Best 2011 grads?

Baseballer10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many strong players in this class in Williamson County:

Franklin High - Jake Little

Ravenwood High - Richard Carter, Preston Carter, Chase Denton, Ian Kukowski, Andrew Cash

Independence High - Adam Lee, Dylan Toscano, Jake Todd, Brian Miller

Centennial High - Jordan Miller, Josh Edgar

Brentwood - Tyler Ashcraft

Sure I probably missed someone. Feel free to add to the list.

Never heard of Bryant or this catcher? But Horne is a very good pitcher, he probably could hit 82-83 last year but I'm sure that 90 by the end of the season is correct.

Word out of workouts is Horne is close to 90, if not there at times. Thanks for the kind words Redbird.

Also, make no mistake the boys (Brooks & Bryant) you've never heard of can play the game.

The whole point of these forums are to learn about the kids who you've never heard of right? :wacko: Best of luck to all of them!

NETFAN, will you please enlighten the rest of us. Also, if going to a Division 1 school means you are the best, what happens to the kid who could have gone D-1 but didn't qualify because of ACT scores, or the kid that goes D-1 because his daddy is a coach, or the player that plays at a small school and doesn't get noticed so he has to go to Junior College first. D-1 doesn't always tell the whole story, but you probably already knew that.

NETFAN, will you please enlighten the rest of us. Also, if going to a Division 1 school means you are the best, what happens to the kid who could have gone D-1 but didn't qualify because of ACT scores, or the kid that goes D-1 because his daddy is a coach, or the player that plays at a small school and doesn't get noticed so he has to go to Junior College first. D-1 doesn't always tell the whole story, but you probably already knew that.

I have to agree with Columbiaguy.

I know there are some players listed that are not the best or even proven to be good. I said D1 ability. That is clearly defined as the best. In today's world, the player who is in the best in TN will be found no matter where he lives. So that does not fly. The player who is in the best and can't make ACT scores will still be found by someone. It just blows my mind that the question is who are the best and guys are giving 5 players from one team that will not make the state. If you have five players from one team that are the best in TN, they should win the state.

I'm just saying this thread has become a joke. If you want to start a thread that says good kids, or kids that will play varsity, or something that is fine. But don't have a thread that says best 2011 and list 50 kids.

Many of these guys listed have never played varsity. If they are that good, I don't care what school in TN they are from they would have played last year as a sophomore. Let's change the title to 2011 ball players in TN.

I also agree with columbiaguy. The thread topic states "Best 2011 grads" it does not say "Best 2011 D1 prospects". This message board covers the whole state of TN. Some areas will have multiple D1 prospects where as some areas may be lucky to have 1 D1 prospect. Those areas with few or none can still have quality players who deserve to be recognized as the "Best 2011 grads" in their playing area.

As i said, then they are not part of the best but good players. Under ya'lls assumption we have 10 best players since we will have 10 juniors playing varsity.

We have only have 1 that can even be considered in the best in TN.

I reckon you guys also believe everyone is a winner as long as they try. Your teams probably give everybody a trophy for something. Sounds like LL to me, not high school baseball. Again, if you want to have a list of all juniors playing varsity then start that thread. But if you want the best then give names and reasons why. Pitchers not throwing 85 plus probably even 90 are not the best.

Hitters hitting less than 10 home runs are not power hitters.

Batters hitting less than .400 are not great batters.

If you have not played varsity baseball before, not even considered.

Just my opinion on what it takes to be part of the best.