Liberty Tech vs Fairley - Round 2

ftball1956

Was impressed with the way the crusaders performed without crowder. They turned the ball over 3 times inside the 20 going to score and found a way to beat a very talented memphis team. The defense is lights out. How many top notch runningbacks do they have? Tech hard to stop minus the turnovers. If the passing game develops a little, see you in cookeville.

Was impressed with the way the crusaders performed without crowder. They turned the ball over 3 times inside the 20 going to score and found a way to beat a very talented memphis team. The defense is lights out. How many top notch runningbacks do they have? Tech hard to stop minus the turnovers. If the passing game develops a little, see you in cookeville.

Thanks footballmad. Tech has some very impressive players on both sides. Defense definitely showed out Friday night. Turnovers were very out of the ordinary for Tech in this game....just not the norm for them. No doubt that you won't see this going forward. This team has so much talent and well disciplined that they find a way to overcome whatever faces them. Hookfin has developed these young man well. No doubt crowder was missed friday but as you saw they had many other to step up in his 'shoes' and perform. Tech QB is a powerhouse and playmaker. passing game will come when needed...one thing i've learned with watching Tech - they can pull out something that leaves you going 'oh my' :popcorneater:

Anyone got info on fairley and what to expect?

GO LIBERY TECH!

what is Crowder's condition ?? with him Liberty is one team that should be favored to win the Gold ball.

Go Tech !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the Bulldogs are a talented team....they equate bus ride with a butt kicking! It happens nearly everytime they travel east of Germantown! IF the Crusaders can get on Fairley early...the Bulldogs will call it a night! Liberty Tech will win this one....they have a good enough defense to contain the speed of Fairley...WHO...is not as swift and speedy as they have been the last 3 years!

Let's get for real...Who has Liberty played? Yes, week 1 was a close game with Henry Co., but Southside, Northside and Chester Co. isn't that brutal of a schedule. YES, they are talented, but not tested at all! Just my opinion :thumb:

You tell me:

at Henry Co.

Haywood

JCM

at Fayette Ware

at Jackson North Side

Jackson South Side

at McNairy Central

Bolivar Central

at Lexington

Chester Co.

I don't think that everyone should give Liberty the gold ball yet. From what I hear, their rb is out for the year, and if Crockett beats Sheffield, I think that Crockett presents matchup problems for them. I would take the playoff experience of Pratt before I would Hookfin anyday.

if Crowder is out then Liberty has problems..QB is a big plus for them ..agree with rather be ..not a hard schedule but have put up style points and 'D;'...must admit CC must beat Sheffield solidly !!!!!..

Let's get for real...Who has Liberty played? Yes, week 1 was a close game with Henry Co., but Southside, Northside and Chester Co. isn't that brutal of a schedule. YES, they are talented, but not tested at all! Just my opinion :hungry:

You tell me:

at Henry Co.

Haywood

JCM

at Fayette Ware

at Jackson North Side

Jackson South Side

at McNairy Central

Bolivar Central

at Lexington

Chester Co.

I really don't see Crockett beating Liberty. I know both have to win this Friday night but I was'nt impressed with the Cav's this year. Could have been an off game for them in the rain. They just didn't have the team speed I anticipated and speed kills in playoffs.

Having seen Liberty Tech tonight against Fairley and once on tape--and having seen Crockett 5 times on tape and twice in person, I don't think this will be too close. Just my opinion, but I think Crockett by 14-17 points. Liberty has talent but is not a very physical team, much better on offense than on defense. The Liberty linebackers seem to be limited and I think they will get manhandled up front.

Liberty has played a very easy schedule and may have reached as high as they can go. Crockett will bring it straight to them, shorten the game, and the Crockett FB should have a big night.

I am not sold on comparitive scores, but it may be relevant that Crockett whipped Sheffield tonight and had them shut out until the subs went in, while the same Sheffield team beat Fairley 32-0, and Fairley made things interesting for Liberty in the second half.