Rocky versus Apollo GP at AE

harley04

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rocky love Emily Rocky loves Emily :lol: ". What movie was that? hahaha.. Look ahead if you want but AE is not looking ahead, they're worried about one team and that's GP. IF GP, Elizzy, and Alowa wants to look ahead let them because AE is focus on the Highlanders only and NO one ELSE!!

Let's GO AE!

This is the 2nd match up and Rocky did pull it out in rocky II, I know AE is faster and they believe that GP and Elizabethton are but stumbling blocks on there way to the F5.But I believe the road to Alcoa could be a rocky one, (hey Elizabeth I did it :?: )

Looks like GP has some confidence going into this one... the first time around, GP posters didn't have anything to say until they were called out Friday morning before the game. This time around, GP won't need to use their rubber football, their extra long spikes, or their water hose on the sideline.

I'm a GP fan and I would love to say they will win Friday night but I just don't see it.

GP traditionally has had a lot of trouble against teams with superior speed, which is exactly what Austin East brings to the table. Granted, GP has done a lot better than most would have thought at the beginning of the season entering this region (Beat Fulton, lost to AE by 7). I truly think that the reason why the last GP/AE match up was so close was because of the field condition, which played into GP's favor.

I do not expect Friday nights score to be that close... I hope I' wrong though.

I'm a GP fan and I would love to say they will win Friday night but I just don't see it.

GP traditionally has had a lot of trouble against teams with superior speed, which is exactly what Austin East brings to the table. Granted, GP has done a lot better than most would have thought at the beginning of the season entering this region (Beat Fulton, lost to AE by 7). I truly think that the reason why the last GP/AE match up was so close was because of the field condition, which played into GP's favor.

Gosh with fans like you GP doesn't need any enemies. You've got us beat badly and we haven't even played the game yet. Last I checked GP had to play on the same sloppy field AE did during first matchup. It certainly effected GP too. It negated their long passing game and I'm not sure GP has thrown the ball down the field well since.

I'm sure its not raining in Knoxville today just Gat. If AEs field gets wet I'm sure that will be a Gat conspiracy. Paid off water dept, paid helicoptors to drop water, paid fire dept, paid neighborhood kids to drag their water hoses down to the field at night, and on and on.

Gosh with fans like you GP doesn't need any enemies. You've got us beat badly and we haven't even played the game yet. Last I checked GP had to play on the same sloppy field AE did during first matchup. It certainly effected GP too. It negated their long passing game and I'm not sure GP has thrown the ball down the field well since.

I'm sure its not raining in Knoxville today just Gat. If AEs field gets wet I'm sure that will be a Gat conspiracy. Paid off water dept, paid helicoptors to drop water, paid fire dept, paid neighborhood kids to drag their water hoses down to the field at night, and on and on.

It's raining today, but it will be clear the rest of the week. The field conditions may be damp, but nothing like what they were at GP. "Long passing Game"????

Longest completions by Tye Marshall via Prep Xtra Stats:

Oneida - 26 yards

Cosby 29 yards

Sullivan East - 20 yards

Gibbs - 36 yards

Unicoi Co - 35 yards

Union Co - 16 yards

Fulton - 22 yards

Austin-East - 4 yards

Carter - 16 yards

Pigeon Forge - 39 yards

How many of these were screen passes? GP has a good screen game, but I haven't seen a long pass game out of them.

It's raining today, but it will be clear the rest of the week. The field conditions may be damp, but nothing like what they were at GP. "Long passing Game"????

Oneida - 26 yards

Cosby 29 yards

Sullivan East - 20 yards

Gibbs - 36 yards

Unicoi Co - 35 yards

Union Co - 16 yards

Fulton - 22 yards

Austin-East - 4 yards

Carter - 16 yards

Pigeon Forge - 39 yards

How many of these were screen passes? GP has a good screen game, but I haven't seen a long pass game out of them.

I'm sorry I forgot you think of it like pro ball where if it's not over 50 yards it's a short pass. Kind of like you saying AE passing game was getting better a few weeks ago or that Fulton was much more physical because they had more rushing yds.

