Dickson Inviatational

godofwrestling

I am LAUGHING AGAIN! Uncle Doug not once did I imply Tommy has the officials in his pocket! As far as, the biting call goes I only mentioned it to explain the score of the championship match! Also, I was not misleading either. I did not mention the other biting call because I was not explaining the match between Mt. Vernon and Rossview.

If you are going to call me out on the biting call then so be it! I personally believe both of the calls were piss poor (both being the Mt. Vernon and the Rossview one). On neither one of the calls did either wrestler that got bit make any indication that they were being bite (yelling or jerking their arm away) granted there were teeth marks on both the wrestlers arms but they were not bite marks. Bite marks are very distinctive so don't you be misleading.

Here is a bit of tidbit about the championship match biting. I over heard a few of the Rossview parents talking (yes I was ease-dropping) and they were saying the kid accused of biting was trying to tap out because the cross face was keeping him from being able to breath. The kid from Dickson cross face accidentally ended up in the mouth of the kid from Rossview and was extremely tight. According to these parents he did not intentionally try and bite the Dickson boy. Obviously from your post Uncle Doug you are a Dickson fan and will argue your side on the biting call but my previous post was not about the biting call because I think both of them were bad calls. Either of the kids who were accused of it should be punished for them!

And when exactly did I say anything about "bad blood" between Dickson Co. and Rossview? I have no idea of their history. If you are twisting my calling out the Rossview coach for his arguing about every call made to make their be some sort of "bad blood" then that is on you! I was talking about how he yells and screams about every call and if you think he doesn't then you sure didn't watch all his other matches and i have seen him at other tournament; he is always being warned about his arguing. Coach Brown needs to take a chill pill, sit back and keep his mouth shut during the matches!

Mt. Vernon was the best team there and should feel slighted.

There was a bite in the Dickson Co. and Rossview match. Seen it with my own eyes and there were pictures taken. I was sitting right at the edge of the mat and I heard Mitch (the Dickson wrestler) say and I quote "ref he is biting me, ref he is biting me!" So maybe you need to get YOUR facts straight!! or yet get over it and quit crying about it! It is over and done with! And as for Tommy he is an outstanding coach and person! Maybe if Rossview were a better team it would not have come down to a bite call. Maybe the coach needs to work on his wrestlers behavior!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biting call in the Mt. Vernon vs. Rossview match was against Mt. Vernon. You implied, Uncle Doug, that it was against Rossview. It was not. The biting call in the Dickson vs. Rossview match was against Rossview. Neither kid was probably bit.

Watching the Dickson vs. Rossview match, you could see that the Rossview wrestler was tapping on the Dickson wrestler's arm, that was across his mouth and nose. He was trying to get it off because he couldn't breathe. The ref's weren't paying attention to that. The crossface was very tight.

I would say that Afan2 is probably not a Rossview parent, as he is calling out Coach Brown. Yes, Coach Brown does argue alot. He cares about our kids. Enough said about that.

Listening to the Dickson parents in the stands, I think there is bad blood between Rossview and Dickson. They were saying some pretty rude things about our boys.

Mt. Vernon was a good team. The biting call decided that match too. Rossview should've beat Dickson, and they might next time. We'll see!

I am a proud Dickson parent and as for you saying that the Dickson parents were saying some "rude" things about your boys that goes two ways! I know I heard a lot of rude things said about our boys too. Reguardless of what everyone says Dickson still won the tournament and nothing will change that.I really hope that all this cools off between Dickson and Rossview because both teams are very talented and when they wrestler each other it is exciting to watch.

come on Dickson county deserved to win their own tournament they've worked hard enough tommy has coached em up good and for those who say rossview should have won then they shoulda kept their matches clean if they wanted to win bad enough and for who ever you are stat off uncle dougs back he knows what he's talking about

There was a bite in the Dickson Co. and Rossview match. Seen it with my own eyes and there were pictures taken. I was sitting right at the edge of the mat and I heard Mitch (the Dickson wrestler) say and I quote "ref he is biting me, ref he is biting me!" So maybe you need to get YOUR facts straight!! or yet get over it and quit crying about it! It is over and done with! And as for Tommy he is an outstanding coach and person! Maybe if Rossview were a better team it would not have come down to a bite call. Maybe the coach needs to work on his wrestlers behavior!!

1... I too was sitting on the edge of the mat and I personally saw with "my own eyes" Taylor (the Rossview wrestler) tapping out because he was unable to breath. As far as, Mitch (the Dickson wrestler) goes I think he is a very good wrestlers and if he believes he was bitten then I am inclined to believe him.

