Chattanooga baseball

nucplr

Rose should have a good year at Grace. Where did all the David Brainerd players end up?

I saw one pitcher from grace last year that threw pretty hard. looked like the ace and was pretty tall is he still there? david brainerd kids went to Ooltewah and East Hamilton

Two of the better David Brainerd players went to Notre Dame (Sheldon Brogden and Zach Swartout)

Will Jeff be helping with Notre Dame?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we change the title of this to like baseball for the blind or maybe little league classification. i mean come on we are aruging about grace and lv. who cares neither team will win state okay so can we just get along. and even if they do wow you won in single a great accomplishment. wow guys come on.......

Sorry, didn't know you couldn't talk about your teams on coacht if you were in A. Single A means the size of your school not the talent of some of the athletes that might attend. Sure there are usually not as many as there are in larger schools but that does not negate the fact that there are some top notch athletes in every class. Get over it, stay where you are and try to show some (class).

Rose should have a good year at Grace. Where did all the David Brainerd players end up?

I saw one pitcher from grace last year that threw pretty hard. looked like the ace and was pretty tall is he still there? david brainerd kids went to Ooltewah and East Hamilton

Two of the better David Brainerd players went to Notre Dame (Sheldon Brogden and Zach Swartout)

Hope both of those guys have a good season...they deserve it!

Do you thank that Grace can beat LV or Marion this year. How did they do against LV last year ?

LV 12-1 14-2 & 11-1 Both Teams should even be better this year. GO JACKETS!!!

With all that Grace went through last year we are just thankful to have a new season to start playing baseball. All the talking it up is good and fun but I'm sure we can all agree that baseball is the greatest game on earth and there is nothing like watching your team play! (Keeping it all in perspective, of course).

Don't have a dog in the hunt this year but I'd still like to see Grace beat LV. LV is a hard team to beat anytime, especially on their own field. Season before last I saw the LV coach just rip the ump behind the plate a new one for the way he was calling balls and strikes....after that Grace couldn't throw 2 strikes in a row even if their life depended on it! Now, I've seen hundreds of baseball games and have never seen anything like that without the coach not receiving some type of reprimand. Mind you, I'm all for the coach speaking out to try and help his team but he stepped way out of line and showed the ump up! We were all shocked and were thinking that he won't get another close call....I guess we forgot where we were! This and several other "home cookin" instances have I guess stuck in the players heads. I'm sure the LV coach had it all under control! LV players are coached well and work very hard, I can't say enough good about the way they play.

If Coach Dinger was hard on the Umps, they need it. The Umps the last few years have slowly got worst. Call a Ball a Ball & a Strike a Strike! Don't feel sorry if the Pitcher can't throw a strike. Most of the time "Home Cooking" is the right call. Grace will one day will beat LV in baseball and grace fans will jump for joy like a Championship game. But in the Long run LV beats Grace hands down. How many Aces do you think LV faces every year? alot! Good Luck to both teams! GO JACKETS!!!!

I know many of the umpires in Chattanooga and would have expected that experienced umpires would have been working this game due to the 2 teams involved. It is disappointing, to say the least, that if this occured as you described, that Coach Dinger didn't get warned and then dumped as he should have.

I have seen numerous Lookout Valley games over the past 10 years and have seen Coach Dinger deal with umpires only very professionally. This is somewhat surprising to me.

And as far as the umpiring getting worse, from what I've seen, the overall quality of baseball in the Chattanooga area has gotten much, much worse. If umpires are searching for strikes, maybe that's what makes the umps look worse, too. Don't get me wrong, I've yelled at umps over the years too, but if you look at last year particularly, the baseball in Chattanooga was very, very poor overall.

JMHO

If Coach Dinger was hard on the Umps, they need it. The Umps the last few years have slowly got worst. Call a Ball a Ball & a Strike a Strike! Don't feel sorry if the Pitcher can't throw a strike. Most of the time "Home Cooking" is the right call. Grace will one day will beat LV in baseball and grace fans will jump for joy like a Championship game. But in the Long run LV beats Grace hands down. How many Aces do you think LV faces every year? alot! Good Luck to both teams! GO JACKETS!!!!

I know many of the umpires in Chattanooga and would have expected that experienced umpires would have been working this game due to the 2 teams involved. It is disappointing, to say the least, that if this occured as you described, that Coach Dinger didn't get warned and then dumped as he should have.

I have seen numerous Lookout Valley games over the past 10 years and have seen Coach Dinger deal with umpires only very professionally. This is somewhat surprising to me.

And as far as the umpiring getting worse, from what I've seen, the overall quality of baseball in the Chattanooga area has gotten much, much worse. If umpires are searching for strikes, maybe that's what makes the umps look worse, too. Don't get me wrong, I've yelled at umps over the years too, but if you look at last year particularly, the baseball in Chattanooga was very, very poor overall.

Old RCR thinks this guy knows what hes talking about! :roflol:

Nobody said you could not talk about your single a teams. all i am saying is it sad to see to programs that really do not play tough schedules at all aruge about how good they are. oh and yes i could make lv's team and the 299 porch down the line you call a field. good luck to both teams as lv will win 40 games and play absoultley nobbody and not win a state title. i love pushing peoples buttons especially ones that know nothing about the game. :roflol::roflol:

Nobody said you could not talk about your single a teams. all i am saying is it sad to see to programs that really do not play tough schedules at all aruge about how good they are. oh and yes i could make lv's team and the 299 porch down the line you call a field. good luck to both teams as lv will win 40 games and play absoultley nobbody and not win a state title. i love pushing peoples buttons especially ones that know nothing about the game. :roflol::roflol:

I don't mind buttons being pushed, but you should probably get some facts before you start pushing those buttons or it just sounds like blah, blah, blah.

If memory serves me, Lookout Valley hosts a tournament with some of the top single A teams each year. To say they play nobody is somewhat uninformed to say the least.

You might want to check this out before you start running that mouth, http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=193518.

There are some pretty good teams in there. Friendship Christian, Rockwood and Lookout Valley were in Lookout Valley's tournament and these 3 teams were 3 of the 8 that went to the State the previous year. It looks like it is actually YOU that does not know anything about the game!

Nobody said you could not talk about your single a teams. all i am saying is it sad to see to programs that really do not play tough schedules at all aruge about how good they are. oh and yes i could make lv's team and the 299 porch down the line you call a field. good luck to both teams as lv will win 40 games and play absoultley nobbody and not win a state title. i love pushing peoples buttons especially ones that know nothing about the game. :thumb::x

With only 2 Post, You haven't pushed to many buttons. Tough Schedlules? Untill TSSAA! LV played Baylor, McCallie, Red Bank, Cleveland, Central & other Schools in the area. Look under TN Baseball Records web site and you will have some use full info. You might make the team, but we dont use waterboys in baseball! :D:thumb:

your right oldman i couldnt make it i am just a waterboy.... considering i played further than you your son, your dad , his grandfather and so on. and by the way lv did have a great team in 96-98. quit living your dream through your son and lv baseball. good luck to dinger hes a great guy and a good coach to bad he has parents on here running there mouths about baseball let him do the coaching and the players do the talking. and let me have a good time oldman love pulling yalls chains on here.... :thumb::thumb::D