#2 Sullivan South (11-2) @ #1 Columbia Central (12-1)

2000southreb81

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read earlier about some1 saying bring a lawnchair and sit on the bowl in the south endzone. In my opinion i wouldn't advise it.

Okay good greif I was being a little fesicious (smart a..) Don't bring a lawn chair, You'll roll down the hill like one of those blow up balls that people pay 55 bucks a pop in Myrtle Beach to roll down a sand dune inside. C'mon my point, there is enough seating.

And one thing about the refs and AC. the crew was from Clarksville, yeah they were bad but bad for both sides. Don't let anyone try to make you believe anything different. Now that being said, AC's call that hurt them the most was the offside at the goal line and as much as I wanted the Lions to win, that was a bad call so there I said it I was standing right there. Now what ensued after the game (and what was being spewed by the short coach with the cargo shorts on in the booth during the game) was uncalled for. It's not just AC there were some Lions fans riled up also but the coaches have to provide some example and leadership and that dude was one pulse short of an anyeurism. That's the type stuff that gives the south all the stereotypes that we have to combat all the time. So now some 14 year old with a computer can ream me a new one, so I'm outta here (can't stand the reaming you have to drink all that stuff the day before).

Wait, not yet, there is a high school basketball classic (The noon Columbia Roatary Club Classic) going on Friday. Games have been moved up 3 hours to accomodate the football. My point, come early and see some of Tennessee's best high school teams both girls and boys play then go on to the game, you'll only have to park once. FWIW toodaloo!

Sullivan South Here is the low down on Columbia; Sorry Bucks all is fair in Love and War:

Columbia backs can be stopped. Anderson County did it at certain time for a loss. What they like is for you to load up the line then they sneak a pass across the field. Sullivan South defense is sound so you will not have to do that. Your coach has all the film he needs. He knows what to look for. One thing about it is there QB does have an arm; keep that in mind it may be one of the best in the state so do not let them fool you. The key to the whole game is do not give him all day. He does not run very well. If you put the least bit of rush on him then he is in trouble. Anderson County was very quick but did not stack the beef so the quarterback had all day. Like I said if he is rushed this is the difference in the game. The running back do well in the open field and braking tackles but they are not speedsters for the most part. And last but not least and after the fight Anderson County has put up you should not have to worry about the officials as they know to be good this time. 3rd time is the charm. But just be weary if they give you a good call because they will take 3 back that really count. That is the way they work.

Good Luck Sullivan South

I'm not very worried about Columbia scoring, they will put at least 30 on the board. If the defense is anything like AC, they will put 50, but I don't see that being the case this week. My worry is pass defense. Columbia needs to tighten up in the secondary and special teams. If they can do this, they will be okay. My prediction, Columbia 35 - SS 28, but I would not be shocked with a SS victory. Whatever the outcome, both teams have had an unbelievable season. Good luck to both. :roflol:

90slion, I think your are right, but not confident enough. Hopefully Baby Shaq (don't know why they named him that, but he was a kid, today Iron Mike would be more like it, could double for him all the way down to his teeth :roflolk: ) hammy was better, as it likely is this week, and if we'd caught a couple of extra balls that hit the receivers in the hands, and a few special teams blunders on the kickoff, it woulda been a 21 point spread last Friday. And there is hope, Baby Shaq's did run the ball a whole lot more against AC than Hillsboro. I don't recall him running the ball or hardly even playing against Hillsboro, as he was apparently hurt. Or maybe it was because Hillsboro was no real challenge, so why take a chance? type a thing.

I know SS is more well rounded and well coached, but they are still going to be slower any way you dice it. Get some confidence up, my friend. Now if you want to worry about Mitchell on the 4th, I'll be right there with you. They'll match our speed and have 250 -300 lb linemen 5.5 - 40's w' 36 inch verticles as well, and twice as many as we do. :thumb: And from what I hear, they are as well coached as SS.

Not sure about Mitchell's QB.

Any you Columbia fans got any clips of Baby Shaq knocking anyone out? I know the Anderson County coach has been reviewing film all week, and I guess Sullivan South has been looking at it. I would specifically like to see the clip of Baby Shaq knocking out the Giles County DB on the goal line at home coming last year. I felt the percussion all the way where I was sitting.

I'm sure the SS coaches didn't show the AC kid getting KO'd to the SS kids mommas. :roflolk: If there are any mommas of SS players on this board, they might want to keep their babies at home after watching the Giles County DB hit, or AC hit last Friday.

Please put it on youtube, if you got it. Get fired up baby.

I'm sure the SS coaches didn't show the AC kid getting KO'd to the SS kids mommas. :roflolk: If there are any mommas of SS players on this board, they might want to keep their babies at home after watching the Giles County DB hit, or AC hit last Friday.

You have no clue about The Sullivan South Rebels and especially their mothers. Do a little research. Your ignorance is glaring.

I can only hope your coaches share your attitude.

Tom, first of all, it's BobBBucks, not littlebobbybucks. I asked the Anderson County fans a good question. Why do the Anderson County HS football players not shake the hands of their opponents after the game. I asked if they are classless, racist (roughly half our team is minority), or is it customary for East Tennessee teams to not shake hands after a ballgame is completed. Around Middle Tennessee it is a show of good sportsmanship to shake hands of their opponents after a game, in all sports. It may not be customary in other places, including East TN, but I suspect that it is customary to shake hands over there. I'm not used to this behavior after a game, so I think it is a fair question. Nobody answered it.

If you want to answer it, lets take it over to the Anderson County thread, and not hijack this one. Anderson County is done. Let the fans of Sullivan South and Columbia Central have their day in the sun. They deserve it.

I'll be looking for your answer over in the Anderson County/ Columbia tread. I will not address you again here.

Well, I'll be doggone Bobby, if you're not the voice of reason then I don't know who is. We can only hope that your smack talk comes back at you in actual plays Friday night because I do have my suspicions that Sullivan South has a player or three who can knock an opposing player into next week.