Dickson Inviatational

godofwrestling

Did people forget Clarksville HS is at the Dickson Duals?

Clarksville will take first they looked great with their 3rd place finish at Slamfest.

Dickson Co. will end up in second it is their tourney and Badon will not put his team in the same pool as Clarksville!

East Lit at third beating Rossview who will end up fourth.

Harpeth has an outside shot but with their forfeits they just give up to many points right off the bat.

My DarkHorse- Montgomery Central.

I don't know anything about Raleigh Egypt since they do not post their match results so I guess they can not be ruled out.

Tommy doesn't operate like that.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last list that I saw had these teams. Not sure if it has changed, but here it is:

Creek Wood

Montgomery Central

Dickson

Harpeth

East Literature

Heritage

Maplewood

Antioch

Clarksville Northeast

Clarksville Northwest

Rossview

Sycamore

Kenwood

Clarksville

East Robertson

Raleigh Egypt

FRA (They may be a scratch)

Well if Clarksville is not coming, Kenwood is not coming, and FRA is mostly likely a scratch... will there be any teams to fill their spots? And if so, who?

Coach Tommy Badon would never operate like that. I agree that he would put his boys up against the toughest teams there. At my last count, I think that these will be the teams in attendance. With SO many teams and so few weekends to go to tourneys, I am sure that some other teams dropped out and committed to other tourneys that were closer to home.

East Literature

NorthWest

Harpeth

Dickson

Centennial

Montgomery Central

Rossview

Antioch

Raleigh-Egypt

Creekwood

Mt. Vernon

Sycamore

NorthEast

In fact, as far as Coach Badon goes, he likes to put his guys up against the toughest wrestlers just to see how they will do so he can see where his wrestler needs work.

You are right Tommy isn't like that! If anything Tommy will probally seed his team with toughest teams there. Dickson isn't a team you should look over! I give them a good chance of winning their tourney!

I am laughing so HARD!! Tommy doesn't do that! Tommy will seed his team against the toughest teams!

Tommy gave his team one of the easiest bracket! If he wanted the toughest bracket he would have put his team in the bracket with the 4 teams and he would have made it so that his team would have had to wrestle the team from Indiana in the semi-finals to make it to the championship.

You can't count Tommy out when he stacks the deck!

Don't get me wrong Dickson Co. is a very good team but they were not the best team in that tourney by a long shot! In fact didn't they get beat in the championship match but only won because of all the team points taken away for a fake bite from the team they wrestled? If I am not mistaken it came out to be about 10 points in all: 6 for the disqualification, 3 for the unsportsmanlike call, and one because the kid throw his head gear after the call was made. Well, Dickson Co. should get 3 of them points back because it looked like their kid was going to win the match, so they lost by 7 points.

Well, this thread will not make me any friends in the Dickson area but I just had to laugh after everyone came out in defense of Tommy and yet Tommy proved me correct.

And since I am calling coaches out, what is up with the Rossview coach? Does he every shut up and does have to argue every call!?

Here are the results for the Dickson Tournament. As far as the comments of afan. The tournament was seeded based on the previous years results and what information Tommy had about each team this year. Which is only first hand knowledge and what information is fed to him by the teams coming. He doesn’t get on coacht that's why I post results for him at times. If you look at the pools they were evenly divided based on that information. I haven't talked to him about your recent post but I was there last year and saw how it was put together. The top eight teams were split up and the remaining teams were put in randomly. That is how he has done it in the past and I assume is the way he did it this year. No I don't think he would make it harder for himself. I think there are a lot of people that think very highly of him. Tommy is a man of great character. Rigging a tournament is a far stretch for most to think accurate. Knowing him, I don't think he could stand himself for something like that. You've accused him of stacking the deck and getting a "fake biting call". I'm guessing you think he influenced that call. The biting call that was questionable was between Rossview and Mt.Vernon. You shouldn't mislead people. If it wasn't for that call Mt. Vernon would have been in the finals. The ref said he saw a bite, there weren't any marks and the Mt. Vernon kid said he wasn't bit. The ref kept his call because he believed his eyes and not the evidence. That was his decision and I'm sure wasn't influenced by Tommy as you implied. There was a biting call in the match between Dickson and Rossview, an actual bite. Maybe it was karma coming around. The only team that should feel robbed was Mt. Vernon. They had a good team for having graduated 11 starters although they were team state placers in Indiana. If it wasn't for the biting call they probably would have won the tournament. I'm guessing from your posts there is some sort of bad blood between Rossview and Dickson. Believe me its rather one sided. You keep hating Dickson, Dickson has nothing but love for you. Good luck to you and your team coach, ya’ll do have a very good team this year from what he has told me.

