Who Will Win the 10A District?

Basketballfan10

Well Mcewen beat East Robertson by 16 tonight i think. I was there & watched, McEwen didnt play there best, there shooting was off, but even though they didnt play there best they won. So by looking by the games that have been played this year i would say it definitely comes down to McEwen and Houston County, without a doubt. But no offense to White House, i just havent seen them play yet. McEwen has very good players, hardworking ones, great defense, and if there on, you will have trouble stopping them. There point is been playing very well this year. Great Ball Handler. Houston has there point too, which from what i have heard seems to be a good point too, so we will have to wait & find out who will win that game, which is Tuesday. Good Luck to all teams.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Houston County is a bit over-rated this year. I do not think that it will be a close game between them and McEwen, and I look for Heritage or East or maybe even Clarksville Academy to beat them this year. I think that McEwen is definitly the front runner in a pretty weak district. My predictions for the week are McEwen over Houston County by 12 and Heritage over Merrol Hyde by 15. I dont know who else in the district is playing Tuesday.

I think tonight will decide if McEwen is gonna have an easy road to being 10A district champs again. I think that Heritage gave them the closest games last year, but still couldn't find a way to beat them. Heritage has been really improving every game, but they will need play their best tonight to even keep it close. I would like to see a win tonight for the Lady Patriots, but I am thinking that McEwen is gonna come out on top. Anything is possible though. I guess before tonight's games the standings would be

1. McEwen

2. Wh-Heritage

3. Houston County

4. East Robertson

5. Nashville Christian

6. Merrol Hyde

7. Jo Byrns

A loss tonight for Heritage would mean a tie with Houston County. Still ALOT of basketball left to play with a majority of the teams in this district being pretty equal. So time will tell. Good luck tonight Heritage!!

Here is a list of the games tonight: My thoughts

Nashville Christian 55 @ Jo Byrns 15

McEwen 50 @ White House Her 27... could be worse

East Robertson 39 @ Clarksville Academy 30

Merrol Hyde 27 @ Houston County 52

Could be worse...ouch. 50 to 27...thats 23 points, really. I dunno.

Here is what I think, if WHH has 3 girls that puts up double digits in the scoring column they will win. Simple right. just 3. Then they must play Defense. Get a few stop on the Hobson girl. Get in passing lanes get some steals and slow the McEwen scoring machine down.

This game is big. Good luck Lady Patriots.

Oh good grief!! The McEwen v. Heritage game was a hard game to watch. Heritage played them a tight first half, with us going into the lockeroom only down by 7. The second half Heritage decided not to shoot, catch the ball, play defense, get back on defense, box out or care. Don't know what happened, but they just didn't do what they needed to do in the 2nd half. The hardest thing to watch was that it just seemed like they were playing with no heart. The Coach cleared the bench early in the fourth. I think he was equally as tired of watching it. The girls need to take the upcoming break to re-focus and get back on track. They need to put this game behind them. Should be interesting to see what happens between Heritage, Houston Co and East.