Soddy By God Results , and some tidbits from the stands

bear cat brown

I will give some tidbits later, for now I'm off to have dinner with one of my favorite famlies the Toons.

Please if you are a member of, Miss Independence, and The Hill , feel free to skip over this topic , cause I ain't got much love in my heart for you guys that went to another tournament instead of Soddy By God.

Be back much later to enlighten you boys and girls on the happenings of todays fun filled events.

bcb iii :flower:

Love My Irish

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 2 cents...it was fun to watch the young lady beat the kid from notre dame.,.but it wasn't fun watching the young man get down on himself for losing to girl.She was very tough,but nothing every good comes from boys wrestlin girls.."ON THE MAT!!" Bathrooms were horrible,food was OK,girls wrestling was nice,some of the wrestling moms were real nice,the woman with the broken zipper should never be allowed to in a wrestling event ever again,unless she lets DON KING OUT OF A LEG-LOCK!!! :bored:,and the guy who was trying to streak across the parking lot,but fell and busted his arse,that was funnier than heck,..Tyler Toon man handled Tucker Bolten,PERIOD!!!!..Goose Manning wrestled hard brought home his 1st tourney of the year,Boone(nd) is for real,Bradley's 152 Aguilar is nasty,I hope the kid that knocked himself out is ok,Oh yeah,one more last thing.......eggs,taco-bell and lots of coffee DO NOT MIX!!!!!.,. :ph34r:

Good Morning boys and girls, sorry about the delay in some tidbits of info, but last night the Toons tried to give the ol stubborn cat a cultural dining experience. Took me to a place where they save money on electricity by serving their food un-cooked, a place called Hiroshiis. Now there are some things that i enjoy eating that aren't cooked, like cereal, ice cream and chips, but fish ain't one of them. Thankfully they have a childs menu where i got to order some good ol fashion american stirred fried chicken.

Now to the tournament. First I would like to give the Cordova and Tullahome teams and fans a big thank you for showing up to the Soddy By God Inv. If my memory serves me Cordova is located in Memphis which is a lonnnnnnng way from Chattanooga, Both teams added to this tournament and showed some potential State big time match-ups. I wonder out loud how a team is banned from wrestling but then go to another tournament.

A big thanks to Coach Henry, for giving me the collection of money all my reading fans gave to him. I wanted you guys to know that the .13 cents was well used.

Girls rassling has come a long way, there were some girls that really impressed me with their knowledge of the sport. Wanted to give ya'll a little atta girl, and keep up the good work.

I'm not sure if they gave out an OW, but if they didn't then here are my top three that really stood out:

1st runner-up...... Chris Aguillar from TBSFMAW. A blast double that had his finals opponent turn his back on him

runner-up........... Jeremy Miller from The Nation. Not a flashy rassler but perhaps the best rassler in the State with a lead. Very sound, patient, rassler who rarely is out of position.

My OW.............. Jacob Stevens from SOddy By God. Now I know why some of you rassling fans think I gave the award to him, but believe me this boy put an arse whopping on the 112lb weight class. Pinned Kasy from WV and then teched a kid that beat Mullin from EFT. Very impressed with his preformance this weekend and I hope next week the arse whoppins keep on truckin.

I heard a a story that I thought was suppose to be a joke but ended up being sad and true.I'll give you the long version, cause what else are you going to do in 16 degree weather. It seems that after a match at the EBE Inv, that a losing boys dad came up to the winning boys dad and said congrats but will see what happens when it counts at regions. Words were exchanged in a semi confrontation manner but nothing really happend. Then this short fat daddy came back up to the winning daddy, put his fat belly in the guys knees brim of his hat poking his chest and proceeded to tell the winning daddy that he was going to kick his arse. The winnind daddy thought the losing daddy was kidding but here's the kicker, he was serious. All about a rassling match.The two daddies, the WINNING DADDY and the fat short loser daddy will be rassling this week at Red Bank.. oops I mean I'm not sure what school.

I have found someone to replace myself and the purples mommie Mrs Mix as the loudest fan around. The ol bear from La. told me he had medics standing by just in case I popped a blood vessel. This man puts Mrs Mix and I to shame. Don't know his name but the winner of the "I ain't never sitting by you again award" goes to the 189lber daddy from Tullahoma. Congrats and keep up the good work.

I really do love rasslin and all the young men that give their all to the sport.

The results;

LEGEND AND FINAL TEAM SCORES

1. Bradley (Brad) 258; 2. Hewitt (Hew) 147; 3. Ooltewah (O) 132; 4. Greenback (G) 120; 5. Soddy Daisy (SD) 112; 6. Tullahoma (T) 106.5; 7. Cordova (Cor) 92.5; 8. Walker Valley (WV) 60; 9. Notre Dame (ND) 53; 10. Cookeville (Cook) 21; 11. Warren County (WC) 0.

CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS

103 – Brandon Bruner (T) dec. Jacob Climer (Brad), 10-6;

112 – Jacob Stevens (SD) won by technical fall over Alex Kaferle (T), 5:30;

119 – Jack Boone (ND) dec. Tyler Pitts (Brad), 4-2;

125 – Cullen King (Cor) dec. Ethan Hames (Brad), 7-4;

130 – Tyler Schuch (Brad) pinned Jess Hooper (G), 3:09;

135 – Trevor Herron (Brad) dec. Turbo Smith (SD), 3-0;

140 – Brad Colbaugh (Brad) dec. John Birdwell (Cook), 6-3;

145 – Jeremy Miller (G) major dec. Vince Aguilar (Brad), 10-0;

152 – Chris Aguilar (Brad) won by technical fall over Chris Tucker (Hew), 3:48;

160 – Richard Manning (O) dec. Blake Henry (SD), 12-6;

171 – Matt Elkins (Hew) pinned Terrence Hill (Cor), :56;

189 – Taylor Stevens (Hew) dec. Luke Frederick (T), 13-7;

215 – Isaiah Simpson (WV) dec. Tyler Toon (O), 3-2;

285 – Patrick Benson (Brad) pinned Tyler Dailey (G), 4:34.

CONSOLATION FINALS FOR THIRD PLACE

103 – Kyle Eustice (SD) won by technical fall over Dillon Jones (G), 4:59;

112 – Grayson Mullin (ND) dec. Jericho Crutcher (Brad), 4-2;

119 – Justin Garner (T) won by technical fall over Hayden Barcelona (Cor), 3:33;

125 – Jake Gamble (SD) pinned Tanner Vittatoe (G), 4:38;

130 – John Jordan (T) pinned Travis Dias (WV), 3:55;

135 – Bubba Loftis (Hew) pinned Chad Penson (Cor), 4:55;

140 – Hung Lo (Hew) major dec. Nick Moore (O), 11-3;

145 – Reginald Adams (Cor) dec. Taylor Bradford (Hew), 6-5;

152 – Ryan Hubbs (O) pinned Josh Ford (G), 3:53;

160 – Jacob Bailey (Brad) pinned Dylan Crouch (T), 3:48;

171 – Matt Roderick (Brad) dec. Lamech Jones (O), 5-4;

189 – Jay Rudwall (O) major dec. Jered Beaudry (Cor), 10-2;

215 – Tucker Bolton (Brad) dec. Derrick Talley (Hew), 6-2;

285 – Dylan Mills (WV) won by forfeit over Jameson Hicks (Hew).

BTW as of my press time this morning the Soddy By God was the only tournament with the results posted, Thanks again Coach Henry and your staff.

bcb iii :ph34r:

Go Irish

........................................................................................................................................

I heard a a story that I thought was suppose to be a joke but ended up being sad and true.I'll give you the long version, cause what else are you going to do in 16 degree weather. It seems that after a match at the EBE Inv, that a losing boys dad came up to the winning boys dad and said congrats but will see what happens when it counts at regions. Words were exchanged in a semi confrontation manner but nothing really happend. Then this short fat daddy came back up to the winning daddy, put his fat belly in the guys knees brim of his hat poking his chest and proceeded to tell the winning daddy that he was going to kick his arse. The winnind daddy thought the losing daddy was kidding but here's the kicker, he was serious. All about a rassling match.The two daddies, the WINNING DADDY and the fat short loser daddy will be rassling this week at Red Bank.. oops I mean I'm not sure what school.

.........................................................................................................................................

Bear Kitty:

Regarding that match between the two daddy's, why don't you set that match up in Alan Gold's parking lot. As I recall, a few years back your pal Keefejams ( or was it Stovepipe) said you had experience with wrestling matches in that parking lot.

TFI put on a good tournament up here yesterday for those who could make it. Your name was taken in vain on several occasions. I've posted congrats and a couple of questions for you on the topic of the Ryan tournament when you get a chance to venture over there.

I left off Blackman as a team that couldn't rassle at Soddy By God but went elsewhere.. Shame on you Hamm.

Buck I'm pretty sure that one of the daddies was a paying customer, and that would give him a home field advantage.

I answered your ? on the other post, way ahead of you.

smart guy....1.5

bcb iii..........4.5

bcb iii :ph34r:

Tid bits from the stands:

1. I understand that the weather was a little cold, but why did it take two or three hours to get the tournement started? Shame on the coaches of the teams that did not show!

2. I heard from other folks in the crowd the wrestlebacks for 3rd was messed up - heck there weren't enough athletes in each bracket to mess up!

3. Food was actually pretty good - even saw a mom with a baked potato.

4. The girls wrestling was really good - fans were cheering and these girls were obviously enthusiastic about the sport - good for them. I support a separate sport for them. Not sure I like the girl/boy concept, but I really enjoed watching the match w/ the ND kid. Very Exciting!

