LA vs Lebanon

Thing1

If you were @ LA against Cannon County Coach Melton was beside himself. At half time to the end of the game he was as lost has a 2 dollar bird dog! He had no ideal what was going on. It was not only that game it was also against Dekalb I was there. What is tearing him up -- NOT BLOWING EVERYONE OUT!!! TURN OUT THE LIGHTS THE PARTIES OVER ! LA is very good but not the only good team in the district.

Beside himself? I didnt know there was 2 of him... :)

Yeah..Im sure he was lost with no "ideal" as you say as to what was going. And at Dekalb too cause I was there also. Cant answer for Melton but yeah LA would like to blow you out. And you better leave the lights on cause this team is getting better and the next LA meets up with them....Well the big ole gal may start singing early and I would want you to see it!! :)

One more thing...no one has said LA is the only good team in the district, your just looking for some intense fellowship ....but hey Im game. But i will say this...LA is still the team to beat..thats why your on here anyway..whining around, dissing the coach, blah blah after losing to the team EVERYONE wants to beat in the district!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think its whining..its just the simple fact we all know LA IS THE TEAM TO BEAT. THAT'S STATING THE OBVIOUS. I fully agree, since LA is the team to beat therefore we all get on here and talk about them, even if it means raise a question about the coach. You LA people have done alot of that yourselves by the way. In terms of the DC game, I heard he was very upset from a couple of DC and CC fans that were there (no I was not, so this may be speculation). I believe this is worth discussion on here becuase I've seen him sit there and rarely even leave his seat. Nodody here is knocking his coaching, his winning percentage is excellent, but I do think its a valid question why he was so upset that night.

......... I fully agree, since LA is the team to beat therefore we all get on here and talk about them, even if it means raise a question about the coach. ...... but I do think its a valid question why he was so upset that night.

Let's see....(in my best David Letterman voice)

TOP TEN REASONS LA's COACH WAS UPSET....

No. 10 He forgot to use the promotion code to get free shipping on his online Christmas orders.

No. 9 There was no hospitality room at the game (He loves chicken wings).

No. 8 Postage stamps are 44 cents and he just can't afford to send all of you a card.

No. 7 Tiger Woods may lose some endorsement dollars.

No. 6 He heard that Kanye West wants to sing country music.

No. 5 The "pleather" covered foam on those benches @ DC is flat and uncomfortable.

No. 4 He still can't figure out the answer to "Why DID the chicken cross the road?"

No. 3 No one noticed that he had whitened his teeth.

No. 2 He's really gonna miss Paula Abdul when "Idol" starts back up.

and the no. 1 reason LA's Coach was upset.... He'd just found out there is no Santa Claus!!

OK OK... Seriously, is this all we have to discuss?? Who cares why LA's coach was upset???? Perhaps it was the foul language from the DC student section, or worse yet, the lack of concern about it from the school administrators, not to mention the shocked looks on the faces of DC parents and grandparents. Oh WAIT...there weren't any....The shocked looks were on the faces of LA's crowd. And please don't tell me "kids will be kids". Not one person on the DC side looked shocked...most smiled with with what appeared to be approval.

Yeah....LA is winning, so the coach is doing his job....and doing it well, which is probably why so many of you are on here.

Now back to what this topic is about -- LA vs Lebanon. Lebanon's # 4 is a good shooter, so is 22. They're a pretty good team. But LA held them off. Go HOG-EYE. I agree with an earlier post...when (and it will happen) LA puts 4 quarters together, they're gonna be great. Good luck against East Lit.

All this celebrating.....to each his own opinion I guess. However one fact remains. None of us can predict what exactly will happen in this district. LA has had a few ups and downs in this early season even though they have one of maybe the youngest teams in the midstate...and they are 3-0 in the district and 8-3 overall. LA only won by 8 or 9 last year at Dekalb County. It's never easy to win there or anywhere in the district. Probably no surprise to LA's coach. Isn't it funny that people from other schools get on here bashing LA's coach and no one else. I guess when you are that successful it makes people hate you and want so see you fail.

Here's more food for thought. LA may not win every district game in the regular season. But I guarantee you this.....no one wants to be on their side of the bracket in the post season. One more thing. Go ahead and take your jabs at Coach Melton. He will continue to self motivate and when he gets his team where he thinks it should be, well, I think you know what may happen. But hey. Get them if you can and get them now. There's no telling how good they are going to be....and then next year? And the next? and the next? :)

Two big things people can learn from you yuck. 1) LA is young, you have stressed that numerous times. Youngest in the midstate? I don't know about that. I guess you are not counting the 2 seniors that hardly play. 2) You are a big Coach Melton fan and if he don't let out the secret that there is no Santa Claus I may become one as well. :)

A win is a win! I felt like we took a couple of steps forward vs. Cannon...then kinda took a step a back vs. Dekalb. Then today I feel like we got the step we lost back. Lebanon IMO was more athletic than Cannon or Dekalb. Bigger, more athletic and had a deeper bench. We go on a nice 15-0 run after being down 10 in the second half and I saw moments of a great team in the making. Right now they are good or good enough to win and it sure would be nice to see a 4 quarter game from them. I believe it will come together. Also, Coach Melton is playing a lot of players (10-12) right now, which I imagine this is trying to get these players some valuable experience for the second half of the season. But, then again, what do I know.... :) I just set in the stands and hope LA wins. Just enjoy talking about these young men. :)

Heard TJ Smith got his 1000th point vs. Lebanon...can someone verify this? If so, I would like to be the first on here to say cangratulations TJ.

I have heard nothing of this, but if it's true let me be the second on here to congratulate him on a great accomplishment.

I don't really think its whining..its just the simple fact we all know LA IS THE TEAM TO BEAT. THAT'S STATING THE OBVIOUS. I fully agree, since LA is the team to beat therefore we all get on here and talk about them, even if it means raise a question about the coach. You LA people have done alot of that yourselves by the way. In terms of the DC game, I heard he was very upset from a couple of DC and CC fans that were there (no I was not, so this may be speculation). I believe this is worth discussion on here becuase I've seen him sit there and rarely even leave his seat. Nodody here is knocking his coaching, his winning percentage is excellent, but I do think its a valid question why he was so upset that night.

cc..I think he was upset because DC sold Dippin Dots instead of Klondikes.. :) Seriously, LA made some turnovers that allowed DC to hang around and some lost oppurtunities of not finishing around the basket...now some of that was due to the play of DC and some was unforced...I dont think its lack of effort from the boys that makes him upset, its the things that can be corrected and he is so competitive with high standards set for these young men that he is not going to lower them to compensate for the players inconsistencies(sp?) right now. But that is coming together and IMO will.

Melton is not the only one to get upset or involed in the game either...I remember last season at Cannon County, Rigsby, which btw does a great job as well, was so into the game and upset about something that he had his tie about completely untied, wrapped around his shoulder, jumping about three feet into air a couple times over things that didn't go his team's way....Also Uppermans coach gets a little excited from time to time too. These coaches appear to love the game, their respective teams and have a desire and passion to win...what else could a program want from their coach?

YUCKAMUCK - Why should Coach Melton have to self-motivate. He his suppose to do that to his players! I do not think I said I hated Coach Melton, In fact is a good coach that gets what he want's from his players. dry.gif
I wondered about that self motivation thing myself. YUCK must be close with the coach to know that. Sounded like an impressive showing today for LA. Apparently B.Jackson hasn't quit.

......... I fully agree, since LA is the team to beat therefore we all get on here and talk about them, even if it means raise a question about the coach. ...... but I do think its a valid question why he was so upset that night.

Let's see....(in my best David Letterman voice)

TOP TEN REASONS LA's COACH WAS UPSET....

No. 10 He forgot to use the promotion code to get free shipping on his online Christmas orders.

No. 9 There was no hospitality room at the game (He loves chicken wings).

No. 8 Postage stamps are 44 cents and he just can't afford to send all of you a card.

No. 7 Tiger Woods may lose some endorsement dollars.

No. 6 He heard that Kanye West wants to sing country music.

No. 5 The "pleather" covered foam on those benches @ DC is flat and uncomfortable.

No. 4 He still can't figure out the answer to "Why DID the chicken cross the road?"

No. 3 No one noticed that he had whitened his teeth.

No. 2 He's really gonna miss Paula Abdul when "Idol" starts back up.

and the no. 1 reason LA's Coach was upset.... He'd just found out there is no Santa Claus!!

OK OK... Seriously, is this all we have to discuss?? Who cares why LA's coach was upset???? Perhaps it was the foul language from the DC student section, or worse yet, the lack of concern about it from the school administrators, not to mention the shocked looks on the faces of DC parents and grandparents. Oh WAIT...there weren't any....The shocked looks were on the faces of LA's crowd. And please don't tell me "kids will be kids". Not one person on the DC side looked shocked...most smiled with with what appeared to be approval.

Yeah....LA is winning, so the coach is doing his job....and doing it well, which is probably why so many of you are on here.

Now back to what this topic is about -- LA vs Lebanon. Lebanon's # 4 is a good shooter, so is 22. They're a pretty good team. But LA held them off. Go HOG-EYE. I agree with an earlier post...when (and it will happen) LA puts 4 quarters together, they're gonna be great. Good luck against East Lit.

Thhis may be the most well thought of post in the T's history...nicely done!

piano. i hope you continue to pick out negatives while keeping coacht surfers enlightened. you are nothing if not entertaining. happy holidays to you and LA and everyone else that i'm close to. Like many fans if you can't be there in person you are listening or checking box scores. always in the know.
You are telling me that if you only listen to the game, you can't have an opinion. People can't always make it to the games. Negative? I thought I said impressive showing. I figured about as well as LA has played so far. Jackson sounded like he played well. Only making an observation and happy holidays to you as well.