How will District 8 AA, and region 4 be this year

upperman20

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dekalb has got off to a slow start. Seniors bats started off slow, but are starting to pick up. Wiggins, Salley, and Kent have definantly contributed with their bats this season. They have very strong pitching, Hoke, Salley, and Puckett have been the biggest impact so far this season. I perdict Dekalb will finish 2nd in district behind Smith.

Upperman 6-4 over LA

Smith CO 10-0 over York

Dekalb 25-2 over Cannon (not exactly sure about this score correct me if wrong)

So I think standings as of right now

Upperman 6-1

Smith County 5-2

not sure about rest but think as follows correct me if you know

dekalb 4-3

la 3-4

york ?

cannon ?

Upperman 6-4 over LA

Smith CO 10-0 over York

Dekalb 25-2 over Cannon (not exactly sure about this score correct me if wrong)

So I think standings as of right now

Upperman 6-1

Smith County 5-2

not sure about rest but think as follows correct me if you know

dekalb 4-3

la 3-4

york ?

cannon ?

I know DeKalb is 4-3 and the rest of the standings look right, but the Dekalb vs. Cannon game was 25-0 I believe. These are the stats that are posted so if anyone was there correct them if they are wrong.

The DeKalb County Tigers enjoyed a 25 to 0 blowout win in five innings over the Cannon County Lions at Woodbury Monday.

Tiger pitcher Garret Hoke also had a great day on the mound, hurling a no hit shutout through five innings. He threw only 38 pitches in the game, struck out three, walked none, with one hit by a pitch. The only runner to reach base was the hit batter, who was then thrown out trying to steal second base.

DeKalb County scored four runs in the first inning, six runs in the second, seven runs in the fourth, and eight runs in the fifth inning.

Hits:

Destry Wiggins, double, single

Shane Shalley, double, RBI

Corey Atnip, 2 singles, 2 RBI

Hunter Graham, Grand Slam Home run, 2 singles, 6 RBI

Cody Puckett, single, double

Travis Neal, 2 singles, RBI

Andy Atnip, 2 doubles, 2 RBI

Quentin Cook, single, RBI

Evan Curtis, single, RBI

Stephen Howell, single

The Tigers are now 9-4 overall and 4-3 in district play.

Smith County has a very solid line-up..By starters, you have good pitching. The Johsnston brothers are back this year, and are pitching very solid. Plus you have relief from Reece and Dennis. They have pretty consistant hitting with Vance, Bush, Johnston,and Bray. Richmond has also been on a streak. They have had a couple of games where they just didn't have it together and that is the two games they have lost. They had better have their A-Game on for Upperman. I believe this is going to be a great match-up. Hopefully with an Owl Sweep!