IF you put the two stories together then there is no doubt a bite did occur but it was an unintentional bite. Yes this can happen... If Mitch crossed-faced Taylor while his mouth was open then that would place the arm unintentionally in the mouth... As strong as Mitch is then it is possible for him to exert enough pressure to cause the suffocation to make Taylor try and "tap out"... which in turn could cause an involuntary closing of the mouth to swallow and gasp for air.

IF Taylor were going to bite Mitch then why would he "tap out" because I saw this with my own eyes? And it was not like Mitch was winning the match because he wasn't at that point it was tied 2-2 (if I remember correctly). 99% (and you know I am right on this) of all bites occur when a wrestler is frustrated and losing!! Taylor was neither frustrated or losing so it would have made absolutely no sense for him to bite Mitch in that situation... it is not like Taylor has not been in this situation before... he has been wrestling for 5+ years. So he knew he still had a chance in the match.

2... Now for the accusations that Coach Brown does NOT teach his kids good and proper behavior is absolutely absurd!! And for someone (godofwreslting) to insinuate or even suggest that he teaches or promotes bad behavior does NOT know him at all!! I personally know that teachers at his school will call him up to help them when a wrestler is acting up in their class. They do this because he does instill good behavior in his wrestlers. I have seen him line his kids up and run and run and run because they have done something wrong or even when they have not cleaned up their locker room.

Also, Coach Brown has spent hours upon hours of his free time and thousands of thousands of his own money to help promote the progress of his team. Someone (godofwrestling) suggested that he should make his team become better wrestlers... he is!!

What you seemed to have forgotten is 10 of Rossview's 14 wrestlers, at the tourney HAVE ONLY BEEN WRESTLING 2 complete years with 1 of them (Ryan Cavin) haven only wrestled 1 complete year. That is 11 wrestlers with 2 or less years of experience.

These wrestlers did not come from his feeder program... like most of the Dickson Co. kids... in fact Jeremy Gonzalez the 103lber is his first feeder baby!

So for these kids to even be competing... let alone hanging with a great team like Dickson Co. is a testimony to the hard work these kids have put in and to the level at which Coach Brown and his staff have trained them.

Here is another fact only a few people know about Coach Brown... He has talked to Mr. Shepard (the father of Greg and Ryan Shepard) about allowing Ryan to travel with his team to all the national tournaments that they attend next season. Coach Brown has also extended the invitation to several of the Clarksville High School wrestlers, as well as, several other teams in the surrounding area.

Coach Brown has done nothing but try and promote wrestling in the Clarksville and surrounding area!

1... I too was sitting on the edge of the mat and I personally saw with "my own eyes" Taylor (the Rossview wrestler) tapping out because he was unable to breath. As far as, Mitch (the Dickson wrestler) goes I think he is a very good wrestlers and if he believes he was bitten then I am inclined to believe him.

IF you put the two stories together then there is no doubt a bite did occur but it was an unintentional bite. Yes this can happen... If Mitch crossed-faced Taylor while his mouth was open then that would place the arm unintentionally in the mouth... As strong as Mitch is then it is possible for him to exert enough pressure to cause the suffocation to make Taylor try and "tap out"... which in turn could cause an involuntary closing of the mouth to swallow and gasp for air.

IF Taylor were going to bite Mitch then why would he "tap out" because I saw this with my own eyes? And it was not like Mitch was winning the match because he wasn't at that point it was tied 2-2 (if I remember correctly). 99% (and you know I am right on this) of all bites occur when a wrestler is frustrated and losing!! Taylor was neither frustrated or losing so it would have made absolutely no sense for him to bite Mitch in that situation... it is not like Taylor has not been in this situation before... he has been wrestling for 5+ years. So he knew he still had a chance in the match.

2... Now for the accusations that Coach Brown does NOT teach his kids good and proper behavior is absolutely absurd!! And for someone (godofwreslting) to insinuate or even suggest that he teaches or promotes bad behavior does NOT know him at all!! I personally know that teachers at his school will call him up to help them when a wrestler is acting up in their class. They do this because he does instill good behavior in his wrestlers. I have seen him line his kids up and run and run and run because they have done something wrong or even when they have not cleaned up their locker room.

Also, Coach Brown has spent hours upon hours of his free time and thousands of thousands of his own money to help promote the progress of his team. Someone (godofwrestling) suggested that he should make his team become better wrestlers... he is!!

What you seemed to have forgotten is 10 of Rossview's 14 wrestlers, at the tourney HAVE ONLY BEEN WRESTLING 2 complete years with 1 of them (Ryan Cavin) haven only wrestled 1 complete year. That is 11 wrestlers with 2 or less years of experience.

These wrestlers did not come from his feeder program... like most of the Dickson Co. kids... in fact Jeremy Gonzalez the 103lber is his first feeder baby!