Semifinals Pool Winners: Northwest 28 Dickson 41

Rossview 37 Mt. Vernon 36

Pool Runners-up: East Literature 52 Montgomery Central 29

Raleigh-Egypt 58 Sycamore 18

Pool Thirds: Harpeth 51 Centennial 30

Antioch 42 Northeast 30

Finals Championship Dickson 37 Rossview36

Third Mt. Vernon 44 Northwest 33

Fifth East Literature 59 Raleigh-Egypt 21

Seventh Montgomery Central 46 Sycamore 36

Ninth Harpeth 51 Antioch 30

Eleventh Centennial over Northeast by forfeit

I am LAUGHING AGAIN! Uncle Doug not once did I imply Tommy has the officials in his pocket! As far as, the biting call goes I only mentioned it to explain the score of the championship match! Also, I was not misleading either. I did not mention the other biting call because I was not explaining the match between Mt. Vernon and Rossview.

If you are going to call me out on the biting call then so be it! I personally believe both of the calls were piss poor (both being the Mt. Vernon and the Rossview one). On neither one of the calls did either wrestler that got bit make any indication that they were being bite (yelling or jerking their arm away) granted there were teeth marks on both the wrestlers arms but they were not bite marks. Bite marks are very distinctive so don't you be misleading.

Here is a bit of tidbit about the championship match biting. I over heard a few of the Rossview parents talking (yes I was ease-dropping) and they were saying the kid accused of biting was trying to tap out because the cross face was keeping him from being able to breath. The kid from Dickson cross face accidentally ended up in the mouth of the kid from Rossview and was extremely tight. According to these parents he did not intentionally try and bite the Dickson boy. Obviously from your post Uncle Doug you are a Dickson fan and will argue your side on the biting call but my previous post was not about the biting call because I think both of them were bad calls. Either of the kids who were accused of it should be punished for them!

And when exactly did I say anything about "bad blood" between Dickson Co. and Rossview? I have no idea of their history. If you are twisting my calling out the Rossview coach for his arguing about every call made to make their be some sort of "bad blood" then that is on you! I was talking about how he yells and screams about every call and if you think he doesn't then you sure didn't watch all his other matches and i have seen him at other tournament; he is always being warned about his arguing. Coach Brown needs to take a chill pill, sit back and keep his mouth shut during the matches!

Mt. Vernon was the best team there and should feel slighted.

I am LAUGHING AGAIN! Uncle Doug not once did I imply Tommy has the officials in his pocket! As far as, the biting call goes I only mentioned it to explain the score of the championship match! Also, I was not misleading either. I did not mention the other biting call because I was not explaining the match between Mt. Vernon and Rossview.

If you are going to call me out on the biting call then so be it! I personally believe both of the calls were piss poor (both being the Mt. Vernon and the Rossview one). On neither one of the calls did either wrestler that got bit make any indication that they were being bite (yelling or jerking their arm away) granted there were teeth marks on both the wrestlers arms but they were not bite marks. Bite marks are very distinctive so don't you be misleading.

Here is a bit of tidbit about the championship match biting. I over heard a few of the Rossview parents talking (yes I was ease-dropping) and they were saying the kid accused of biting was trying to tap out because the cross face was keeping him from being able to breath. The kid from Dickson cross face accidentally ended up in the mouth of the kid from Rossview and was extremely tight. According to these parents he did not intentionally try and bite the Dickson boy. Obviously from your post Uncle Doug you are a Dickson fan and will argue your side on the biting call but my previous post was not about the biting call because I think both of them were bad calls. Either of the kids who were accused of it should be punished for them!

And when exactly did I say anything about "bad blood" between Dickson Co. and Rossview? I have no idea of their history. If you are twisting my calling out the Rossview coach for his arguing about every call made to make their be some sort of "bad blood" then that is on you! I was talking about how he yells and screams about every call and if you think he doesn't then you sure didn't watch all his other matches and i have seen him at other tournament; he is always being warned about his arguing. Coach Brown needs to take a chill pill, sit back and keep his mouth shut during the matches!

Mt. Vernon was the best team there and should feel slighted.

Karma man Karma, your never going to win the lottery acting like this. :)

Your always taking shots at refs or coaches. Always at an event that Rossview attended or an off season event that a Rossview kid attends.

The biting call in the Mt. Vernon vs. Rossview match was against Mt. Vernon. You implied, Uncle Doug, that it was against Rossview. It was not. The biting call in the Dickson vs. Rossview match was against Rossview. Neither kid was probably bit.

Watching the Dickson vs. Rossview match, you could see that the Rossview wrestler was tapping on the Dickson wrestler's arm, that was across his mouth and nose. He was trying to get it off because he couldn't breathe. The ref's weren't paying attention to that. The crossface was very tight.

I would say that Afan2 is probably not a Rossview parent, as he is calling out Coach Brown. Yes, Coach Brown does argue alot. He cares about our kids. Enough said about that.

Listening to the Dickson parents in the stands, I think there is bad blood between Rossview and Dickson. They were saying some pretty rude things about our boys.

Mt. Vernon was a good team. The biting call decided that match too. Rossview should've beat Dickson, and they might next time. We'll see!