Jabriel Washington - T.C.A Athlete

There was some discussion between Union City and South Pittsburg fans about this kid from Jackson...I found this on a UT fan-board....

"Right now I think I have 13 offers. Some of the offers I can think of are LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, Texas A&M, Florida State among others. I’ve been hearing a lot from Oregon as well. Right now I would have to say my early top 3 are LSU, Tennessee, and Georgia in no order. I’m not ready to commit or anything like that. Just a couple early top schools. Some schools are looking at me for defensive back, some are looking at me for wide receiver. I think LSU wants me to play DB, Tennessee wants me to play wide receiver, and Georgia likes me for either one. Tennessee is sending me more mail than anyone right now, they also have been sending coaches by the school.”

I just wanted to post this so the South Pitt fans would see why UC fans were so high on him in comparing him to UT-Chattanooga commit Terrell Robinson....UC gets to see him again next season in Union City...

As always, I agree with P&G. I have seen both kids up close and on the sidelines. Both are very talented playmakers. The thing that separates Washington from Robinson is that Washington is so explosively fast. I mean he accelerates to top speed so quickly and doesn't break his speed on his cuts. Just amazingly fast.

The thing that separates Washington from Robinson is that Washington is so explosively fast. I mean he accelerates to top speed so quickly and doesn't break his speed on his cuts. Just amazingly fast.

Amazing athlete.Like you said,that kid has got some serious acceleration,and makes very quick cuts. I can't wait to see what he will do in D1 once he gets in college on a good strength & conditioning program.

LSU (Chavis) is going after him hard according to some of the message boards.

J Washington is a trememdous athlete. We got to meet him during a recruiting trip to Tennessee. He is very explosive. No doubt his choices for college are numeruos. But as an wideout or db. He's having to play qb now because he's bascially all his team has. And the ball in his hands gives them a chance to win.

• 4 weeks later...