Darren Bowling..UCHS Head Coach...

Darren Bowling is in his 2nd year as head coach of the Union City Golden Tornadoes....I was thinking last night while I was listening to the broadcast of the UC-WC game, what other UC coach has started their career with a better record??...Bowling led his 1st team into the second round last year and ended the season at 10-2...This year he will lead the Tornadoes into the State Championship game with an 11-2 record....Two years and a 21-4 record....Hall of Fame coach Randy Barnes is the winningest coach in school history but he started out 17-5...I know, I played on those two teams...T.F Wallace was the next in wins but I have no idea how he started out....

Congrats to Darren Bowling...He is a real class act...He coached my oldest son all four of his years in high school while at Obion County Central...He does things the right way and his kids will run through a wall for him and they continue to feel that way long after they have graduated...

He has really turned this program around and speaking for myself as a former player at UCHS, I really appreciate the work you have done in a very short time... :thumb:

Darren Bowling is in his 2nd year as head coach of the Union City Golden Tornadoes....I was thinking last night while I was listening to the broadcast of the UC-WC game, what other UC coach has started their career with a better record??...Bowling led his 1st team into the second round last year and ended the season at 10-2...This year he will lead the Tornadoes into the State Championship game with an 11-2 record....Two years and a 21-4 record....Hall of Fame coach Randy Barnes is the winningest coach in school history but he started out 17-5...I know, I played on those two teams...T.F Wallace was the next in wins but I have no idea how he started out....

Congrats to Darren Bowling...He is a real class act...He coached my oldest son all four of his years in high school while at Obion County Central...He does things the right way and his kids will run through a wall for him and they continue to feel that way long after they have graduated...

He has really turned this program around and speaking for myself as a former player at UCHS, I really appreciate the work you have done in a very short time... :bored:

Great Post! Coach Bowling is a great coach and an even better person. I enjoyed every moment that I played for him. He epitomizes the concept of a player's coach and tries to make the game fun on all levels. I have enjoyed watching the UC team grow under his leadership. No disrespect to the previous coach as he gave a great service to UC, but I believe Coach Bowling was the right coach to lead the UC Tornadoes into the promising future of the program. Anyways, congratulations to Coach Bowling and good luck on Friday.