Shout Out to Sequoyah

GovMan

William Blount opened their home basketball season on Tuesday night by hosting the Chiefs of Sequoyah High School. Just wanted to say that I was impressed with the Chiefs program.

In the boys game, after digging themselves quite a hole against WB, the Chiefs fought back hard the second half and did a great job of getting back into the game and making it interesting towards the end. All of the Sequoyah kids played hard ... was especially impressed with #12 and #4.

After the game I had the opportunity to talk to several of the Sequoyah players as they were leaving the gym and they were very polite, very well-spoken and represented their team and their school very well.

The Chiefs supporters also traveled well ... filling up their whole cheering section with fans--including a very high energy student section. And I love to watch Coach Hull's antics on the sideline. He has a lot of fun.

The Chiefs are a good basketball team who I expect will have a great season. Great senior leadership, greath athleticism, & hard workers. Won't look forward to having to play them again!!!

Great win for WB as they honored one of their all-time greats, the late Stan Ballard, by retiring his jersey before the game. His son Micah led the Govs with 29. Nice tribute to his dad!!!