5.The wrestler from Bradley (Agulair?) that had 23 takedowns in the finals was a show-off. Now I am rooting for ANY kid to beat him. Better yet, catch him and pin him! It was like watching pro athletes celebrating in the end zone. The coach was totally responsible for this excess. The "let go and take down again" concept to this extreme is crappy sportsmanship.

6. Watch out for runner-up in 160 (Henry?). He's a freshman and is an awesome wrestler now, and will be a state winner - maybe So, Jr AND Sr.

7. 215 final was a disappointment. Ooltewah wrestler should have beat the "all show (arms) and no go (technique)" kid from WV.

8. The coach from Tullahoma in the 189 final was a complete embarassment to the sport and should be fired or forced to resign! He was awful to his athlete. In this period of keeping coaches accountable for their actions, I'd love to show the administrators of the Tullahoma High School a tape of his "coaching". Did anyone see the wrestler's FATHER yelling "tear his head off" during this match - equally outrageous. Is there something in the water in Tullahoma?

9. Finally, the team from Birminghamn was great! They really had an outstanding program.

1. I understand that the weather was a little cold, but why did it take two or three hours to get the tournement started? Shame on the coaches of the teams that did not show!

2. I heard from other folks in the crowd the wrestlebacks for 3rd was messed up - heck there weren't enough athletes in each bracket to mess up!

4. The girls wrestling was really good - fans were cheering and these girls were obviously enthusiastic about the sport - good for them. I support a separate sport for them. Not sure I like the girl/boy concept, but I really enjoed watching the match w/ the ND kid. Very Exciting!

5.The wrestler from Bradley (Agulair?) that had 23 takedowns in the finals was a show-off. Now I am rooting for ANY kid to beat him. Better yet, catch him and pin him! It was like watching pro athletes celebrating in the end zone. The coach was totally responsible for this excess. The "let go and take down again" concept to this extreme is crappy sportsmanship.

6. Watch out for runner-up in 160 (Henry?). He's a freshman and is an awesome wrestler now, and will be a state winner - maybe So, Jr AND Sr.

7. 215 final was a disappointment. Ooltewah wrestler should have beat the "all show (arms) and no go (technique)" kid from WV.

8. The coach from Tullahoma in the 189 final was a complete embarassment to the sport and should be fired or forced to resign! He was awful to his athlete. In this period of keeping coaches accountable for their actions, I'd love to show the administrators of the Tullahoma High School a tape of his "coaching". Did anyone see the wrestler's FATHER yelling "tear his head off" during this match - equally outrageous. Is there something in the water in Tullahoma?

9. Finally, the team from Birminghamn was great! They really had an outstanding program.

SnowWhite,

Welcome to Coach T. I see this is your first post. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at the Soddy Daisy Showdown, there was some great wrestling there yesterday. I apologize to you for being appalling during the 189lb finals. Some kids respond differently to different types of coaching. Some need to be calmed, some need to be assured, some need to be pushed, and some need a fire lit under them. Our 189lber, Luke Frederick, needs that fire lit under him. He responds well to being pushed hard and being demanded to give his best. His father was the big bear in the stands that was louder than me (hard to believe) and encourages pushing his son to be his best. Luke responds well to this type of coaching and has placed at every tournament this year, making the finals twice. As you could see, Luke wrestled way better in the 2nd and 3rd periods, after my ghastly and embarrassing coaching. You have to find out what makes kids tick and I take pride in getting the most out of my wrestlers. My 103 and 112 also made the finals. Were they coached in the same manner? No. But they need different things that help them be their best, that's why it's called coaching.

I do bring a certain intensity to the mat when I coach. My wrestlers know that I love them and they would run through brick walls for me, Luke Frederick would probably be in front. So I'm sorry that you don't agree with my coaching methods. I'm going to be doing everything I can to get the best out of my wrestlers, so don't expect to see my resignation any time soon!

As a CoachT Alumni, I usually ignore posts like this but for some reason I can't.

1- Welcome to wrestling. If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

2- Welcome to wrestling. If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

3- If you attend a wrestling event for the food, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

4- Girls wrestling...No comment.

5- Bothered by Aguilar having 23 TD's against a kid who quit 20 seconds into the match. It may be a good idea for BOTH you and the HT kid to seek entertainment elsewhere.

6-OK

7-Evidence you know very little about wrestling.

8-Proof you know nothing about wrestling. Bray and Lester are 2 of the best coaches and people in the state. Tullahoma is fortunate to have them.

8a- Yelling tear his head off. Again...If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere. You are going to hear a lot worse.

9- OK

As to coaching mehods I have to agree with Coach Bray I have 3 boys who wrestle and No it is not at tullahoma but they all respond to different ways of coaching just as they do in other areas of life. my Senior just needs encouraging (loudly) my Freshman needs pushed very LOUDLY and my 5th grader needs Nourishment So SnowWhite you may need to change sports if you wrestler ever wrestles mine you will know me by the fact of being the loudest one in the gym and by the way it works their records are the proof :ph34r: