McGavock Dec 11th-12th

HSDAD

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Hambrick is running the tournament this year. Not the one from Creekwood, it's his son.

Alot of schools dropped out of the tournament this year for various reasons. Antioch Bolton, and Glencliff who always enter this tournament are not coming this year.

Just off the top of my head, schools entered this year are;

McGavock

Mt. Juliet

MLK

Smyrna

Arab (Huntsville, AL)

Hunters Lane

DCA

White House

East Lit.

I honestly can't think of the other schools entered as there were alot to drop, but there are quite a few more that I didnt list, I just can't remember who. I don't think there is a single bracket that is completely full. The 103 bracket had 7 wrestlers last time I checked it. And no, brackets are not online as far as I know.

HSDAD, your boy has a first round bye and I would bet on him getting DCA in the semis.

Too bad some teams will not show. This was a great 2 day tournament with good competetion. Mat Control ran a good tournament with the internet information, brackets and updates.

Does anyone else see the decline in well run local tournaments including the internet information available? It seems they are becoming fewer and less populated as we go.

at the very start of the match, Carlos got hit with an accidental headbutt to the chin and it knocked him out. he was out for maybe 3 seconds but we were not about to put his health at risk so the match was forfeited. He is fine. a little bit angry that we didn't let him wrestle, but he's fine. He's gonna be cleared by a doctor before we let him wrestle again tho.

results off the top of my head.

Team scores, Arab 1st, Mt Juliet 2nd, McGavock 3rd.

103 ?????

112 Bates of Mt.J 1st

125 Arab. Jarod something took 1st. the kid is an animal. defending AL state champ I believe.

130 Beech, can't think of the kids name. over Garcia McG INJ Def.

135 and 140 I missed these. not sure which weight he is, but the moppy haired kid from Hume Fogg won his weight class. Very good wrestler. I think he is 140 because I wanna say 135 was one of the Seaman brothers of Mt. Juliet winning.

145 Josue Brown, Hunters Lane dec. Kyle Chandler of MLK 6-4

152 J. Roberts dec. Marquis of Mt. Juliet. Roberts also got OW

160 Everett Colbert McGavock dec. Kyle Saunders Smyrna 11-10

171 Arab dec. Manuel Garcia McG 4-3

189 Jamison Cherry Mcg (transfered from Mt.Juliet this year) Pin Arab

215 not sure. Hunters Lane was in the finals

285 Hunter Allen Mt.J pin Jon Smith Arab

correct anything that seems wrong because that's just going from memory

at the very start of the match, Carlos got hit with an accidental headbutt to the chin and it knocked him out. he was out for maybe 3 seconds but we were not about to put his health at risk so the match was forfeited. He is fine. a little bit angry that we didn't let him wrestle, but he's fine. He's gonna be cleared by a doctor before we let him wrestle again tho.

103 ?????

112 Bates of Mt.J 1st

125 Arab. Jarod something took 1st. the kid is an animal. defending AL state champ I believe.

135 and 140 I missed these. not sure which weight he is, but the moppy haired kid from Hume Fogg won his weight class. Very good wrestler. I think he is 140 because I wanna say 135 was one of the Seaman brothers of Mt. Juliet winning.

103 Mt Julet Over Arab

119 Arab over White House (Best Match)

135 Hume Fog Over MT J

140 Hunters Lane Over MLK

215 Hunters Lane Over Lebanon

103 ?????

112 Bates of Mt.J 1st

103 Mt Julet Over Arab

119 Arab over White House (Best Match)

135 Hume Fog Over MT J

140 Hunters Lane Over MLK

215 Hunters Lane Over Lebanon

103-cook mt juliet over Morrow arab

112-Bates mtjuliet over arab

119- Grace Arab over Patnode White house Best Match

125-Stephenson Arab over Blumenthal Hume Fogg

130-Pickney Beech Precautionary default over Garcia McGavock This was one of the freakiest things I ever watched. Pickney shot and backed out Garcia Sprawled and in the exchanged Garcia chin hit back of Pickneys head...when they went to get up to restart Garcia was wobbly for second and mcGavock coaches held him out for precautionary reasons. Glad to ere from early post that he is ok.

135-Scott Seaman MtJuliet over Kleinert Beech

140-Schoenfield Hume Fogg over Matt Seaman Mt Juliet

145-Josue Brown Hunters Lane over Chandler MLK

152-Roberts Beech over Wilkins MtJuliet 14-4 i believe was the score(Roberts won best wrestler)Roberts might be one of the most improved wrestlers in the area. "summer wrestling makes winter champions"

160-Everett McGavock over Saunders Smyrna

171-Suttles Arab over Garcia McGavock

189-Cherry McGavock over Cranford Arab

215-I not sure either I think James Arab over Hyde Hunters lane

285-Battle of the big uns Hunter Allen Mt JUliet pins John Smith Arab Both Heavys were huge. Mr Allen is Huger!!! and I never seen a big man make another guy same size and fold him like that!!!!

On side note

Jonathan Roberts, Zach Pickney, Hunter Allen, Jamisson Cherry, Manuel Garcia, Carlos Garcia, Josue Brown, Matt Seaman, Scott Seaman, Anthony Patnode, Tanner Bates...All put the time in in the off season. I am sure that others have put in time but these are the ones that I know of in the finals from this tournament