AA top 10 pitchers

bball4bball

Willis and the big right hander gives Gibbs 2 starters as good as anyone. They will be tough for anyone to handle for any classification.

The right hander you are talking about is Brenton Bates. I agree with you Rico, and when you add in Jacob Turner this year they are really going to be tough to handle. The deal with Gibbs will be whether or not they can score some runs.

Willis and the big right hander gives Gibbs 2 starters as good as anyone. They will be tough for anyone to handle for any classification.

The right hander you are talking about is Brenton Bates. I agree with you Rico, and when you add in Jacob Turner this year they are really going to be tough to handle. The deal with Gibbs will be whether or not they can score some runs.

I agree that the deal with Gibbs will be if they can score some runs. Pitching will definately be their depth with Willis as the "ace", Bates, Turner, Lucas Shropshire (another quality lefty whom beat Cleveland last year with a one hitter), plus they have one more pitcher that is converting to sub for this season.

• 1 month later...

Gallihugh-Pigeon Forge

Carter-Pigeon Forge

Turner-Gibbs

Willis-Gibbs

Bates-Gibbs

Whitson-Unicoi

In no specific order, these are the top 6 in AA in Knoxville and East Tennessee

As to Gibbs scoring runs, don't kid yourself, they were 1 inning away from the State tourney last year :flower: with all Sophs. and Juniors, and without Jacob Turner who has returned this year after a year off, and is probably one of the top 5 Right handers in the whole state. They will score runs and score plenty, and I would like to know who you all think can score runs against Willis, Turner, and Bates. Gibbs won't have to score many, but they now go 9 or 10 deep in the hitting line up, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm sure middle and West TN has several good pitchers as well. Good luck to all. :wacko:

• 1 month later...