Oak Ridge High School--Help!!

NedNatterjack

SoccercatDad (or anyone), can you post some contact information for someone in the ORHS booster club or perhaps the new coach? There's no such info on the OR soccer website.

Or have them get in touch with me: sam.matson@gmail.com

Thanks!

I sent you an e mail with his contact information.

Soccercatdad, I am glad that the reception went well. I talked to Jon today, and he is very excited to be there, and ready to get things going!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SoccercatDad (or anyone), can you post some contact information for someone in the ORHS booster club or perhaps the new coach? There's no such info on the OR soccer website.

Or have them get in touch with me: sam.matson@gmail.com

Thanks!

I sent you an e mail with his contact information.

Soccercatdad, I am glad that the reception went well. I talked to Jon today, and he is very excited to be there, and ready to get things going!

We (the girls program) hope that Coach Mullins (OR Athletic Director) is able to repeat the selection process if we are to get a new coach as well. He certainly did an outstanding job with Coach Day. We will see how this progresses.

OK...OK...Since some of us don't live in the Knoxville area....I'll ask the question. What Happened to OJ ????

Here is the Knoxville News Sentinel article link

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/dec/0 ... cer-coach/

Here is the link to the article on Coach Day being hired as the boys coach.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/jan/2 ... ge-soccer/

OJ had both the boys and girls program at Oak Ridge.

OK...OK...Since some of us don't live in the Knoxville area....I'll ask the question. What Happened to OJ ????

If you know OJ, then you know what happened.....

He did do alot of great things for the OR program (dont get me wrong), but caused more conflict in the long run. There are not many past players, past parents, or local area coaches that will say positive things about him as a man. No other coach cursed at his players like he did, or had as many problems with other coaches/parents. The article says that the parents ran him off. But look from their perspective, you can coach without negativity and get success. CAK, Alcoa, Farragut, Bearden, even West all coach their teams very tough and get great results.

It was a long time coming, and I know that the people involved with soccer in Oak Ridge know they are in a better situation. The new hire just made East TN much stronger !!!!!

Cant wait for the season to start !!!!!

Best of luck to all teams :hungry: