offsides through shifting at a critical point. Believe in now mustang players and make it happen win or go home at Giles it will be a war for all to see.

Just a few official forcast numbers:

Earl Nall favors Giles Co. by 6.3

Ken Massey favors Giles by 10

Sonny Moore favors Giles by 6.24

So somebody tell me why they are all wrong, and Please lay off the strength of schedule...they ALL take that into consideration.

:popcorneater: This really is good popcorn!

That's great. We've been underdogs before, and don't expect it to change yet. Please publish the link(s) to these predictions, as I haven't been able to find them online.

-snd

Go to murphyfair.com and access the links on the middle right of the page. Or earlnall.com masseyratings.com you can play the game there and even compare teams from years past. Thats how I came up with the points differential there, Murphy only lists his final regular season poll.

Oh I'm not the stat man...that would be the famous Peter Powell. His game day notes will soon appear on the Mustangfanpage. I think most GC fans will be familiar with The Mustangfanpage.

I am just a fan of the game, HS Football, and of course Lipscomb High Football. I've had 3 former Mustangs grow up at my house and the youngest played against GC. I will be at the game with the Lipscomb Sports Network and of course eating at the Hickory House late Friday afternoon.

Love to be able to talk to my old GC fans before the game, so come by and find me. Look for the guy with the little ragged Lipscomb cap.