9A This Week and This Year.

FlatCreekJim

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you this is a loaded district this year however I will give my pics.

1. Moore County - Van, Brown, Garland, Howell, Raby- Enough said! However I think they split the regular season contests with Forrest

2. Forrest- Hawn is great but if you stop her can they still beat you? Can you really stop Hawn? I do not know either but these two are the best in the district

3. Community- They are very young but this team plays as team with great attitudes and they are well coached. I say they are the suprise team in the district after losing so many Seniors last year.

4. M.T.C.S- do not know alot but I know Mullin and Martin can play but can they ever get over the hump and beat Forrest?

5. Cascade- Spencer is a ball coach and he will have his team ready to play anyone at anytime. This team could finish as high as second but right now I have them in 5th real close to 4th.

These are my pic so let the games begin

Man, No one knows or cares to comment so here I go. Remember this is worth what you pay for it! :D

Cascade (Yeah I'm a homer for them) - Senior M.K. Potts is the catalyst for the Lady Champions. She's currently leads Class A in Points with 100 and 25 PPG according to the Tennessean and another popular prep website. They also have a "monkey" on their back. They haven't made it out of the district tourney since 2005. They have finished the season in the top 4 the last 4 years but have lost in the first round of the district tourney. Community has had the honor the last 2 years. The Lady Champs have 2 to 3 freshman starting and while sometimes this might be a problem, they have shown moments of brilliance this year.

Community - The most solid group of seniors in the district. Boyce, Busbee and Vassar are all-district material and I believe a "dark Horse" for as high as #2 this year. The only problem I've seen is they are a feast or famine team. They can compete with everyone in the district but drop games they should win. If they can come together cut down their turnovers and shoot well they could finish much higher than expected this year.

Eagleville - In one word Jennilee Lenker. As she goes the Lady Eagles go. Prep websites show her leading all classifications in rebounding with 12.3 RPG and blocks averaging 4.8 a game. The problem last year was Eagleville's outside shooting was spotty at best. Their opponents would collapse in the paint and force them to beat you with their outside shooting. If the shooters were on they won or were in the game, if not they didn't fare well.

F.C. Boyd Christian - The Lady Mustangs have a hard row to hoe each year in 9A trying to compete with a small student population. I can't find anything about them anywhere in the media. I don't see them climbing out of the cellar.

Forest - Last year's District MVP Beth Hawn has already committed to UT-Martin. She's one of the best to come out of this part of the country in a while. She lost a few team mates last year but in my mind someone has to "unseat" them on the court more than once to claim they're #1. They play sound fundamentally and make few mental errors. They are use to tough games having already played CPA, Clarkrange and Franklin Co. They are one of the taller teams in the district and with more district championships than I have grey hairs until they are beat during the year and in the tourney I have problems picking anyone over them.

Huntland - After 4 years in District 11A the Lady Hornets and Moore County have rejoined old rivals in District 9A. This could be a blessing and a curse for them. They have moved into a much tougher district than they were in. Last year they finished 6-6 in 11A They will be fortunate to equal that this year.

Moore County - Ahhh, the "Wild Card". Last year they defeated Cascade and Huntland home and away and Eagleville on the road, they've bested Eagleville again on the road this week. So here is the question that will be answered in a few short months. Can they move from 11A a solid #2 team and duplicate that feat or even win 9A? I believe they will find the going much tougher here. (Opps, my district bias is showing :D ). I think their game on Dec 4th Friday night @ MTCS will give us a clue as to their fate. Anyway 9A will be different this year because the Lady Raiders are good. The question is "how good"?

MTCS - This is a team that has the tools and resources for greatness. Being the premier private school in Murfreesboro they should be at the top of any sport in a any single "A" district. Seniors Kate Mullins and Alex Martin lead for the Lady Cougars. They are capable of beating everybody in the district, the question is can they?

