Clinton Dragons '10

ballcoach2323

I think it is time, Clinton Fans, to move on to thinking about the future and it is a bright one. You are now at the point where you are not rebuilding, simply reloading. I look at the starters that you have coming back in Austin Powell, Camion Patrick, Dee Shannon, Corey Washington along with Ambrose at QB and the skill positions look very promising. You will be much bigger and more physical up front which will help. A good year of hitting the weights and you will be in good shape. Coaches need to hit the halls and get some of the promising kids back out. You all have the potential to make another playoff run. Now that the seniors are gone you should have bigger numbers because there will be more competition for playing time. Everyone should not be surprised when you have a few more good years because you have a good nucleus back of skill and interior players. You also have a kid that will potentially be the best to ever play at Clinton in Patrick, people will forget about Scotty Whitt by the time this kid is done. Good Luck. Keep up the winning tradition.

I don't think you can 100% replace a few of those players you had this year,but it looks like your team will still be a handful in 2010.Good luck and we look forward to a trip to Clinton.By the way,was Patrick the kid that come from Kingsport and could have been an Indian had he not moved.If so,I wish him all the best for you guys,even if he couldn't be on our side

I agree, Clinton has a lot of potential coming back next season. Replacing kids like Stone, Weston, Mitchell, Sissom, and Chapman won't be easy, but it can be done. The Cattlett years seem to have run its course, and kids are starting flood Clinton Field house wanting a chance to play. Clinton is filled with talent, and I can see a bunch of new players coming back out that didn't play last season. Patrick will be the best of the best, along with Powell, Washington, and Shannon. The O-line will be better thanks to some up coming sophomores, and a strong senior class. I feel like that coaching staff their now is as good as its been since the Gaylor years, so keep up the good work. And no Pattrick is not from DB. He played a little bit against you guys but not near as much as he did later on in the season.

I agree Patrick is going to be great. Looks like it will be another great year for Anderson County teams. It looks in the future when Oak Ridge Clinton and AC plays each other its going to be some great football to watch alot of good talented kids. Lake City and Clinton will dominate little leauge with out Oak Ridge in the VFC we need Oak Ridge back kids need to play each other all the way up to high school. :thumb:

I agree my dragons will be up an running next season.... a good young team with some solid seniors on it..... look out to all those sleeping on clinton next year..... they will be good... and lame head coach cattlett did start the terrible run for clinton..... its a proven fact.... look at the numbers... it was so bad when shattuck got to clinton, no one could have done much...... he totally trashed clintons program in the four years he was here and that there is a fact..... it was like having to start all over from scratch and shattuck and his staff finally have it back up to par.....