Anderson County Cows Basketball 2009-10

dragonfan123

Whatever 2002....... go ahead an jumb on the cow bandwagon..... what a clinton fan....... u can tell u no alot about good bball coaches!!!!! NOT.... well ok 1, but it sure aint Lollar....haha

2002 makes some good points and based on his writing it is clear that he has higher than a 5th grade education. To bad we can't say the same for you. You must be a product of the Clinton City School System. As far as your comment about making a sub state game is concerned, I don't see the relevance. If you had to play the likes of Fulton and Austin East in the region every year you guys wouldn't have made it to a sub state game or a region final either. The bottom line is CHS has better talent than AC most years and yet they find a way to lose. I think that instead of the CHS gym being named after Coach Don Lockard they should change it to the "Mark Eldridge-Derek Wallace Gymnasium" because they flat out own you losers.

Now warrior, Don't let trash talk get you upset and make you write comments that are crazy to. Dfan is way off on some his post, so dont be like him. Yes AC used to play some very tough teams in their region, so did Clinton. Bearden, Farragut, Maryville just to name a few, and the Oak Ridge teams in the 90's were just as good as Fulton and AE. So the Clinton coaches deserve a little respect to. And coach Don Lockard is a legend, and Coach Eldridge and Coach Wallace are both great coaches, but not near at his level yet! I might be off but how has AC owned Clinton in basketball? I might have missed something so please explain! And if Coach Gilliam (great coach) would have beaten Clinton with Weston both times, than yes he might have deserved what you are saying, but he didn't so dont think that would work either.

Weston is gone so please quit saying that!!! Who knows what would have happen? But what Davy did do was beat Clinton with less talent. Clinton had thouse kids for four years this was there year....lol NOT...... :roflol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me intervene and break this down for everybody. The cows coaching staff has a whole lot to prove befor they can say they have the tradition of the Dragons. Look at the staff

1. Derek Wallace-finally out from the shadow of Eldridge doing a solid job for now

2. Nick Lollar- waiting for a golf coaching job to open

4. Travis Tummell- at central befor they were good so we know hes no good. i dont htink he even shows up to varsity games but that may be a good thing

5. Trent Mcnelley- another middle school coach and jv at that who is more worried about being called coach than actually helping kids

Wallace, you need to evaluate your staff with a little more help this could be a very solid 3a program

Whatever 2002....... go ahead an jumb on the cow bandwagon..... what a clinton fan....... u can tell u no alot about good bball coaches!!!!! NOT.... well ok 1, but it sure aint Lollar....haha

2002 makes some good points and based on his writing it is clear that he has higher than a 5th grade education. To bad we can't say the same for you. You must be a product of the Clinton City School System. As far as your comment about making a sub state game is concerned, I don't see the relevance. If you had to play the likes of Fulton and Austin East in the region every year you guys wouldn't have made it to a sub state game or a region final either. The bottom line is CHS has better talent than AC most years and yet they find a way to lose. I think that instead of the CHS gym being named after Coach Don Lockard they should change it to the "Mark Eldridge-Derek Wallace Gymnasium" because they flat out own you losers.

Now warrior, Don't let trash talk get you upset and make you write comments that are crazy to. Dfan is way off on some his post, so dont be like him. Yes AC used to play some very tough teams in their region, so did Clinton. Bearden, Farragut, Maryville just to name a few, and the Oak Ridge teams in the 90's were just as good as Fulton and AE. So the Clinton coaches deserve a little respect to. And coach Don Lockard is a legend, and Coach Eldridge and Coach Wallace are both great coaches, but not near at his level yet! I might be off but how has AC owned Clinton in basketball? I might have missed something so please explain! And if Coach Gilliam (great coach) would have beaten Clinton with Weston both times, than yes he might have deserved what you are saying, but he didn't so dont think that would work either.

Coach Eldridge has a state championship. That is more than I can say for Don Lockard.

Let me intervene and break this down for everybody. The cows coaching staff has a whole lot to prove befor they can say they have the tradition of the Dragons. Look at the staff

1. Derek Wallace-finally out from the shadow of Eldridge doing a solid job for now

4. Travis Tummell- at central befor they were good so we know hes no good. i dont htink he even shows up to varsity games but that may be a good thing

5. Trent Mcnelley- another middle school coach and jv at that who is more worried about being called coach than actually helping kids

Wallace, you need to evaluate your staff with a little more help this could be a very solid 3a program

First of all McNeeley is not a member of the AC coaching staff. He simply helps out during games. I can

assure you that he cares about the kids he coaches.

Coach Tummell does an excellent job with the freshmen at AC. He places great emphasis on playing fundamental basketball.

Lollar does a great job as both a JV coach and a Varsity assistant coach. He knows the game better than most people realize and the players respond well to his coaching.

Coach Wallace is definitely not in anyone's shadow! He has done an excellent job since taking over the AC program.

Yea he does. He was very lucky to get a Maryville team in his first year loaded with talent, hats off to him, but sorry even he would say he's not at coach Don Lockards level yet! An D fan, I don't like Anderson County anymore than you do, but what I do is show respect when respect is earned and the coaches out at Anderson County have earn my respect in both sports!

First of all McNeeley is not a member of the AC coaching staff. He simply helps out during games. I can

assure you that he cares about the kids he coaches.

Coach Tummell does an excellent job with the freshmen at AC. He places great emphasis on playing fundamental basketball.

Lollar does a great job as both a JV coach and a Varsity assistant coach. He knows the game better than most people realize and the players respond well to his coaching.

Coach Wallace is definitely not in anyone's shadow! He has done an excellent job since taking over the AC program.

Correct me if i am wrong but someone who helps out during games is a coach isnt it. Ultimate Warrior= Ultimate cluelessness

I've seen this staff evolve from the days of Coach Eldridge. They have been very competitive for years with less talent than say Clinton or Oak Ridge. You can hardly fault the coaching staff for losses against teams with more talent. They have consistently put their team in a position to win games. Over the past 3-4 years they have had the talent to make a run to the state but have ended up matched with very talented Fulton or AE teams. Clinton has had some great talent in the past 10 years but I don't remember them coming home with a Gold Ball???

The bottom line is that talent makes excellent coaches.

By the way Round Mound....what happened to number 3 on your list? Great Clinton education? At Catholic we try to teach the pre-schoolers to count to 10. :lol:

The past 10 years. Wouldn't go that far. Lockard hasn't had much at Clinton since Johnathon Dye and Jordan Dixon were there. 97-00 were very good years for Clinton making it to two sub-states and 1 state tournament. since 00 there have only been about 4 teams, 02,04,05,06 I would say had a lot of talent on them. So lockard has done a great job if you ask me.

I am glad everyone here failed to mention coach cupples. hes a divison one player and is one of the best assist. coaches in east tn. He really focuses on defense and does an awesome job. And did i mention hes already won a state championship as a coach? :lol: Wallace chooses his staff wisely and also does an extremely great job. He's tough on the kids when he needs to be and treats them as young men, not pawns in his own game to win.