So here's my predictions going into the district tourney:

1)Forest (11-3)

1)Moore Co (11-3)

3)Cascade (10-4)

4)Community (9-5)

5)MTCS (7-7)

6)Eagleville (6-8)

7)Huntland (2-12)

8)F.C. Boyd (0-14)

BTW: Whoever wins the district will not be 14-0!

I expect the District Champ to have at least 2 or 3 loses

and #2-#5 may have as many as 4 to 7 (Yeah 7-7!).

Can you say "tie breaking" with a coin toss? LOL

Well as much as I LOVE my Lady Rockets, I think they will be challenged more this year than in the last few years. I still believe they will prevail and win the District HOWEVER it will not be easy. MTCS, Moore, Cascade will be right there doing everything in their power to stop the Lady Rockets. I have not seen Community play yet this year, and even though I have heard they are good, their opponents have not been as strong...... although they played Cornersville pretty tight. Soooo, my prediction will be as follows:

Forrest

Moore

MTCS

Cascade

Unionville

Eagleville

Huntland

FC Boyd

Now I will say that IF Forrest plays every game like they played against Clarkrange.....the intensity, the "refuse to lose", the defense to die for, Beth performing like a Miss Basketball.......they will be there at the end ( I mean the real end ). I did not see that against CPA....but that was a tournament. Forrest is GOOD...but as has been mentioned there are 3 or 4 teams in this District this year that are competitors! Eagleville at Forrest......and the season begins!!!!! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stats are not complete on Tennesseean for 9A. Forrest had a game on Wednesday night prior to Thanksgiving that is not listed. Forrest plays Eagleville at home tomorrow night, should be a good one!

I know bball. All I can do is push the buttons and see the results. When I was researching this district that what the stats said. I just had to go with what was up. I imagine the stats will change weekly as the season continues... :thumb:

This week's schedule:

Monday:

Forest @ Cannon County

Tuesday:

Forest @ Boyd Christian

Cascade @ Moore County

MTCS @ Huntland

Community @ Eagleville

Thursday:

Coffee County @ Cascade

Friendship Christian @ Eagleville

Friday:

Forest @ Moore County

Cascade @ Boyd Christian

Huntland @ Community

Eagleville @ MTCS

Saturday:

Monterey @ Boyd Christian

Any thoughts? :hungry:

This week's schedule:

Monday:

Forest @ Cannon County

Tuesday:

Forest @ Boyd Christian

Cascade @ Moore County

MTCS @ Huntland

Community @ Eagleville

Thursday:

Coffee County @ Cascade

Friendship Christian @ Eagleville

Friday:

Forest @ Moore County

Cascade @ Boyd Christian

Huntland @ Community

Eagleville @ MTCS

Saturday:

Any thoughts? :thumb:

Monday:

Forest fell @ Cannon County

Tuesday:

Forest over Boyd Christian

Cascade falls @ Moore County

MTCS triumphs @ Huntland

Community stumbles @ Eagleville

Thursday:

Coffee County bows @ Cascade

Friendship Christian wins @ Eagleville

Friday:

Forest wins @ Moore County

Cascade rolls @ Boyd Christian

Huntland falls to Community

Eagleville loses @ MTCS

Saturday:

Current Standings as of: 12/12/09

Forest 3-0

Moore County 3-1

Cascade 2-1

Community 2-1

MTCS 2-1

Eagleville 1-3

Huntland 0-3

Boyd Christian 0-3

Questions, cares and concerns? :wacko:

Monday:

Forest fell @ Cannon County

Tuesday:

Forest over Boyd Christian

Cascade falls @ Moore County

MTCS triumphs @ Huntland

Community stumbles @ Eagleville

Thursday:

Coffee County falls @ Cascade

Friendship Christian rallies @ Eagleville

Friday:

Forest @ Moore County

Cascade @ Boyd Christian

Huntland @ Community

Eagleville @ MTCS

Saturday:

I see Forest, Cascade, Community & MTCS coming out on top.... any other predictions?