DISTRICT 8AA!

mrfab

Overall better based on?

It should be without question, Livingston Academy's district and region yet again. Few make-overs and key positions. It's up to the players to step up and play and fill the void left by quality players lost to graduation. In my opinion, last years LA team was the best of all-time, even the runner-up teams. Hard to overall beat that, but I know Melton and the crew has never let anything stop them. Interesting year coming up for Livingston Academy.

Side note. What happens to Mason Ramsey when opposing men his size lock him up? Can he play through it? He won't just go unnoticed all year, so I want to see how the young man reacts when the heat is on. Hope it's positive. Good luck to Melton and the Cats.

Mason Ramsey is the 'real deal'. This young man is as good 'all round' at this stage of his career as I've seen play the game. His attitude and disposition are a great fit with the physical tools he has. I'm sure there'll be times during this season when he'll have a 'bad' game, but by post season, opposing teams will see just how good he can be. Putting that aside. This would be one heck of a team even if they were not fortunate to have a player the caliber of him. He only makes them better. GO HOGEYE !

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good but tough day for LA in Jackson. Two lopsided games but one was a loss. LA played a sloppy first half against Lexington but got it together in the second. Melrose is absolutely in a class all their own. I've not checked it but heard they are ranked 17 in the country? I guess that game is an 'oh well'.

LA needs to get some guys healthy. I will say that even though they have started 2-1 its been a bit of a rough start. Point guard Huitt is sick and didn't play either game. Brad Jackson sprained an ankle in practice Friday and sprained the other at the start of the Lexington game and didn't play against Melrose. Kailen Melton sprained an ankle against Lexington and didn't dress against Melrose. (Not that LA would have beaten Melrose).

LA started two freshmen against Melrose, McCoin and Ramsey. What a way to start their high school careers, huh? It'll be nice when LA gets everyone healthy and gets to practice and play some games with a full roster. Lots of guys stepping up and making up for the absence of others should help later in the season for this young team.

Go LA!

predictions?

best players?

thoughts?

questions?

Predictions: LA goes undefeated in the district...Again!

Best Players: Senior=TJ Smith "Livingston Academy" (yet to see is A game though)

Freshmen= Mason Ramsey "Livingston Academy" (will be best player in district by tourney time)

Thoughts: 2nd & 3rd place race will be interesting

Questions: Is LA really going to be a better overall team than last year?

NO

Good but tough day for LA in Jackson. Two lopsided games but one was a loss. LA played a sloppy first half against Lexington but got it together in the second. Melrose is absolutely in a class all their own. I've not checked it but heard they are ranked 17 in the country? I guess that game is an 'oh well'.

LA needs to get some guys healthy. I will say that even though they have started 2-1 its been a bit of a rough start. Point guard Huitt is sick and didn't play either game. Brad Jackson sprained an ankle in practice Friday and sprained the other at the start of the Lexington game and didn't play against Melrose. Kailen Melton sprained an ankle against Lexington and didn't dress against Melrose. (Not that LA would have beaten Melrose).

LA started two freshmen against Melrose, McCoin and Ramsey. What a way to start their high school careers, huh? It'll be nice when LA gets everyone healthy and gets to practice and play some games with a full roster. Lots of guys stepping up and making up for the absence of others should help later in the season for this young team.

Go LA!

I got to watch LA yesterday in the Melrose game. Melrose is definately a very good team. White Station and Melrose are both AAA and it'll be a shame for either team to not win a state championship with the talent they have. The AAA state champion will be either White Station or Melrose for sure. Adonis Thomas, #1, is only a Junior this year and is one of the best players in the country as he is ranked #11 in the 2011 recruiting class. Also, the PG, Chris Jones, is a Junior this year as well and ranked #36 according to rivals in the 2011 class. This team is loaded with talent and athletes and all 5 starters will sign D1 scholarships.

I got to watch LA yesterday in the Melrose game. Melrose is definately a very good team. White Station and Melrose are both AAA and it'll be a shame for either team to not win a state championship with the talent they have. The AAA state champion will be either White Station or Melrose for sure. Adonis Thomas, #1, is only a Junior this year and is one of the best players in the country as he is ranked #11 in the 2011 recruiting class. Also, the PG, Chris Jones, is a Junior this year as well and ranked #36 according to rivals in the 2011 class. This team is loaded with talent and athletes and all 5 starters will sign D1 scholarships.

Nice post about Melrose. Probably all true. Just not sure it belongs on this this thread. :flower:

Go LA!

The depleted LA you saw yesterday against Melrose isn't the same LA you will see by mid and post season.

The depleted LA you saw yesterday against Melrose isn't the same LA you will see by mid and post season.

Oh I know. You could tell that LA is well coached. When LA was open for a 3, they'd bust it. Even a couple of times they nailed the 3 ball with someone on them. Logan Ramsey missed a few under the basket, but I believe that was from the constant pressure of the Melrose defense. Melrose will definately be the best team that LA will see all year. I remember watching some of those boys play in the jr. high state tournaments back a few years ago. Mason is going to have a great year at LA over the next 4 years! His play yesterday was pretty impressive considering who they were playing. He didn't let the bigger guys from Melrose push him around either.

Is this a LA thread or 8AA topic? If all we're gonna do is talk about Livingston (who deserves the talk) then we'll invite King21 in to continue filling up their water bottles and washing thier laundry.

Can we please hava a status report so far on who everyone else has played?

Cannnon beat Bledsoe County 73-50 something, and lost to Tullahoma by around 14 76-52. Those #'s aren't correct, but they should be close. The radio loses signal early in this small town!

Is this a LA thread or 8AA topic? If all we're gonna do is talk about Livingston (who deserves the talk) then we'll invite King21 in to continue filling up their water bottles and washing thier laundry.

Can we please hava a status report so far on who everyone else has played?

Cannnon beat Bledsoe County 73-50 something, and lost to Tullahoma by around 14 76-52. Those #'s aren't correct, but they should be close. The radio loses signal early in this small town!

It's 8AA. We've heard a little from Cannon and LA...what about the other district teams?