Oak Ridge Basketball

rajohnson31508

Oak Ridge lost again tonight in an embarrassing loss to Hardin Valley who had only won 2 games in the last two season combined (tonight was their 3rd win in two years). I think Oak Ridge's record this season is 5-8...something like that. I'm sure Oak Ridge is down this year, but they shouldn't be losing to Hardin Valley.

Any thoughts on what is going on with the basketball program at Oak Ridge? When is the last time Oak Ridge had a losing season?

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

true that statement..... what kind of offense your new coach running...... im not a smart guy but i know if i got a team full of young athletic kids, im not gonna be slowing the pace of the game down.... thats what they did against clinton when they played but they would have beat clinton if they would have been running the floor all night and not trying to be a half court team.... cant do that but cant say im mad that OR is strugglin... lovin it actually but i know it wont be long before you guys will be back beatin people.... way to many athletes not to be...

Get used to the plodding style of play, been like that everywhere Wortman's coached!

It looks like the O.R. administration made this hire based in large part on Coach Wortman's college experience and not necessarily his basketball philosophy. They are young, but they have too much talent to be under .500 and losing to Hardin Valley. They need to speed the tempo up and leave Rian Hall out on the floor for longer stretches. Having seen O.R. play a couple times it doesn't look like much is happening on the bench. The games that I have attended Wortman and his entire staff are sitting and not saying much. This is wildly different than when Norris was running things.

I must agree totally with all of your post. I know OR is young this year, but there is NO excuse for them to be below .500. They are extremely boring to watch, and play like they are scared to make mistakes. Not sure why OR hired Wortman anyway? Other than winning a GIRLS state championship (AA) in 1995 with Hickman County, what has he done? Didn't really win at LeVergne or Shelbyville and has jumped around a lot. Not to mention, he is a Middle Tennesse guy. His style of coaching doesn't fit at Oak Ridge! The athletes will not continue to play for a guy like Wortman. Bad hire for OR!

Yes, OR is getting what they deserve!

The Wildcats have a big oppurtunity tonight when they travel to Clinton to play the Dragons in a district ball game. A win over clinton, and all the talk about this coach will stop. But Clinton is playing at a very high level with 6 seniors leading the way. I also heard that Ryan Hall was hurt, if that is the case tough lose for Oak Ridge. Good luck to both teams tonight, hopefully the game will bring out alot of county fans and pack Don Lockard Gym.