Eiffel Tower Shootout - Prep Showcase

triplethreat_00

Here is my breakdown of the games which tennessee beat the out of state teams 3-2.

Jcm vs mcCluer (mo) wasn't close. Jcm looked tired but even if they weren't I don't think they would have hung with them. Mcluer's point guard shaquille boga (who is only a junior) might have been the best player there. He was completely unstoppable.

Raleigh-egypt vs north pulask (ark).

Raleigh-egypt should have won by 30. I thought they were clearly the better team but they kept lettin north pulaski to claw back in it. Diere mcElroy and ronald brown for raleigh egypt were impressive.

Jackson northside vs scotts county central (mo)

Northside was dominated completely. The only player that impressed me was prather. Scott county had a good overall team. Otto porter had 31 points 20 rebounds and 8 steals.

Henry county vs paducah tilghman

Henry county should have blown them out. But you could tell they were tired. Both teams played team ball and nobody had real big games.

Howard (chatt) vs john marshall metro (chicago)

Both teams were extremely cocky. John marshall got out to a huge lead but howard clawed there way back in it to win the game. Vincent garrent from john marshall could be a D1 prospect if he could shape up his game a little.

Casey Prather looked uninterested and played with as much passion as a dead fish. Only a blind man could miss his size and athleticism, but his ball handling is suspect. I can see why Calipari at Kentucky cooled on him going to UK because in his DDM offense if you can't handle the ball he can't hide you. I talked with two scouts at the game one of them having seen him at an elite camp this summer and he agreed with my assessment, but said that he looked better when playing better players. So maybe we can mark up Saturday's performance as him not stepping up because of his perceived lower talent level of Scott Co. Otto Porter on the other hand I think realized who he was playing and never backed down. At 6'8" he ran the floor well, rebounded, and had a nice mid range game. He definitely needs to work out and visit the lunchroom a little more often but I thought he was the best player in that game.

The PG from McCluer Boga was a smooth player and I would have loved to see McCluer play Scott County's guards #14,15, and 11. All in all it definitely was worth the price of admission and hope that it did well enough to have it again. Recommend Dyer County next year and hear there is a top five in the nation freshman at Southwind. Melrose also is making noise with possibly 8 D-1 prospects on the team from what I've heard.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good to see SCC get the win, not bad for a public school with an enrollment of 101 students. Their one loss was against Dallas Lincoln (#20 in the country according to ESPN) in their first game of the year. SCC played with Lincoln for most of the game and were within 7 early in the 4th quarter before Lincoln went on a run to put the game away. They probably won't lose another game the rest of the season and claim their 14th state title.

While Porter is a junior, he won't turn 17 until after the school year so he may not be finished growing. His production was just about par with what he has been doing this year, averaging close to 30pts and 14rebs a game. In his matchup with Dallas Lincoln's LeBryan Nash and Keaton Miles (both top 25 in class of 2011) he held his own with 15pts and 15rebs despite playing in foul trouble. While he has been mostly under the radar because he did not play AAU, interest has started to pick up this year.