Soddy By God Results , and some tidbits from the stands

bear cat brown

I forgot one tidbit , I witnessed the best scramble that I have seen from Trevor Herron.

The Smith boy had him up in the air over his back when Ringo somehow went thru the legs came out on top and got the takedown. very nice. I have it on tape but am afraid to show it, cause .................

Snow White don't let these bullies push you around, you keep coming back and i'm certain that the board will be more up lifting

bcb iii :ph34r:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to coaching mehods I have to agree with Coach Bray I have 3 boys who wrestle and No it is not at tullahoma but they all respond to different ways of coaching just as they do in other areas of life. my Senior just needs encouraging (loudly) my Freshman needs pushed very LOUDLY and my 5th grader needs Nourishment So SnowWhite you may need to change sports if you wrestler ever wrestles mine you will know me by the fact of being the loudest one in the gym and by the way it works their records are the proof :)

Is that you Fred? How are Mike, Robbie and Chip?

Competing moms...sons vs step sons,Coaching,fans,wrestlers? start with wrestlers:my dad told me once"if you see a turlte on a fence,he didnt get there by himself!!".,...coaches:if you dont like how a coach does things,then you can go start your on team!!!,as far as parents.,.please worry about how you act or better yet,worry on how you treat your son(mental abuse is just as bad). And,if you think Aguliar is bad,I have seen Bradley teams were every wrestler acts like that and thats why they have the BIG TROPHY!!! Wrestling is a combat sport,a violent sport,a intense sport...not a an upward church league sport were everyone wins just for showing up and mommies/daddies skip off to the car with thier precious little johnny and release white doves!!!!! "TO BE THE MAN,YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!!!" WHOOOooooooo!!!!!!!!

Is that you Fred? How are Mike, Robbie and Chip?

I think you are getting lazy Uncle Buck, you could have thrown this in to really drive your point across

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PbwJ0VXhs

bcb iii :)

Actually, BCB, that clip is from the later years of the show,when it ran in color on CBS from 1965-1972. As evidenced by my question to mythreewrestlers, I much preferred the early years of the show, when it began on ABC in black and white and ran from 1960-1965.The show moved to CBS for the 1965–66 season after ABC was too cheap to pay the expense of producing the program in color. Along with the change in networks and the transition to color, other changes happened during 1965: William Frawley, who played my look-a-like and alter ego, "Bub" O'Casey, was replaced by William Demarest who played his brother Charley...........Demarest name appears in the credits of your clip. Tim Considine, who played oldest son Mike Douglas, did not renew his contract after a falling-out and his character was written out of the show along with Meredith MacRae, who had played his fiancee and (in his last episode) new wife. (hence the term "The Mike Douglas Kiss-Off" is a reference to a character in a TV show whose departure is explained - such as a marriage, or college - but whose name is never again referenced in the show-----now you have a name for what happened to your buds,Keefejamsand Stovepipe). To keep the show's title plausible, they had Fred MacMurray adopt an orphaned friend of the sons named Ernie Thompson (played by Barry Livingston, also listed in the credits of your clip) . Notice I did not ask mythreewrestlers how Robbie, Chip and Ernie were doing...........a key to the period of the show I was referring to that is not the period that is your clip.

Do your homework before crossing swords with your Uncle Bud, er ,Buck.

Smart Guy............6.5

BCB.....................0.5

Thanks Bear cat Brown my boys did not believe that show was real they learned something today and no Bucklateral this is not Fred but I have a singlet about that old do you think I could get one of my boys to wear it at state u know the nice cotton ones :)

Well, if he did, he would probably also have to wear a pair of those short gym shorts also, wouldn't he, like wrestlers had to do back in those days in order to abide by the rules of the "modesty police". That look was kind of goofy by today standards. I'm guessing you can't pay your son enough to get him to go out on the mat in that outfit. But I am glad that your boys know that there was really a TV show that spawned your screen name. However, if you are like me you will never show your kids a single episode for fear they might say, gee, dad,why aren't you more like the guy in the TV show----did he ever say a cross word to any of those boys?

hey Buckllaterral U r right there anyway being a newbi on coach t is was an honer to be tag-teamed givin the 1-2 punch by 2 legends U and bcb throw in a roped ring and pretty girls with signs amd I can go into the bright light only to have Wrestling God condem my soul to eternity as boro ref is this to much drama ? hope to meet u guys sometime soon if nowhere else at state hopefully the ice cream vender will come to the Ag center :)

Tid bits from the stands:

1. I understand that the weather was a little cold, but why did it take two or three hours to get the tournement started? Shame on the coaches of the teams that did not show!

2. I heard from other folks in the crowd the wrestlebacks for 3rd was messed up - heck there weren't enough athletes in each bracket to mess up!

3. Food was actually pretty good - even saw a mom with a baked potato.

4. The girls wrestling was really good - fans were cheering and these girls were obviously enthusiastic about the sport - good for them. I support a separate sport for them. Not sure I like the girl/boy concept, but I really enjoed watching the match w/ the ND kid. Very Exciting!

5.The wrestler from Bradley (Agulair?) that had 23 takedowns in the finals was a show-off. Now I am rooting for ANY kid to beat him. Better yet, catch him and pin him! It was like watching pro athletes celebrating in the end zone. The coach was totally responsible for this excess. The "let go and take down again" concept to this extreme is crappy sportsmanship.

6. Watch out for runner-up in 160 (Henry?). He's a freshman and is an awesome wrestler now, and will be a state winner - maybe So, Jr AND Sr.

7. 215 final was a disappointment. Ooltewah wrestler should have beat the "all show (arms) and no go (technique)" kid from WV.

8. The coach from Tullahoma in the 189 final was a complete embarassment to the sport and should be fired or forced to resign! He was awful to his athlete. In this period of keeping coaches accountable for their actions, I'd love to show the administrators of the Tullahoma High School a tape of his "coaching". Did anyone see the wrestler's FATHER yelling "tear his head off" during this match - equally outrageous. Is there something in the water in Tullahoma?

9. Finally, the team from Birminghamn was great! They really had an outstanding program.

As a CoachT Alumni, I usually ignore posts like this but for some reason I can't.

1- Welcome to wrestling. If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

2- Welcome to wrestling. If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

3- If you attend a wrestling event for the food, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

4- Girls wrestling...No comment.

5- Bothered by Aguilar having 23 TD's against a kid who quit 20 seconds into the match. It may be a good idea for BOTH you and the HT kid to seek entertainment elsewhere.

6-OK

7-Evidence you know very little about wrestling.

8-Proof you know nothing about wrestling. Bray and Lester are 2 of the best coaches and people in the state. Tullahoma is fortunate to have them.

8a- Yelling tear his head off. Again...If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere. You are going to hear a lot worse.

9- OK

Thanks for helping me remember why I read this!!!