knox west (up-coming season)

westrebel2012

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some coaches are being replaced but I don't think he has officially hired any coaches in those spots yet. In Knox County Schools he really can't until late in the semester bc downtown has to open teaching spots up then interview for the teaching positions. He can hire coaches if they are already in the system but even then I'm sure he wants chance to get them in the building. Hope he gets opportunity to get good guys in there bc that program has been up and coming and now put in district that is really tough with bigger schools. Really not fair; they are the team nobody really wants to play but won't say it. May beat them but then again may not. They have played Maryville as well as anybody till this year. If he can bolster the staff they can really do some damage i think.

• 3 weeks later...

west is and will always be underachievers and a waste of the talent that goes through that program as long as SC remains there. Don't adapt or evolve to your players talents, just run the same split back veer and 3-4/3-5 that you don't have the personnel or ability to run or scheme with. Running off coaches and replacing them with more hacks isnt the way to advance the program. teams arent scared of playing west, its great practice for their punt return team.

Ok mr. SatyricTurfPunk...since you know it all go ask Maryville if they're scared of playing West. Ok they're not scared of playing West, but I guarantee you there isn't a team out there George Quarrles respects more. Two years ago Maryville beat West in the second round 17-9. Maryville blew everyone out the rest of the way on their run to the state championship. If West had beaten Maryville that game, then they would have won state that year. West just couldn't close this past year. Lost to Catholic 21-18 after leading by a touchdown in the 4th quarter. Lost to Farragut 18-11 after leading in the late 3rd quarter/early 4th quarter. Lost to Fulton by 1 point (14-13) in which West fumbled on the 1 yard line and gave Fulton an easy chip in. Quit hating. :thumb:

Oh, and the coaches weren't "run off." They left on their own terms. Know your facts.

• 3 weeks later...

Fact is West lost all those games you mentioned and has underachieved for the better part of a decade but i guess let's hand out trophies for "almost wins" and "great efforts". Wish my team had the coveted "Maryville respects us more than anyone" award. Don't kid yourself, nobody cares about West, nobody is jealous of West's toughness or resolve, nobody is afraid of West. only in your limited community are they considered a program.

:lol::D:D:D

This is how uninformed today's society is! West is a fine program, I've just found out that people who West threaten try to "downgrade" them. It's quite comical! The TSSAA screwed West, but they're tough. No complaining; it doesn't matter who West plays because the expectations remain the same. Beat the crap out of the other opponent. West is one of, if not the best 5a team in the Knoxville area. Powell, Halls, and Central are down. I don't care how good Clinton was last year because they just can't beat West. You should know what I'm talking about if you went to the 08 West Clinton game. Plus Darian Stone is gone so Clinton's little run is probably over. Lenoir City is....well........Lenoir City. Again :lol:

It is understood east of Knoxville that Knox West always has a competitive team. And 2009 was a prime example. It also understood that before the new conference alignment that their 4A conference was a tough one. It is now common knowledge that Knox West is in the toughest conference in the state. Check the scores with Farragut, Maryville, Catholic and that is all that is needed. Sullivan South came to play and we feel West was not prepared for the calibre' of football that South is capable of. West will give South it's best effort in 2010. And what a night that will be. Rebels respecting Rebels.