Gordonsville 2010

croz6110

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Gville underachieved quite a bit last year, so I'm anxious to see if that changes this year.

i agree with that.also everyone may not have been on the same page,not playing together as a team you might say. those boys have all the talent in the world,under the right direction they could be scary good.back in 81,82,83,84 they preached unity to us,play as one team.i hear lots of stuff about streaks.i too went 3&1 against carthage,2&0 against hartsville,3&0 against friendship.i mention these other teams in here also not to poke at them but to only to help our boys realize what gordonsville tiger football was built upon.but i do think the bleeding stops this season.

i agree with that.also everyone may not have been on the same page,not playing together as a team you might say. those boys have all the talent in the world,under the right direction they could be scary good.back in 81,82,83,84 they preached unity to us,play as one team.i hear lots of stuff about streaks.i too went 3&1 against carthage,2&0 against hartsville,3&0 against friendship.i mention these other teams in here also not to poke at them but to only to help our boys realize what gordonsville tiger football was built upon.but i do think the bleeding stops this season.

Good post pasttiger. :thumb:

Sorry about that its been awhile... Croz wasn't over reacting, wasn't pointing in your direction man, you know how I feel about GORDONSVILLE FOOTBALL... look at us when played, we were picked to possibly finish last in our region... what did we do played Trousdale for a region title, played with them the first half but I think we pissed them off going into halftime cause they come out on a mission after that... Trousdale could've beat any team in any classification that year

Nicely said PastTiger... only thing is about last years season, not putting the seniors down, but some of them not all of them... we were better off when they were on the sideline, in my opinion they cared about themselves only not the team... so underachieved I don't think so cause they didn't play as a Team every game, the MTCS in the second half, that was a Team effort... like you said when Gordonsville football has been successful the most is when they come together and play as a TEAM.... sometimes we haven't had the talent like normally but they played as Team and made some noise and upset some teams that they weren't suppose to beat... one of the best team performances in the last few years was 06 at South Pitt, eveyone told them we couldn't win but look at what they, like some South Pitt posters said we beat them down that night and then we come up 20 seconds short the next week from doing it to Friendship... we were suppose to be overmatched according to alot of people but our team thought other wise.... This years team has the talent no doubt about it and has learned alot from the past two seasons... this team has senior leaders and a certain coach that can get these kids to play as one cause he has that "IT" factor about him as a coach... with that said GORDONSVILLE TIGERS come together as a team and show everyone what GORDONSVILLE is about... week in week out, SHUT UP AND HIT SOMEBODY... you represent a town built on tradition and unity, cause on Friday nights, whether your on the road or in "The Jungle" that town comes together for you, the GORDONSVILLE TIGERS.... let's GO BIG BLUE

Sorry about that its been awhile... Croz wasn't over reacting, wasn't pointing in your direction man, you know how I feel about GORDONSVILLE FOOTBALL... look at us when played, we were picked to possibly finish last in our region... what did we do played Trousdale for a region title, played with them the first half but I think we pissed them off going into halftime cause they come out on a mission after that... Trousdale could've beat any team in any classification that year

croz is blue and white all the way. i got his back on here .

Nicely said PastTiger... only thing is about last years season, not putting the seniors down, but some of them not all of them... we were better off when they were on the sideline, in my opinion they cared about themselves only not the team... so underachieved I don't think so cause they didn't play as a Team every game, the MTCS in the second half, that was a Team effort... like you said when Gordonsville football has been successful the most is when they come together and play as a TEAM.... sometimes we haven't had the talent like normally but they played as Team and made some noise and upset some teams that they weren't suppose to beat... one of the best team performances in the last few years was 06 at South Pitt, eveyone told them we couldn't win but look at what they, like some South Pitt posters said we beat them down that night and then we come up 20 seconds short the next week from doing it to Friendship... we were suppose to be overmatched according to alot of people but our team thought other wise.... This years team has the talent no doubt about it and has learned alot from the past two seasons... this team has senior leaders and a certain coach that can get these kids to play as one cause he has that "IT" factor about him as a coach... with that said GORDONSVILLE TIGERS come together as a team and show everyone what GORDONSVILLE is about... week in week out, SHUT UP AND HIT SOMEBODY... you represent a town built on tradition and unity, cause on Friday nights, whether your on the road or in "The Jungle" that town comes together for you, the GORDONSVILLE TIGERS.... let's GO BIG BLUE

the last thing i will do is get on here and try to overshadow moose with medleys return to the program.i can say that moose loves gordonsville tiger football. when i was little i watched him play.glad he has come home. but coach medley did have this way about him.he got us to play to our full potential.i want our boys to know that if they buy in that they could achieve. its not easy at all. medley took us to the woodshed everyday. who wants it,we all did.we wanted it bad.how bad do our boys want it. i think they do bad.

I'm not over shadowing Moose either, Moose is a great coach, he is a Tiger no doubt... as well as the rest of the coaching staff... they all know what Gordonsville football is about... I know Croz is Blue and White, i got his back no matter what... did when we played as teammates and still do today... I was saying I wasn't over reacting, sorry i'm doing this from a phone I didn't notice how I put it.... Croz knows how I feel we usualize talk before each game... I wish I could've played for Medley, he just has "it" as a coach and as a person... the coaching staff will have them playing as team and the Tigers will come together as a team... GO BIG BLUE

Anyone have results from Cascade scrimmage? I wasn't there.

I didn't get to go either, but the final was 20-14 Gordonsville.

At Half it was 20-0 Gville, and I was told at that point that Gville had played a lot of kids, and Gville had turned it over twice in the red zone.

I believe Cascade's JV. scored twice, and Gville's JV had one called back.

When I talked to someone at the start of the second half, our 2nd team defense was in against Cascade's 1st team Offense. After that I didn't talk to anyone til the game was over.

Maybe someone else can get on here and elaborate a little more.