All-District 11aa

crazytrain

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna knock football, but in baseball, it's a surprise whenever you find out about it if you know what I mean.

Here's the other thing. Coach has to tell the players who is going to the banquet. I mean, the whole team doesn't go. He tells them in time so that they can make prior arrangements to attend. It's pretty much out of the bag depending on whether you get invited to the banquet or not. What surprise is left?

These things are WAY over rated.

say that to the kids that are gonna be thrilled when they recieve the award, once again someone who isn't looking for the best interst for the kid.... :lol:

I have the best interests of ALL the kids. It's a team sport. What are you gonna do with the award? Put in on your resume'? Not exactly speaking for football since they pick so many, they're bound to get most of them right, but in baseball and basketball in this district, they rarely get it right. I will agree that it's subjective and I will contend that if you're playing in a team sport for an individual award, you need to rethink your priorities.

And before you say it, I've got one laying around somewhere in my attic. But around here, from middle school on up I've seen kids blackballed because they're good, cocky, wear long hair, show emotion or whatever and kids sometimes make these teams because they goose step in line to the standard of somebody else's ideals.

They should let the players pick the all district teams by anonymous vote.

• 3 weeks later...