York Institute

SWEETWATER

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nite was the first game back for Yorks seniors. They didn't start the game because they had only one practice since football. they entered the game with 3 minotes to go in the 1st quarter with York down by 15. Then in the 3rd quarter the underclassmen came back in and the deficit went back up. At the start of the 4th quarter York was down by 14 and lost by 4. When the seniors get their basketball legs back and they knock off some rust they will be hard to beat.

York will be hard to beat once the regular starters get some playing time. Pickett also didn't play all that well last night. Pickett wasn't up 15 when the starters came in. They were up by about 9 or 11. Pickett got up by 15 later when Coach Wright substituted some of the starters out. York cut it to 2 with the starters but Pickett pulled away to 8 again and held on for the win. Unless Pickett plays up to their talent at York, they won't win at York. York has some great athletes.

York didnt compete too well last year, but i do look for a more competitive team this year. I just dont think playing pc close makes them hard to beat, LOL!! They need to earn that title, right now LA is the only team in 8AA who has earned it. And from what i have seen from Freshmen Ramsey and Mccoin, and our sophmores we will have that title for a while!!

York didnt compete too well last year, but i do look for a more competitive team this year. I just dont think playing pc close makes them hard to beat, LOL!! They need to earn that title, right now LA is the only team in 8AA who has earned it. And from what i have seen from Freshmen Ramsey and Mccoin, and our sophmores we will have that title for a while!!

What are you thinking!!! Mama always said you can get to big for your britches! La is good I did't say great! Untill later in the season I want to see. LA has not deserved anything yet nor has any other team in 8AA to early in the season. What title? Give me a full report!! :thumb:

What are you thinking!!! Mama always said you can get to big for your britches! La is good I did't say great! Untill later in the season I want to see. LA has not deserved anything yet nor has any other team in 8AA to early in the season. What title? Give me a full report!! :thumb:

Dont want to highjack the YORK thread (as I believe they will be better this season with Wright back at coach)...but the title is "DISTRICT CHAMPS". I can tell you a little as far as a report but Tuesday night will tell a better story. Come on down and bring your 6-12 signs... :thumb:

Dont want to highjack the YORK thread (as I believe they will be better this season with Wright back at coach)...but the title is "DISTRICT CHAMPS". I can tell you a little as far as a report but Tuesday night will tell a better story. Come on down and bring your 6-12 signs... :thumb:

I don't know what season you are in but but the one I am talking about started in Mid-November. Their is still a lot of BB to be played!