2010 collinwood trojans

chsballer67

I was told today that Statom was no longer coaching and someone from Wilson was replacing him with Heath Daniels assisting. Any truth to this?

That is true but it is in Baseball not football. Statom is the football coach. Coach Daniel and coach Winburn will do the Trojans baseball this year . Go Trojans

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the first time in forever Collinwood has a bumper crop of really MASSIVE linemen coming

up the junior and sophomore classes next year...THANK GOODNESS, I am so sick of seeing

undersized guys having to play in the line. As usual there is always tons of good backs so

I feel the next three seasons will be the best since the Jon Ward era and potentially even

better though I know thats saying a lot. I think the only backs Collinwood lost were

Max Risner and Kaleb Clark but both those guys played hurt all year and Clark really suffered

and Max didn't get to play QB...those injuries to the two best backs really killed us.

On the other hand I feel that Jacob Davis has the potential to be a solid passing qb, he just

needs experience, at least with Max's injury Jacob did get to play quite a bit. He is def not

a runner and Collinwood needs to get out of the spread and into something like UT runs.

the spread is for running qbs ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was developed to unplug the

middle so option qbs could get a little more running room. It is a terrible passing formation

due to protection problems. I recall the disaster at UT when they tried to run the spread

with Crompton...what a freaking mess that was.

If collinwood stays with the spread they will get killed against good comp with Jacob and

probably need to go with one of the more mobile qbs like no 18 who can run and throw

and goodness sakes they need to take advantage of some of those great young backs

like little Caperton and Heard fer crying out loud...RUN THE BALL COACH!!!!!!!!!! you

gonna have the horses up front next year so go for it man...

go trojans!!!!!!!!

the only difference between collinwood and waynesboro is the coaching...

Rice was smart to play an easy schedule and not get his team beat up before

the season ended...playing tough out of conference teams doesn't get you

anything but injuries

I see that you are still hung up on this easy schedule WC played!!!! WC had injuries befor the season started, Warren missed the first 3 or 4 games because of his shoulder and played the rest of the season with it , and 2 linemen with knee problems all year. Anytime you cross the river it is going to be hard whether its Chester Co. or Adamsville but WCs schedule was not easy. I do belive we beat CW twice and played in the final 4 ,we might have been that good but not good enough. Good Luck next year maybe I can see a little more CW games since mines going to graduate this year!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I don't really care who Waynesboro plays...they can play the Titans and Alabama if they won't to, I

wouldn't mind. I just don't like it that the last two years collinwood hasn't made it to the end of the

season with their best players intact...It was fun playing Davidson Academy and Adamsville but it

takes a toll cause those are real head knocking games. I am also wondering if its a good thing two

platooning with the backs...its ok with the linemen but Collinwood seems to have had a ton of

injuries to their backs since they started spending half the game watching and getting tight

for the first time in forever Collinwood has a bumper crop of really MASSIVE linemen coming

up the junior and sophomore classes next year...THANK GOODNESS, I am so sick of seeing

undersized guys having to play in the line. As usual there is always tons of good backs so

I feel the next three seasons will be the best since the Jon Ward era and potentially even

better though I know thats saying a lot. I think the only backs Collinwood lost were

Max Risner and Kaleb Clark but both those guys played hurt all year and Clark really suffered

and Max didn't get to play QB...those injuries to the two best backs really killed us.

On the other hand I feel that Jacob Davis has the potential to be a solid passing qb, he just

needs experience, at least with Max's injury Jacob did get to play quite a bit. He is def not

a runner and Collinwood needs to get out of the spread and into something like UT runs.

the spread is for running qbs ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was developed to unplug the

middle so option qbs could get a little more running room. It is a terrible passing formation

due to protection problems. I recall the disaster at UT when they tried to run the spread

with Crompton...what a freaking mess that was.

If collinwood stays with the spread they will get killed against good comp with Jacob and

probably need to go with one of the more mobile qbs like no 18 who can run and throw

and goodness sakes they need to take advantage of some of those great young backs

like little Caperton and Heard fer crying out loud...RUN THE BALL COACH!!!!!!!!!! you

gonna have the horses up front next year so go for it man...

go trojans!!!!!!!!

the only difference between collinwood and waynesboro is the coaching...

Rice was smart to play an easy schedule and not get his team beat up before

the season ended...playing tough out of conference teams doesn't get you

anything but injuries

I see that you are still hung up on this easy schedule WC played!!!! WC had injuries befor the season started, Warren missed the first 3 or 4 games because of his shoulder and played the rest of the season with it , and 2 linemen with knee problems all year. Anytime you cross the river it is going to be hard whether its Chester Co. or Adamsville but WCs schedule was not easy. I do belive we beat CW twice and played in the final 4 ,we might have been that good but not good enough. Good Luck next year maybe I can see a little more CW games since mines going to graduate this year!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I don't really care who Waynesboro plays...they can play the Titans and Alabama if they won't to, I

wouldn't mind. I just don't like it that the last two years collinwood hasn't made it to the end of the

season with their best players intact...It was fun playing Davidson Academy and Adamsville but it

takes a toll cause those are real head knocking games. I am also wondering if its a good thing two

platooning with the backs...its ok with the linemen but Collinwood seems to have had a ton of

injuries to their backs since they started spending half the game watching and getting tight

They also get hurt when they get the snot knocked out of them.

• 3 weeks later...

you don't see college and pro athletes getting hurt because they only play one side of the ball...im sure you'll say blah blah, there college/pro athletets(which is somewhat true)...but even 4-6a schools don't have players going both ways and there okay

• 5 months later...

you don't see college and pro athletes getting hurt because they only play one side of the ball...im sure you'll say blah blah, there college/pro athletets(which is somewhat true)...but even 4-6a schools don't have players going both ways and there okay

After watching a couple of 7 on 7 games this year with Collinwood and some of the local area teams I feel that Collinwood will hold their own. I also think they will be a team that you can expect the unexpected.

Good Luck Collinwood!

Not sure about all the scores, but I think the Trojans won all but one match against Wilsons second team. Davis had about four or five bombs for tds. Wayne county looked good except for at linebacker, that looks like their Achilles heel for now. Collinwood looks to have 6 or more goto's on offense. The Trojans defense had 5 ints in the day. This team is going to be alot to handle for anyone in the region.

Go Trojans!!!

Not sure about all the scores, but I think the Trojans won all but one match against Wilsons second team. Davis had about four or five bombs for tds. Wayne county looked good except for at linebacker, that looks like their Achilles heel for now. Collinwood looks to have 6 or more goto's on offense. The Trojans defense had 5 ints in the day. This team is going to be alot to handle for anyone in the region.

Go Trojans!!!

:thumb:

Thought it was a good scrimmage for all teams involved. Long though lasted about 3 hours. Not sure how collinwood did overall vs TCA but against Lake County got by the Falcons 1-0. The TD was on a long pass play. Was a good hard hitting scrimmage with all teams involved getting good work. Good luck to the Trojans and to TCA as well this season.