Oneida - 26 yards

Cosby 29 yards

Sullivan East - 20 yards

Gibbs - 36 yards

Unicoi Co - 35 yards

Union Co - 16 yards

Fulton - 22 yards

Austin-East - 4 yards

Carter - 16 yards

Pigeon Forge - 39 yards

Glad to see you can do some research. I thought all you could do was throw out outlandish conspiracy theories. I'd love to hear you thoughts on the JFK assassination sometime, but I digress.

The long in 7 out of 10 those games is over 20 yards. The NFL uses 20 yards to denote a big play, i.e., a pass or run over 20 yards would be considered a big play. Following that line of reasoning, a pass over 20 yards would be part of the long passing game, regardless of whether it was a 30 yard pass on a fade or a 2 yard pass on a screen with a 28 yard run after the catch. Are some of those plays screen plays, yes, but not all of them. Simply looking at the stats cannot tell you which play was run, which is the only way you would know if it was a "long" pass or not. So unless you have a copy of the game film from all 11 games GP has played, you would be better off discussing big plays, as that is the only thing you can actually prove.

Glad to see you can do some research. I thought all you could do was throw out outlandish conspiracy theories. I'd love to hear you thoughts on the JFK assassination sometime, but I digress.

The long in 7 out of 10 those games is over 20 yards. The NFL uses 20 yards to denote a big play, i.e., a pass or run over 20 yards would be considered a big play. Following that line of reasoning, a pass over 20 yards would be part of the long passing game, regardless of whether it was a 30 yard pass on a fade or a 2 yard pass on a screen with a 28 yard run after the catch. Are some of those plays screen plays, yes, but not all of them. Simply looking at the stats cannot tell you which play was run, which is the only way you would know if it was a "long" pass or not. So unless you have a copy of the game film from all 11 games GP has played, you would be better off discussing big plays, as that is the only thing you can actually prove.

The discussion is not about big plays. It's about a "long passing game."

GP games that I have seen (on film, on TV, or in person) include Oneida, Union Co, Fulton, Austin-East, and Happy Valley. I have not seen them complete many passes down the field. A pass play that gains 20 yards is considered a long play, but completing a screen pass (thrown behind the LOS) that gains 20 or more yards does not mean that you have a long passing game.

Teams that have a "long passing game" actually throw the ball down the field. I would define a long pass as one that was thrown in the air over 12 yards... fades, posts, corners, wheel routes. Curls, hitches, bubbles, slants, digs, flat routes are all a part of a short passing game. Did GP get completions throwing the ball down the field in the games that I have not seen?

I'm sorry I forgot you think of it like pro ball where if it's not over 50 yards it's a short pass. Kind of like you saying AE passing game was getting better a few weeks ago or that Fulton was much more physical because they had more rushing yds.

Austin-East passing game has improved. Since GP, Austin-East has thrown the ball efficiently. They haven't had to throw the ball a lot, but they have been efficient.

How do you define a "long passing game?"

Austin-East passing game has improved. Since GP, Austin-East has thrown the ball efficiently. They haven't had to throw the ball a lot, but they have been efficient.

Glad to see we are finally getting somewhere with this discussion. If you have seen the tape you say you have, you will have noticed that the levels route concept has played a key part of the passing game. Part of that route combination includes an 8 to 10 yard out route. I would consider that play to be part of a long passing game. GP has also hit the fade pattern with some success over the past few games(look at the Carter and PF games). But ultimately, all GP needs to do is hit one such long play, because that opens up all the shorter routes plus the run game.

You also might want to have the KPD add some extra security at your stadium this week. The rumor floating around town is that all the county fire departments are sending their pump trucks down their under the cover of night to water down the field again. Supposedly it's being coordinated in conjunction with the Navy Seals, Army Rangers, and a retired Green Beret.

Does it really matter? You use stats to try to prove GP doesn't have a long passing play. Then say AE throws the ball efficiently but stats (as I've quoted previously posted) say otherwise. You totally ignored cneagle, I assume because you can't refute.

BTW A curl route can be over 10 yds. And I assume the pass to #10 in the Fulton game to didn't happen? I know, I know, that's just 1 pass but you did say you hadn't seen GP (excuse me Tye Marshall) throw down the field against Fulton.