IMAC

SHS1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting schedules for IMAC teams this year. Back to back games home and away with district teams Monday and Tuesday nights. This means teams will face ace only once I suppose. Also appears that Varsity will play and JV will follow in most of these games which is good for travel expenses but maybe not great for students being @ the ballfield later on a school night. What do yawl :D think? Oh and for the first time in 2010 GO KEES!!!

Interesting schedules for IMAC teams this year. Back to back games home and away with district teams Monday and Tuesday nights. This means teams will face ace only once I suppose. Also appears that Varsity will play and JV will follow in most of these games which is good for travel expenses but maybe not great for students being @ the ballfield later on a school night. What do yawl :D think? Oh and for the first time in 2010 GO KEES!!!

Seymour's past district always played games back to back on Mon. / Tue. It does keep the ace off the mound for one game. No problem with that. Team play shows more than just a really good pitcher. JV was left up to the home team as when played before or after.

The way the schedule works with the JV playing after the varsity is really hard on the younger kids (mostly freshmen and sophomores). I know there were many nights getting home at 11:00 or later. I am sure this was to limit travel expenses, but I can tell you that it may not be in the best interest of the kids. It is so critical to get kids started out right in high school. Tough to do that when you have not been home and don't get home til very late.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you all out for Pres day or for weather? How many days have you missed this year for weather? It seems like anytime snow is in the forecast Seymour is not going. I know Sevier County stretches into the mountain areas but good grief Seymour is really deep south Knox. Gooo Keeees!

We had a winter break scheduled for Feb. 12 and 15. Sevier County is all one system and when its bad in the mountains, which has G-P and 5 K-8 schools (@2,000 students), it gets tough running the buses. It's nice in Seymour and 5" of snow in another part of the county. It's hard for those in Seymour to understand that until they take a trip on some of those back mountains roads. So far we have missed 9 days. Only 4 left. It might not look good for Tuesday. The Eagles and Cherokees make it or break it early this year.

The field had a sprinkler system put in back in October. It should make a real difference after this next summer. Still a few rough spots. There has been a lot of additions over the past 5-6 years: Dug outs , locker room, metal fence, bull pen, warning track, sound system and a few other small things.