Class AAA Region 2 District 3

classof2002

I have heard many different opinions about this district, but I'm wanting to hear more. This district features Karns, Powell, Anderson County, Oak Ridge, Hardin Valley, Cambell County, Central, and Clinton. Who is the favorite to win. Who are the best players from these schools. I have heard it is pretty even from top to bottom, and I have also heard Oak Ridge is a little down? Information is needed so please share!

Central - looks the best on paper. They are playing some very challenging games to begin the season, so we will have to see how goo they actually are in district play. Top 2 in District.

Clinton - might be the best team in the district when all is said and done. They have tons of athleticism, 2 tough guards, and now they have a big man underneath that likes to bang and do the small things. Overall: Top 2 in District.

Oak Ridge - Extremely young, and they have a new coach that seems to have a grasp of where these youngsters are heading. The will lose many early, but no one will want to draw this team in the district tourney because they should be the most improved team by far.

Powell - A potential lethal big man if he is actually used this year. Who really knows how they will fair, from my understanding they do not participate in a lot of off season practices or camps. If that is true they will start behind the 8 ball but come Tourney time who knows. Overall: Top 4 in District.

Anderson County - Seems to be putting W's up, but how will they truly fair against the big boys I have no clue. The Smith kid that transfered seems to be one of the best players in the district, so we will have to see how far that will take the Mavs. Overall: Top 4 in District.

Halls - Again no one knows much about them yet. They should be scrappy as usual. We see how having a coach that coaches both boys and girls does for them. I have heard that their girls team is pretty solid so his time might be more spent with them.

Campbell County - Seems to be playing about 10 players with a good mix of young and old. The coach has been known to unorthodox at times, but that might not be a bad thing in this district. Overall: Could be pushing the Mavs or Panthers out of that 4th spot. We will wait and see.

Hardin Valley - I know very little about them. I assume they will be a lot like Oak Ridge in the way they are young and will be improving though out the year. I don't see them in the top 4 by they might just surprise some people. We will find out more when they play Anderson Co this Friday.

Karns - I put them last on the list because it will probably be the same ol' story. They will win some games they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't. Until they break the normal mold of Karns athletics I refuse to put them as a force in any sport or district. Overall: I hope they prove me wrong and have a great year, but might be fighting for one of the last spots in the district.

This post was made strictly by what I have seen and heard in spring, summer, fall, and so far this season. Would love to hear others thoughts on this district.

On another note this district could potentially be swept by District 4 in the region tourney, but that is many moons away.

Thanks for the information on your post. I saw Clinton vs Cambell County last night. Your right about Clinton, extremly athletic with Stone and C.J and Bradley at the Guard spots. Big kids played big and Patrick gave them solid minutes off the bench. Cambell County should be a lot better but the system they run is crazy. They shoot so many 3's and take some many quick shots. And the 10 man rotation in my view is little off base to. Anderson County got a big road win last night as well over Oak Ridge. Looking foward to watching the Knoxville schools later on in the year. I have heard about Central and Powell, don't know a whole lot about Karns.

I have seen 3 teams from District 4 play: Maryville (without football players), William Blount, and Farragut. I haven't seen Bearden play but I can bet they are strong as usual. Farragut killed Clinton but if they were to play again later on down the line, it would be a much better game. William Blount was a little down but not a bad basektball team. Maryville will be solid as usual, but I feel like the district 3 teams can play with them as well. It's a long season and can't wait to watch it play out.

1. Central

2. Clinton

3. AC

4-7 Powell, Karns, Campbell Co, Oak Ridge (no specific order)

8. Halls

9. Hardin Valley

Clinton has really impressed me with their play so far. If they continue to keep CJ from getting too many shots then they will beat about anyone. Darian is a stud athlete as we always expect. I also agree with the inside play of Clinton. Much improved from last year.

Campbell County is running a crazy system, I heard that they are trying to get a shot off in 6 seconds or less, that is insane. Thats dribble and shoot, or dribble with 1 pass and shoot.

1. Central

2. Clinton

3. AC

8. Halls

9. Hardin Valley

Clinton has really impressed me with their play so far. If they continue to keep CJ from getting too many shots then they will beat about anyone. Darian is a stud athlete as we always expect. I also agree with the inside play of Clinton. Much improved from last year.

Campbell County is running a crazy system, I heard that they are trying to get a shot off in 6 seconds or less, that is insane. Thats dribble and shoot, or dribble with 1 pass and shoot.

Great observation dyron thanks for explaining the 6 second shot clock to us i dont know if we could figure that out for ourselves. Maybe you could tell us how the clinton kids looked in the rocky top league.

Actually if you could comprehend what I was saying. Six seconds gives you 2 options on a basketball court when running the full length of the floor. Keep up those intelligent responses and you will soon be up to three post. It only took you 6 months to come up with 2 posts, maybe you can get the next one in less than 3. :roflol:

1. Central

2. Clinton

3. AC

8. Halls

9. Hardin Valley

Great observation dyron thanks for explaining the 6 second shot clock to us i dont know if we could figure that out for ourselves. Maybe you could tell us how the clinton kids looked in the rocky top league.

Only 2 Clinton kids played in the league because football players aren't allowed to play. CJ Alred and Eric Meadows both played. Meadows was nowhere near ready to play that level of competition. It would be tough for any sophomore to match up with some of those athletes. CJ was one of the best players in the entire league. He really elevated his college stock. He showed that he can do more than just shoot.

Actually if you could comprehend what I was saying. Six seconds gives you 2 options on a basketball court when running the full length of the floor. Keep up those intelligent responses and you will soon be up to three post. It only took you 6 months to come up with 2 posts, maybe you can get the next one in less than 3. :thumb:

WOW im sorry i have better things to do than worry about how many posts i have on a boys basketball board. the comment i made was just in admiration of extensive basketball knowledge. i'm sure glad i have a role model like you to look up to becase one day i aspire to have as many posts as you then maybe i will be all knowing like yourself

I believe every district team has played at least 2 district games this season, some maybe 3. Hows Powell looking? Central really looks like a grade A basketball team. They killed Oak Ridge last night, while both Clinton and AC were in a struggle. Clinton however does look like a team that could challenge Central if there bigs keep playin solid. AC looked pretty good last night against Karns. The Smith kid can really play, and Worthington gave them some big baskets. I feel like those 3 teams will be at the top with everyone eles behind.