So for these kids to even be competing... let alone hanging with a great team like Dickson Co. is a testimony to the hard work these kids have put in and to the level at which Coach Brown and his staff have trained them.

Here is another fact only a few people know about Coach Brown... He has talked to Mr. Shepard (the father of Greg and Ryan Shepard) about allowing Ryan to travel with his team to all the national tournaments that they attend next season. Coach Brown has also extended the invitation to several of the Clarksville High School wrestlers, as well as, several other teams in the surrounding area.

Coach Brown has done nothing but try and promote wrestling in the Clarksville and surrounding area!

1. I personally didn't see the tap out. (must have blinked or looked off for a second). 2. Weather the bite was intentional or not the marks were there. 3. Throwing headgear because you are frustrated is understandable but should be done behind the scene so it doesn't cost team points or make your team look bad. 4.as for be saying me (the coach) should teach his wrestlers better behavior I was wrong to say that I appologize! Emotions got the better of me. 5. Dickson is a very young team too. And as for feeder teams you are only allowed to participate in them through your 8th grade year. A lot of our wrestlers haven't been wrestling for that long. 6. as for the two coaches they both are very good at coaching and promoting wrestling in the middle tn. area. they both love this sport and their kids. no doubt about that. like i said earlier it is over and done with nothing can change that maybe all of this can be laid to rest. i really enjoy watching these two teams compete because i think they are evenly matched in talent and it makes for a good night of wrestling. :thumb:

I just want to come on record and say, you cannot tap out in a wrestling match. If a ref is to see a kid tap out they dont do anything, if a hold looks potentially dangerous they'll stop it. And if, to a ref, it looks like a kid cannot breath theyll stop it. So the kid tapping out would have had no impact to the match whatsoever if it looked like, to the ref, that he was capable of breathing.

i think this bite has been blown way outta porportion its over done can we just talk about the good wrestling done at the tournament there were some great matches there Matt Price had a good match with that dickson boy if he had not been thrown it woulda been alot closer and rakim talley came back to beat tyler todd after being pinned by him a week earlier

Did people forget Clarksville HS is at the Dickson Duals?

Clarksville will take first they looked great with their 3rd place finish at Slamfest.

Dickson Co. will end up in second it is their tourney and Badon will not put his team in the same pool as Clarksville!

I have heard you talk so much smack about Coach Badon. Why didn't Clarksville put Dickson in their pool at Slamfest?

Your screenname is "AFan2". I am wondering if it means "AFan2 stir up trouble" LOL

Get over it...........there were two referees on the mat...Dickson gave Rossview 12 points in forfeits and even 18 if you include the wrestler that tried to wrestle with a torn muscle and in the end,Dickson still came out on top......so in my eyes (and the TSSAA refs eyes),the better team won. There will be more GREAT wrestling to see after Christmas break and hopefully you will have a Merry Christmas and God will bless you so we will not have to see any more of this senseless rubbish on the forum..

Did people forget Clarksville HS is at the Dickson Duals?

Clarksville will take first they looked great with their 3rd place finish at Slamfest.

Dickson Co. will end up in second it is their tourney and Badon will not put his team in the same pool as Clarksville!

I have heard you talk so much smack about Coach Badon. Why didn't Clarksville put Dickson in their pool at Slamfest?

Your screenname is "AFan2". I am wondering if it means "AFan2 stir up trouble" LOL

Get over it...........there were two referees on the mat...Dickson gave Rossview 12 points in forfeits and even 18 if you include the wrestler that tried to wrestle with a torn muscle and in the end,Dickson still came out on top......so in my eyes (and the TSSAA refs eyes),the better team won. There will be more GREAT wrestling to see after Christmas break and hopefully you will have a Merry Christmas and God will bless you so we will not have to see any more of this senseless rubbish on the forum..

You are making fun of his screen name?

And you got yours from a Britney Spears song. Dude, I wouldn't make fun of his name.

The championship match between dickson was extremely intense and i could see us and dickson becoming a rivalry in the future. the past two times we have faced them, the matches have been decided by a point or less. and being one of coach browns wrestlers, he is a very good coach and keeps us very disciplined. he is THE best wrestling coach i have ever had and ive wrestled 6+ years :thumb:

The championship match between dickson was extremely intense and i could see us and dickson becoming a rivalry in the future. the past two times we have faced them, the matches have been decided by a point or less. and being one of coach browns wrestlers, he is a very good coach and keeps us very disciplined. he is THE best wrestling coach i have ever had and ive wrestled 6+ years :thumb:

i agree being a dickson wrestler myself coach brown is a great coach getting to know him in the off season and i am friends with alot of rossview wrestlers there is a friendly rivalry there the past two matches have been great to watch