Riverside's Brandon Tubbs scores 1,000th point

jvaughan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hunter Hays has 1,006. If he had been on better teams he probably would have had more. Didn't have much help most nights. Not sure exactly where he ranks though. There is a 1,000 point club plaque in the trophy case. I'll take a peak tomorrow and report back.

Riverside played Middleton and got beat by 10 pts I think. Wanna say it was 56-46 can't rememeber exactly. Made Middleton play a real slow pace game. Held the ball for long periods of time and cut it to 5 or 6 late in the forth.

Hayes is a great player and Scottshill is a great team. Saying he has not been on a very good team is not very accurate..I would say being on such a well rounded team meant he did not have to score alot of the points for them to win. Congrats to both boys on a great job.. :thumb:

Hayes is a great player and Scottshill is a great team. Saying he has not been on a very good team is not very accurate..I would say being on such a well rounded team meant he did not have to score alot of the points for them to win. Congrats to both boys on a great job.. :thumb:

Wrong Hunter Hays. I am talking about Hunter Hays from Riverside. Graduated in 06 or 07 I think.

I know this thread has digressed a bit from the original theme- I have a few thoughts:

* Congrats again to Brandon Tubbs

* Hunter Hays (Scotts Hill) scored 27 Tuesday night against TCA, a game in which Landon Hehe was sitting out

* As per my last note- it seems to me that many student athletes who COULD be prolific scorers sometimes don't put up as many points due to the teams they're on. Generally speaking, it seems to make sense that good players on good, well-balanced teams won't always be huge high scorers

* Lastly, but definitely not least- our thoughts & prayers need to go out to Hunter Hays (Riverside), whom I know is suffering from some life-threatening health issues. God bless him & his family